Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geologyking wrote:

@Rockdaddy22  Why would customers not want to know about the companies to whom they give their business? 

I actually think it is more important that potential customers know that PM has a good history of grandfathering plans and that if you don't change your plan they wont increase it on your next renewal.  

And yes they did increase the price of legacy plans by $3, but they were at their original prices for a very long time, and it was an attempt to move away from the call center.

geologyking
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22  Why would customers not want to know about the companies to whom they give their business? 

mimmo

@Vickel wrote:

This is better but pricing is not worth having to deal with self serve and limited customer service.

I'd say look elsewhere.

I would always reccomend people shopping for plans to look elsewere, and then once they are properly informed they can make a desision of which plan/carrier  best suits them.  These new PM plans will  encourage some peope to switch and others not to.  in the end its a personal desision.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is better but pricing is not worth having to deal with self serve and limited customer service.

I'd say look elsewhere.

Michael77

Hi WearySky,

Makes sense. 

WearySky

@smp99 wrote:

Based on the previous 3g bonus data promo, the only requirement to get the bonus data is a 90 day cycle. You can mix and match any combo of talk/text options including having a data only plan.

So yes, Cda wide talk is available with bonus data.

Except the OP specifically states (in more than one spot) that it's for province-wide talk.  I'd just like confirmation from somebody officially one way or the other.  @Saray_O, any help here? 🙂

shawnie_boy

@TK wrote:

TOOOOO... expensive in QUEBEC

Ex:

Public Mobile           PROVINCE talk + text + 6 Gig,   $75

Koodo/Virgin/Fido    CANADA talk + text + 6 Gig,       $49

you can also get the koodo $49 in all provinces via port in method

smp99

Based on the previous 3g bonus data promo, the only requirement to get the bonus data is a 90 day cycle. You can mix and match any combo of talk/text options including having a data only plan.

So yes, Cda wide talk is available with bonus data.

WearySky

@denkom wrote:
Because once you know something cost much less until very recently it’s hard to justify paying more for the exact same thing....Or pay more for less as was the case until today’s promo was announced.

But if it's still cheaper than what you're currently paying, refusing to switch just because it *used* to be even cheaper is really, really dumb.

@Michael77 wrote:
I would bet that over 90% of the wireless customers prefer to talk to a person on the telephone. As soon as I tell someone that PM does not have a phone number to call, they tell me that they would rather stay with their current provider and pay more. This is the toughest sell. I would say this is the biggest reason why PM will not grow very big. There will be growth but not as big as PM would like. My personal opinion is that PM is missing out on the majority of the population.

I don't think PM is particularly interested in growing super fast and attracting the majority of the population.  They've already got Telus and Koodo for that.  As far as I can tell, PM is just an attempt for them to pick up some third tier customers with as little money outflow as possible (hence zero advertising, forums-only support, etc).

Michael77
It might be.

Going to be interesting to see if fido or virgin do something to fight this new promo. Because the 6gb per 30days (12+6 over 90 days) deal is attractive for new customers

Michael77
I would bet that over 90% of the wireless customers prefer to talk to a person on the telephone. As soon as I tell someone that PM does not have a phone number to call, they tell me that they would rather stay with their current provider and pay more. This is the toughest sell. I would say this is the biggest reason why PM will not grow very big. There will be growth but not as big as PM would like. My personal opinion is that PM is missing out on the majority of the population.

Michael77
Yes, Telus right now is probably your best bet.

Slinxci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am using plan, $120/90days, 6gb LTE plan. There is not a bonus, or "promo". You just pay $30for the 3gb bonus.

jeffster1970

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I believe this is the first time we're seeing 18gb of LTE data with PM. This is actually good news for people who want more data.

If what the landing page says, for people outside of MB, SK and QC, this plan if you get US/Canada wide works out to $85/month. That is cheaper than anyone else, if you're in that part of the ROC.

Of course, retention plans, government plans, will make other providers cheaper. I know with my work (government) I can get 6GB with Rogers for $73.50/month, with BYOD, 12GB for $91/month. 

Still, compared to what the offerings are outside Canada, where not doing great, at all. 

jeffster1970

@Michael77 wrote:
I also think the prices are still a bit too high for a mobile company that does not have a call centre.

With the right pricing and a combination of online and phone support there would be no stopping PM.

My experiences with call centres is that they are extremely overrated. I'm still with Rogers for some of their services, I haven't called them in about 2 years because of the 1) long wait times (time is money) and 2) the lies which results in having to call back.  

I much prefer social media, or in this case, a community, to work out issues. I had issues when I first signed up, luckily fixed within a few hours, but I really hate being on the phone. I HATE IT! With Rogers, I strickty stick to Twitter to communicate with them. I've only called Virgin once, (home internet) and that was ok, but not awesome. Freedom was actually pretty good for calling into, compared to Rogers or Virgin. My Fido wireless ($15 3GB tablet plan) I haven't had to call in or complain. 

Actually, speaking of Fido, trying to use my 3GB allowance right now. Their LTE is not as fast as PM, probably 1/5 the speed, if that. But fast enough. (around 20Mbps for Fido, and over 100Mbps for PM). 

Fido makes me think too that, at 3GB for $15MB, with a free tablet (valued at $240 over 24 months so $10/month at least) makes me think that real data costs are no more than $1.66 per GB. 

jeffster1970
That's amazing...I've gotten good retention deals before, but this blows the door off of anything I've ever heard of. One day..maybe this will be the norm for Canada.

BasesLoadedWalk

Yeah, I started to realize it is probably better to stay with Telus as I realized I would no longer get calling my girlfriend in Buffalo included, just to save $3. I'd probably end up paying more in the long run. I just was excited to give PM a shot and earn some loyalty discounts and such.

denkom
I think right now it doesn’t make sense to make the switch. Keep watching for any better promos if they decide to have them and then it may be worth your while.

Noosiekins

@jeffster1970 I have NO CLUE! He threaten to leave? LOL I've asked him to talk to retention on my behalf with Telus and he's always refused.... 

Noosiekins

@BasesLoadedWalk If I were you, I would stay with Telus.

BasesLoadedWalk

I'm liking the extra data being offered for LTE with the latest offer. Currently I'm with Telus and get Unlimited Canada/USA talk, text and data with 6 GB/month for $120 which I can use in Canada and/or the USA with no roaming fees. Every month I receive $32 off my device as a subsidy, so if you take that out of the equation, I'm basically getting my service for $88/month ($120 - $32). I'm now debating switching to PM and getting unlimited canada wide calling, and global text and the same 6 GB per month, but not sure it's worth it to save $3/month. I would also lose the USA roaming I currently have. I live in Fort Erie Ontario, so right accross the river from Buffalo NY (which is where my girlfriend lives also), so I do go there quite often and usually can pull in a Telus signal when I'm there, but if I go further south of Buffalo I end up on the AT&T tower a fair bit. What are some of your advice on if I should switch or not? I am prepared to pay off my device balance. 

denkom
Because once you know something cost much less until very recently it’s hard to justify paying more for the exact same thing....Or pay more for less as was the case until today’s promo was announced.

Rockdaddy22
@geologyking again if they don't have a time machine, I don't understand the point. Maybe you can fill me in on why new customers would care.

Rockdaddy22
I assume he's talking over 3 months.

jeffster1970

@Noosiekins wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I believe this is the first time we're seeing 18gb of LTE data with PM. This is actually good news for people who want more data.

My brother pays $40 somethng to Fido for 16gb of data... He got real lucky with whoever he was on the phone with in Retention a few years ago 

Really? How the heck did he get that? That is the most amazing wireless deal I've ever heard of in Canada. 

jeffster1970

@kav2001c wrote:

Ok so we are all agreed the apocalypse has been averted?

Or are you still wistfully remembering the last promo plan?

I'm sure they'll have more. 

In the meantime, I am really hoping...really, hoping that Shaw becomes the T-Mobile of Canada.  Hoping....

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am I was actively recommending that 2gb/$40.5 plan to friends and on the community.  but it is already double the data (500mg originally).   their typical 1gb/400 min plan is $54 , double it and you are at 2gb for $54/month.    

How can you be so sure that Zoomer will renew that same plan?  

We can compare the past all we like.  but we can't live there.  Yes prices went by 50%  why we will not be told ( i don't think it was a decision by PM).  I do agree PM is supposed to be a discount brand with low overhead which should then be refelcted in the prices, which i do not think they are.

People switch plans/get new ones  every day and that is what we have to compare  todays plans and the services/benifits that come with those plans.   not yesterdays and not what might be tomorrow.  When tomorrow comes then we can decide.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am I was actively recommending that 2gb/$40.5 plan to friends and on the community.  but it is already double the data (500mg originally).   their typical 1gb/400 min plan is $54 , double it and you are at 2gb for $54/month.    

We can compare the past all we like.  but we can't live there.  Yes prices went by 50%  why we will not be told ( i don't think it was a decision by PM).  I do agree PM is supposed to be a discount brand with low overhead which should then be refelcted in the prices, which i do not think they are.

People switch plans/get new ones  every day and that is what we have to compare  todays plans and the services/benifits that come with those plans.   not yesterdays and not what might be tomorrow.  When tomorrow comes then we can decide.

I follow Zoomer on the forums pretty closely.  They go the other way, after 6 months, there are loyalty offerings that reduce price/add usage.  I have not heard of anyone losing their plan after 2 years.  Remember, to get their promo you need to get a crap phone and 2 year contract.  Contracts are not a bad thing when you lock into a really good price. 

Fido is another company that seems to honor plan grandfathering quite well.  I know of friends who have completed their term, renewed with hardware on the same plan even when it is no longer offered.

BTW, personally, I am not trying to compare to the past.  That is not how I operate.  For everything I establish a price point and when that point is exceeded, then it is not a buy.  For Public Mobile, it is $40 maximum.  If the promo did not come along last year, I would continue to be a bitter Freedom customer at $25 per month for 5 gigs.  For other carriers with a little more "premium service", $50 is my limit.  Anything past $50 exceeds affordability, I don't care if it comes with movie tickets and other trinkets.  Usage has to be at least 3 gigs per month, ideally 4+ gigs.

mimmo

For existing members, this deal is not appealing that they would refer a friend or family members. But think about someone shopping at WOW mobile. They will compare plans from different carriers. You can go to their website and use their compare plans feature to layout all your options for whatever you want. You will notice that under Pre-paid, PM is dominating. There are so many listing for PM compare to other carriers.

WOW Mobile Rate Plan Comparison

Need Help? Let's chat.