Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geologyking wrote:

Had PM, or any of the oracles or even regular posters been able to make an argument that PM needed to raise these rates by this huge amount because of x, y, or z I would have gladly read it and thought about it but in the absence of that, this is nothing but a cynical move to improve the bottom line in an arena where competition has disappeared(Telus gobbling up PM).  I'd add, the move is even that more cynical by the introduction of outdated speeds(3G) and artificially hamstringing those outdated speeds even further

@geologyking I'd love to be able to tell you that.  The level of detail the oracles got--and I'm pretty sure I can share this here--oh, and I'm paraphrasing of course--is that PM wants to turbo-charge their growth, but the changes needed to do that necessitated a change to the business model.  That's about all we got out of them.  

FYI, you'd be hard-pressed to find any of the oracles actually *defending* or *happy about* the new pricing.  In fact, I think we're all about as unhappy as you are about it.  Also about the "3G" offerings and the too-low speed cap.  I think we've been pretty vocal about this, both publicly in the community and privately in an oracles-and-PM-staff discussion area.  We don't really have much pull or influence, so all we can do is complain as well and hope for positive changes.

At the end of the day, PM [okay, Telus] is free to run the company in whatever way they think is the right path forward.  If we don't like it, we can always move on.  It would definitley send a message if there were a mass exodus.  However, I think most folks on grandfathered plans are unlikely to do so given that many of them are pretty sweet deals.  I myself am on the 2016 Fall Promo plan and it would take me a LOT to leave, given the value it provides.  That said, am I likely to be heavily referring more folks to PM?  Probably not, unless some things change.

[edit: it's a "promo" plan, not a "prom" plan--entirely different thing altogether!]

Anyway, that's just one community oracle's opinion.  I didn't intend to speak on behalf of @Luddite@Rockdaddy22@imm1304, or @NDesai, though it probably sounds like I am in this reply.  Sorry gents but feel free to speak up if I've misrepresented any of your feelings on the matters.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c  Yes prices go up, that's inflation.  Can you point to any of the mobile providers who've raised their LTE rates 40 or 50% for new customers this year?  Inflation is running around 1% by comparison...

Had PM, or any of the oracles or even regular posters been able to make an argument that PM needed to raise these rates by this huge amount because of x, y, or z I would have gladly read it and thought about it but in the absence of that, this is nothing but a cynical move to improve the bottom line in an arena where competition has disappeared(Telus gobbling up PM).  I'd add, the move is even that more cynical by the introduction of outdated speeds(3G) and artificially hamstringing those outdated speeds even further.

I've got the time--I'm happy to be here calling a spade a spade when needed.

Eventually, unfortunately, I think we all know how this ends.  People forget how competitive PM used to be, the old plan prices drift off into forgotten memory and the consumer continues getting screwed 😞

@geologyking it happens to everyone everywhere

That is why I fail to see why some people think this is a crusade

Every single retailer plays this game

Prints flyers (or posts online) a great sale that lasts a week at best

After which price routinely doubles

You will give yourself a heart attack worrying about it

(I already pointed out Fido huge increase for you, have you seen any carrier who is cheaper today than 6 months ago?)

geologyking

@kav2001c"Stuff happens and things change"?  And we all sit back and say, "thank god it didn't happen to me" and applaud politely when PM(Telus) throws a small bone the way of any new customers which is still are marked increase over previous rates.  Sorry, that's not my way.

geologyking

@WearySkyBecause I think we can all do better than "I got mine". 

@geologyking exactly

And I still remember when we used pennies

Stuff happens and things change

As I mentioned before EVERY single carrier has had massive price increases

Heck the super popular Fido 3GB for $15 has now decreased to 2GB for $15

That is a change from $5 per GB to $7.50 per GB (check percent increase on that)

And it just happened as well

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geologyking wrote:

@Rockdaddy22Before I sign up for any service I always try and find out about past pricing--hikes, or lowered fees etc..  How often and by how much these changes are gives you some insight into how the company functions. 

I'm not sure how useful a piece of information it is to know that PM just raised their rates considerably - it has zero effect on existing users, after all.  So other than the "Man, I missed out on their previously-much-better prices" factor, it really doesn't have much value, to me any way.  Much more important to me is PM's history of grandfathering old accounts, which is quite positive.  Yeah, it sucks that they jacked the prices up, but the only real effect it has on me is making it harder to refer people.

@will13am I call bs on Fido

I had multiple plans that they screwed up (even ones on contract; instead of raising base plan they increased the cost of the add-ons)

I'm not even sure how you can mention renewal with Fido since they stripped ALL plans of hardware credits (incl loyalty offers) like a year ago

Everything is Plus10 now & maybe you can beg an extra $100 off phone

I do think Fido is better than Virgin historically but they both change far too often

@will13am wrote:

Fido is another company that seems to honor plan grandfathering quite well.  I know of friends who have completed their term, renewed with hardware on the same plan even when it is no longer offered.

geologyking

@kav2001c  We've been through this before you and I, the previous 90 day, global text, 6Gb, provincial calling plan was 120$--raised to 180$ for an increase of 50% overnight and now, for a short time, promoted for 150$ or a 25% increase over the previous base plan fee.

geologyking

@Rockdaddy22  I hope were not conflating increases in overages fees to increases in base plan prices...overage fees are avoidable charges, base plan fees are not.

@geologyking the non-promo plan was $55 for 3GB

What plan did you imagine now?

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Wow that is freaking amazing!!!

People of the community, please never doubt PM again. PLEASE!!!

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Maybe I forgot that fact 🤑

geologyking

@EltonBI'd rather visit the forum once and awhile and help out when I can rather than feeling like I have to always remind everyone of facts that are only a few weeks old but que sera sera.

As for people replying to me and looking for Bravoes--more power to them.  PM functions with a reward system and if people use, so be it and if people feel that they can increase their rewards through forgetting some facts, well more power to them too.

geologyking

@Rockdaddy22Before I sign up for any service I always try and find out about past pricing--hikes, or lowered fees etc..  How often and by how much these changes are gives you some insight into how the company functions. 

To note, it wasn't the increase itself that I found impactful, it was the amount of the increase and how out of line it was with previous plan prices.  If you went to buy a computer and found out that computer prices had risen 40 or 50% overnight, you'd probably take note.

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

As the saying goes: don't give up your day job to be a Public Mobile Oracle for the money.

Another post for @Luddite, cha-ching, cha-ching! 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

As the saying goes: don't give up your day job to be a Public Mobile Oracle for the money.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
I'll be quitting my job at this rate

Rockdaddy22
Prices aren't just higher in Ontario, they're higher anywhere there isn't a strong 4th player in the market.

@Rockdaddy22 posting in the community got me likegiphy-downsized.gif

Rockdaddy22
Maybe it was maybe it wasn't.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm sure the LTE bonus data is a response to all of our complaining. Likely some decisions were made at PM regarding our reactions to the incredible price jump.  

More competition would be great but in the mean time we all know the big 3 collude with each other to set the prices.  Why are prices higher in Ontario than other parts of Canada? Because they can get away with it.   

@EltonB You have no idea what this community is all about. Saving a few dollars is not everyone's best interest.

srlawren
@Rockdaddy22 cha-ching!

Rockdaddy22
I'll bravo that 🤑 I can hear the money rolling in every time I post 😉

srlawren
@EltonB I can assure you if you ever did the math to figure out the $ per hour even oracles get in rewards, you would see it's an absolute fool's errand. I'd estimate I'm in the neighbourhood of $0.25 an hour on average, give or take.

EltonB
@geology guy Dont even bother posting lol. I'm not sure if you know, but the more you post and get bravoed or give solutions or anything like that, gives them credits toward the bill. Also, they keep their hopes up for becoming an oracle of some sort, and maybe they get further bill discounts. Thats why you see alot of posts with irrelevant help or kissing arse of PM.
Although, I'm happy with PM and my plan and service, dont even bother posting or arguing coz its not worth it.

Rockdaddy22
Not quite how it went, but ok. I think most got my point. What difference does it make to a potential customer what prices were last week, or last month. Do you realize how often prices change in the cellular world? Didn't Koodo and the other 2 update their plans yesterday? Unless we have time machines, I fail to see how it helps the customer make an informed decision.

geologyking
All of it is important info but I was responding specifically to an oracle who wondered why customers would ever want to know previous pricing history. It goes without saying that the better informed the customer, the better it is for the customer.
Need Help? Let's chat.