Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WearySky wrote:

@Saray_O - the plans page is showing the bonus LTE data as being available on Canada-wide and Canada+US calling options as well as provincial-only.  I'm *assuming* that's a bug on the plans page, but could you confirm please?

Looks like the data is bonus on everything.  This looks different then when I signed up for the FM promo, which didn't show any bonus on the right column until the mods manually added it. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jeffster1970 it's not just Ontario.  I belive those are the same rates we get out here in BC, too.  In fact, i think most of the country, other than Quebec, Saksatchewan, and Manitoba.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jeffster1970

@TK wrote:

TOOOOO... expensive in QUEBEC

Ex:

Public Mobile           PROVINCE talk + text + 6 Gig,   $75

Koodo/Virgin/Fido    CANADA talk + text + 6 Gig,       $49

Quebec always has better deals because of Videotron.  I'd move over to Koodo if they had the Quebec deal here in Ontario. Listed below is what Ontario has.  

If you want 4 GB/month, (my plan with PM) with unlimited province-wide.

PM = $38/month (province-wide only, price further reduced by other credits)

Rogers = $90/month (only unlimited local calling though - no tab)

Fido = $75/month (rough estimate, no 4GB plan - includes Canada-wide calling)

Chatr = $50/month (6GB of data(unlimited), in-zone data only, 3Mbps during 6GB)

Bell = $95/month (unlimited Canada-wide)

Virgin = $75/month (see Fido in the above)

Koodo = $75/month (see Fido in the above)

Telus = $110/month (unlimited Canada-wide) $105/month for local calling.

Freedom = $44/month (this has 6GB(unlimited) of usage, in-zone only)

Freedom = $55/month (3GB only, includes free out-of-zone usage within that 3GB)

Zoomer = $54/month (3GB only, 800 minutes, unlimited weekends, Canada-wide)

Problem with living in Ontario. Not sure why we're the most expensive province. Guess it's because of lack of competition. 

WearySky

@Saray_O - the plans page is showing the bonus LTE data as being available on Canada-wide and Canada+US calling options as well as provincial-only.  I'm *assuming* that's a bug on the plans page, but could you confirm please?

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Can you offer 45 a month 2 GB on monthly plan. Thank you

jeffster1970

Nice!

And hey hey! After all the griping of the new LTE plans, I did say that they'd likely come out with a promotion.  Though this was much sooner than I thought. (I was thinking mid-August)

geologyking

@xCameron94xI didn't forget about competition at all--re-read my comment.  PM used to be a steal, comparatively speaking, but has nestled in somewhere just slightly more financially attractive than the Big 3s b brands but without the same level of support.  I'm fine using the forum when needed but others would no doubt trade in that small monthly saving for more fullsome support.

@geologyking you seem to forget there is more compeition in Quebec. Thats why rates are much lower there. PM doesnt favour one province over another. Same pricing for everyone. You are more than welcome to leave PM and go to Koodo since it is a much better deal there. But it is a STEAL in Ontario, BC, Ect. Given how Koodo is $110 for 7GB

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Saray_O, the bonus data is for as long as you keep your plan and not just a specified time like 1 year or anything like that?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geologyking

No doubt most people sign up ok or with minimal issue and their plans roll over ok, the problem occurs when these things don't go right and when these problems take a long time to solve. 

My point was that in Quebec with a full service provider you can not only get that timely service but you also pay considerably less than someone in a different province with a company(PM) which is supposed to very cheap--"Less for less"--but that doesn't offer the equivalent level of support.

@Saray_O, thanks for posting.  Bonus 4G data for those interested but am still very glad I got on the fall promo

@stonechucker, totally agree with you I had 3 smooth activations and all 3 have just completed their 3rd auto renewal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Once again, you don't know how many people DO NOT experience issues signing up, and their plans roll over smoothly.  Only those having issues post here, and of those, some just private message right away, not seeing them in the forums.

geologyking

@TKMy God that is infuriating--especially when you get that amount of data and the kind of support that seems required(It's shocking to see how many people have issues with signing up or plans expiring).

This is the price for lost competition--the Big 3 buy up what they want with seemingly little oversight for how loss of competition will affect the consumer.

collin1215

Oh hello hello bonus data for those who missed out O:

TK

TOOOOO... expensive in QUEBEC

Ex:

Public Mobile           PROVINCE talk + text + 6 Gig,   $75

Koodo/Virgin/Fido    CANADA talk + text + 6 Gig,       $49

I notice, there's not a drastic increase if you wish to include Canada-Wide calling (not the one with US).  It's the standard $15 increase on anyother 90-day plan.

Some of you may wish to opt for that.

geologyking

Worth keeping in mind that at 3Gb+3Gb for 150$ it is still 30$ more expensive than the identical service with 6Gb plan was just a few weeks ago. 

This promotion is 25% more than the very recent regular price was.  It's akin to jacking up prices before Christmas and then putting items on "sale" for Boxing Day.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
It's a great offer. As long ppls not comparing with 120 dollar 12gb plan.
40 dollar 4gb 30 days vs 75 dollar 6gb 30 days.its a big difference. But for someone who moving from 3 big company then its not a bad plan. Also you have to minus all rewards too. So it depends how much you willing to contribute to community forum. I would say let's say if you do contribute and get 6 bucks off and 2 dollars off for auto pay and add 3 refferal. On 30days basis your plan get down from 75 dollars to 64 dollars. Now that's not bad at all. 🙂

But good to see a positive change.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Good option for lte plan with good amount of bonus usage. Hopefully some peoples will take advantage of it.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Well there ya go!

Acekiller

Thats a great positive news!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

There you have it folks. Get some 4G LTE bonus data. 

EDIT: This offer is valid for New and Existing customers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.