Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community,

For a limited time, Public Mobile will be offering an exclusive plan for current Freedom Mobile customers only:

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data at 4G LTE speed(about 4GB/30 days) on a 90-day plan for $126 (about $42/30 days). Looking for another way to save? Activate AutoPay when you sign up for this plan and you’ll save $2 per 30 days.  

All this on Canada’s largest mobile network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan below and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order one online or pick one up at select Walmart and WOW! mobile boutique locations first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be able to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • 500MB* data on 4G LTE
  • Plan Subtotal: $126 (if you enable AutoPay this will come to $120/90 days)

3.Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 500MB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days on 4G LTE within 72 hours.

*Note: Within 72 hours, your 12GB will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve for verification.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ here.

Public Mobile Community team

295 REPLIES 295

@905289 this is one of the main reasons they do not have a call centre

@905289 wrote:

I appreciate all of the double porting information but its rediculous that anyone has to go to that much effort. If the phone company without a phone number actually had a phone number, we would simply call and ask for the loyalty.department.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Already answered it is lte

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Jeremy_M is the new promo same as old one (on LTE network?) or is it on 3G network?

mimmo

many providers do not offer their promos to current subscribers.  ie you have to be a new user or ibelieve be renewing your contract ie new phone...  So really this isnt that much different other than PM is targeting a specific new customer.  

There is a way to get the deal if you want it and if it makes sense for you.

@Luddite wrote:

@yyolaw Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Be calm, polite, and hopeful.

The FAQ is very clear, "Please note any customers who transferred to Public Mobile from Freedom prior to the promotion start date will not be eligible."  The moderators are very fair, but they cannot transgress the terms of the promo at will. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Krzy604,

Yes, the plan continues as long as you continue to pay every 90 days. If you prepay, you will get $2 off each month.

mimmo

@Krzy604yes the rate you subscribe to is the renewal rate you get until you change your plan.

@Krzy604 wrote:
So what happens after the first 3 months are over? Do I get another 3 months at the same rate?

@yyolaw wrote:

I was a Freedom Customer and only switched to PM last saturday.. any chance I can get the deal? I'm honestly super disappointed this happened right after I switched cause I missed the last one 😞

The conditions are quite clear, if you came from Freedom before this promo, you can't get it.  So, I guess you will have to burn a couple of SIM cards and do it all over again.  It is worth it though, considering how expensive and slow the current throttled LTE plans are. 

Krzy604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So what happens after the first 3 months are over? Do I get another 3 months at the same rate?

bigbadpandabear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This proves there is some secret backroom agreement with the big3 telco cartel; they have agreed not to target each other to lure each other customers.  Telus can targets Freedom Mobile as Freedom owns by the Shaw communications; and Shaw is not big enough in the Canadian wireless marketplace to become part of the cartel.  CRTC should look into marketing practice like this.

CalvinW
Usual trash from PM, might as well just stay with freedom

zoomzoom87
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you can still get this, get fm account, port number to fm, make new pm account and port over fm number. Bam, bit of a hassle, but it's possible. 

zoomzoom87

you can still get it, you'd have to get the cheapest freedom plan, port your pm number to fm, start new pm account and port from fm. Technically possible, just depends if you want to go through the hassle. 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good news for freedom customers. But the others

Can you please offer this to curent customers and stop putting salt in our wounds. You keep insulting us by posting about plans we're not eligable for.

I appreciate all of the double porting information but its rediculous that anyone has to go to that much effort. If the phone company without a phone number actually had a phone number, we would simply call and ask for the loyalty.department.

mimmo

Looks like a prepaid freedom account might be the way to go for some.

FM sim $0

FM talk and text $25+tax

PM sim $10

So all in $35.

Not as good as a regular account but if freedom is not in your city...

collin1215

Ayyyy great to see this promo back again. Still worth with the extra $2. Last time when this deal was around, I switched to Freedom and then back to Public Mobile once I recieved my sim card. Everything has been smooth salling since. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
@mimmo

That's correct 😊

mimmo

@Jeremy_M or @CS_Agent  is this offer valid for all freedom account postpaid and prepaid?

Looks like ordering a freedom prepaid sim  online is free and could be a good option for those where freedom is not available.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-and-devices/bring-your-own-device-to-freedom

jshmeek

I'm sure the mods would honor the deal. Give them a PM and they'll give you a hand. @CS_Agent

oneeyedgoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Made a serious mistake. For some reason, the option of 500Mb data was not selected. So the plan becomes $90 for 90 days with 2 choices discount. Tried to change plan to include the 500Mb but top up will not go through. The Freedom Mobile number is ported to Public now and I cannot re-do the process. Now what can I do

help!

Michael77
Thanks, PM! It's nice to see the plan back again. It's only $2 more than the last FM promotion when you do autopay. It's still a great plan and price!

crazycolby
This is really nice one!

@jshmeek asked "By the way, if others are interested in doing this, as far as I know your community account can have the email changed on it (and its not directly tied to the self serve account). Can someone please clarify this? Would changing my current community details to correspond with a new self serve account allow me to recieve community rewards on that account?"

Answer: your Community email address must match the account email address for Community rewards to be deposited there. But the accumulated rewards will not transfer to a new PM account.

More details in the solution to this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-a-number-from-PM-to-PM/m-p/163972#...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shawnie_boy

@PriMo wrote:

This is just insulting to the current customers. Geeze whiz your company name is public mobile, open your offers up to the public. Current subs should have access to this promotion. It's like descrimination: sorry you are with us already your not eligible,  your with fido your not eligible. Be fair that's all we ask. That's what you promised. LTE data speeds should not be a candy given only to your favorite children. It's the quality of the service. I am not happy being told to sit in the back of the bus because the new subscribers get front row seats. Enough. Just reading the scattered new plans is a headache. I have never such a mess. It's not diversified it's chaotic. Rid us of the 3g speeds already and offer plans for all. Be fair we know it's a wild approach for the Canadian telecommunication industry but it will get you loyal subs.

Just port over to Freedom first. That is what 80% of the people did to get on this plan a couple months ago. You can't be lazy if you want to get a deal. 

jshmeek

Good points. Honestly, if you want that type of treatment for loyalty and customer service, look to Zoomer. They offer a $45/4gb (unlimited canada-wide talk, text) to loyalty customers (available after six months of service).

PriMo

This is just insulting to the current customers. Geeze whiz your company name is public mobile, open your offers up to the public. Current subs should have access to this promotion. It's like descrimination: sorry you are with us already your not eligible,  your with fido your not eligible. Be fair that's all we ask. That's what you promised. LTE data speeds should not be a candy given only to your favorite children. It's the quality of the service. I am not happy being told to sit in the back of the bus because the new subscribers get front row seats. Enough. Just reading the scattered new plans is a headache. I have never such a mess. It's not diversified it's chaotic. Rid us of the 3g speeds already and offer plans for all. Be fair we know it's a wild approach for the Canadian telecommunication industry but it will get you loyal subs.

@SD08 Great memory (or search methodology) on that PM to PM transfer! 👍  👍

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jshmeek

As fa

@CalvinW wrote:
Typical trash promos from PM. Way to reward your loyal customers. And I didn't even get the promo text message to switch over to Koodo for the 5GB plan.

As far as I know, only select users with the older $40/4gb plan got the offer.

Edit: The only text offers I've seen specifically said "get an extra gb". So I would assume users with that plan.

jshmeek

@Rustynayl wrote:

Sorry for all the questions. Let's say I open a FM account with the intention of porting it to PM..

If I choose their basic $25 plan from FM..

- Once I port over, will FM send me a cheque for the $20-$25? Or do I loose the $25 that I paid for that plan?

- Does FM have an activation Fee (aside from the cost of a Simcard)?

Just trying to get an idea how much this would actually cost. 

I will check to see exactly what the charge was when I did this in June. They wouldn't charge the whole month because they can't. It's illegal on postpaid plans. You only pay for the service you use (as far as I know, based on days of the plan as it's unlimited talk/text). There wasn't an activation charge aside from the sim card (+ taxes of course).

Need Help? Let's chat.