cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Competitive Response: Limited Time Offer for Freedom Mobile Customers only

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update: We will be extending our Freedom competitive response promo to July 6th 11:59 pm EDT.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, Public Mobile will be offering Freedom mobile only customers, an offer due to their current LTE plan from now until July 6th (11:59 pm EDT).

• Unlimited Province-Wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB of data (4GB/month) on a 90-day plan for $120 (about $40/month).

All this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Check out more details below or click here to learn more.  For our current customers, this is an opportunity to give your friends true freedom while earning your first, second, or even fifth referral credit.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited time and will end effectively on July 6th 11:59 pm EDT
  • In order to get the plan, Freedom Mobile customers must activate on the specified plan and port-in their number upon activation during the promotional period.  
  • The end date communicated is the last day any new customer from Freedom mobile can port-in and activate on the promotional plan. The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the specified plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be prompted to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Plan Subtotal: $120
  • 6GB*data (+6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!)
  • Unlimited Global Text

3. Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 6GB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days within 72 hours.  Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service. More questions? Check out our FAQ by clicking on the spoiler button below.

Spoiler

Promo Plan Specific Questions

Question

Response

Q: How long will this plan be in market?

This plan will be in market until the communicated end date on the Community. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Q: The promo offered to Freedom port-in customers isn’t in the calculator, how do I get it?

If you’re a Freedom customer, activate your SIM on the 90 day, province-wide talk, global text, 6GB $120 plan and port-in your Freedom number UPON ACTIVATION. Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB. When the bonus 6GB are added, your plan will include a total of 12GB of data.

Q: If I activate on the 90 day, province-wide talk, global text, 6GB $120 plan and port-in my Freedom number upon activation, how will I know when I have received my bonus data?

Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB. When the bonus 6GB are added, your plan will include a total of 12GB of data.

Q: I’m a Public Mobile customer, am I eligible for the promotion?

We appreciate your loyalty, but unfortunately, this plan is available only to Freedom customers. Stay tuned for future promotional offers.

Q: If I register on the promo plan, how can I call out of province? Will I be charged for calling out of province?

You will be unable to call out of province on this promo plan and will, therefore, not be charged for calling out of province.  If you want to do so, you will need to purchase one of our Long Distance Add-ons.  It’s a great option for anyone who is looking to call anywhere in Canada.  To learn more about our Long Distance Add-Ons visit our plans page.  

Q: The promo has ended and I ordered my SIM card 3 days ago.  Even though it hasn’t arrived yet, can I still get the plan?

The end date is the last day to activate and get the promotional offer.  The promotion will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and not yet arrived or activated.

Q: I just ordered my SIM card but I don’t know if I’ll get it before the promo end date.  Will you still honour the promotional plan for me?

No.  We will not honour the promo for you.  As communicated, the promo end date is the last day to activate to get the promo.  The promo will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promo plan by the deadline.  

Q: Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.   

Public Mobile Community team

66 REPLIES 66

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Great conversations going on in this postRobot Happy

To make things a little easier and searchable we will be closing off this thread, so you can start a new topic if you have a question about this promo.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would tell all my friends on WIND but they've already moved to PM. LOL

Mana
Mayor / Maire

This is what @Jeremy_M really meant to say to Freedom when he made this annoucement.

the_gloves_are_off_by_lagunanojutsu-d3i7z3r.png

Joeyzhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wind give me 5G data ,but it is only show 3G on my ip6sp and very slow.

it used to cost $35 before tax, but recently they canceled the $5 promotion each month, so it cost same to Pm. And I had a hunch that 4G of pm will much faster than wind.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Joeyzhao wrote:

Order placed , waiting SIM card.

Hello from 1 year wind user.

Welcome (in advance) to Public Mobile.  Smiley Happy

Joeyzhao

Order placed , waiting SIM card.

Hello from 1 year wind user.

SD08

@shartomjam wrote:

This is a great offer but what about PM's current customers who are not on the fall promotion?  

@shartomjam

Agreed.  This is the first PM promo I've seen that wasn't available to current PM customers.  I hope that doesn't become the new pattern for future promos.

imm1304

Hey @Hmm,

You will have to buy sim card with the new FM account.  You will be able to verify instantly if its working or not.  What do you mean by not being able to verify?

Port the FM number to PM during activation.  This process of activation usually takes about 10 minutes.  Number porting takes between 20 minutes to 2 hours.  Most of the time port gets stuck due to incorrect info entered on the number port form.  Please double check everything before submitting.  

Once you have ported a number from FM to PM, you have met the conditions of this promo.  A 6GB data bonus will be added to your account within 72 hours.  You can verify this in selfserve.

After that, you don't have to wait to port number in from another carrier.  Forum mod Shazia clarified this a few pages back so you can be absolutely sure that it will work like this.  If anything goes wrong, you can send Shazia a private message and she or any one of the mods will sort things out asap.  

To summarize:

1. open a new account with Freedom and pick any random new number. 

2. activate new PM line and during activation, you will get an option to port your existing number.  Enter the Freedom mobile account and phone number and double check the info. 

3. Verify in selfserve that you have got the bonus 6GB of data which can take up to 72 hours.  

4. Port your other carrier number to PM from selfserve.. most of the time porting takes about half hour ... can take upto 2 hours.  If port doesnt complete within 2 hours, you can send the port request via a private message to the mods in this forum and they will sort it out.  

Feel free to ask any questions.  

Gucevo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Any way for a fairly new PM customer to take advantage of this offer and increase their data from 6gb/3mos. to 12gb/3mos. I understand that this is aimed at freedom mobile customers but a little love for the existing customers would be nice.

micki

i just signed up this plan yesterday,  but i am already pm  member....Woman Very Happy

nishufan

Good new for Freedom Mobile customers.

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@imm1304 wrote:

In light of super@Shazia_K's clarification, @Yawza I would recommend you to just pick a random number at Freedom mobile on cheapest plan ($25) and port it over to PM during activation.  Once your PM service is up and running, sign into selfserve and go to "Plans and Add-ons" > "Change Number" and port your Virgin number to PM.  

Be sure to verify that you have received the bonus 6GB data before you port in your Virgin number.  

Can anyone confirm this actually works? I am sure I am not the only one where we would assume the following:

1. I get a FM account
  2. port the (new) number/account to PM
  3.  wait how long again before the porting is complete?
  4. there is is no way to verify that the new virtual number works because you never actually bought a FM SIM? and
  5. take a huge risk in changing your FM # on PM that is from another carrier eg. Rogers/Fido/Telus and wiping out that FM number?

It seems the more things you have to do, the more likely things well get messed up?

JackL
Would be great if this is for all customers.

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BasesLoadedWalk

they also are going after freedom mobile customers since Shaw brought 700 and 2500 mhz license from videotron. For Bc,Alberta, i think Ontario too.

BasesLoadedWalk

They are only going after Freedom Mobile customers because going after all other customers would be targeting customers of the big 3 or their fully owned flanker brands. And we all know the big 3 are in fact really just a Giant "1", and all work together and have under the table non-compete agreements among them.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In my humble opinion, this should be open to PM customers that signed up BEFORE the start of this promotion, AND current Freedom customers...

Vickel
I don't think so
But it won't hurt to PM a mod to inquire

Vickel
Good plan
Been on it since the fall promo

Don't like the fact that it is targeted to only freedom mobile users

@shartomjam,

i do agree with you about this, but that was the practice until this promo.  I don't agree with the decision to limit the promo to Freedom current subscribers, but it is the choice the team at PM has made.

I wanted to join when the 90 day for $90 plan existed, and I missed out on that plan by a couple days, as the changed their plans to the current selection.  I got in before the FALL PROMO, and the rules at that time specifically said current members could future date a plan change to get the offer.  This hasn't happened this time.

I'm sorry this causes you grief, but the promo is AS STATED, and PM sets the rules.

@imm1304 Can you edit your post about 30 days limit? Or i will Smiley Tongue

clarkbrand
Perhaps this has been answered but I just switched over from freedom about 1 month ago, is there anyway to get this deal if we recently switched from freedom?

bigbadpandabear

@PM:  please kindly consider giving "freedom" to ALL! Smiley Happy

I am with the dog shop. Please help! 

imm1304

I agree with the sentiment @shartomjam.  This particular targeted promo is aimed specifically at the Freedom customers.

Lets wait and see.. there will be other promos too.  This may be a way for PM to control the volume of new activations so things don't go out of hand like the last promo in November 2016.  I am just speculating here.. hope this is the case.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It seems pretty ridiculous that in order for current PM customers to get the promo, they must leave PM and go to Freedom (at a cost) and then come back to PM in a few days.  Does this really make sense?  Maybe PM should rethink this new promo?? Many of PM's newer customers made the switch thinking that they would be eligible for any of the new promos offered (according to many posts in this community).  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@new-it-grad

As long as you port your Freedom number first then we haven't heard or seen anything 😛

hehe, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Yawza

You're welcome! 🙂 

You must port your phone number first in order for the extra 6GB to be applied! don't worry, it will be done within 72 hours of your port request. The promo will not be applied if your number has not been ported from Freedom. 

Thanks & I hope this reassures you. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Yawza

@Shazia_K wrote:

@imm1304

Good explanation! 🙂

However,  I would like to add that if a customer ports a phone number in the activation portal then he would be allowed to port another number that's considerate as a one-time phone number change per 30 days.

It's like when a customer picks a temporary phone number and then ports their number through the self-serve it works because there is a limit of one change per 30 days. 

I hope this makes sense? 

Shazia

Thank you Shazia,  the tricky part is do we have to wait for the promotion to be applied or we can port the dummy number from Freedom then port the one from Virgin. I am asking because my billing period is on the 17th of this month and would like to do all of it today

new-it-grad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a freedom number, but what if I wanted to port in my work number (from a different carrier) later on? Would it cause issues for the promo? 

imm1304

In light of super@Shazia_K's clarification, @Yawza I would recommend you to just pick a random number at Freedom mobile on cheapest plan ($25) and port it over to PM during activation.  Once your PM service is up and running, sign into selfserve and go to "Plans and Add-ons" > "Change Number" and port your Virgin number to PM.  

Be sure to verify that you have received the bonus 6GB data before you port in your Virgin number.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@imm1304

Good explanation! 🙂

However,  I would like to add that if a customer ports a phone number in the activation portal then he would be allowed to port another number that's considerate as a one-time phone number change per 30 days.

It's like when a customer picks a temporary phone number and then ports their number through the self-serve it works because there is a limit of one change per 30 days. 

I hope this makes sense? 

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.