cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

@srlawren wrote:

@Dave_M I like the fresh coat of paint and I'm extremely excited about the ticketting system (though, also trepidatious until I actually see it live).

However, why the removal of the plan builder?  Can you please provide more info on exactly what problems this was causing?  I'm sure that in recent history, the ready-made/promo plans have been very popular, but is there not still a non-trivial percentage of the userbase that currently has a pick-and-pay plan?  I think that for a lot of people, that's one of the great things about PM, so that they can pay for exactly the services they really need.  I'd love to hear more about what the challenges are and what the advantage is to removing the plan builder.  Are existing pick-and-pay customer plans grandfathered indefinitely?  If so, can you really gain any operational efficiencies while maintaining that backward compatibility?  Could we maybe get a developer's blog entry on this?  cc: @Alan_K 

Hi @srlawren , when we decided to remove the pick and pay calculator, we found that only 1% of new customers were making plans on the calculator. To further simplify the customer experience (retail customers were often confused by the plan calculator), and to reduce issues (we constantly had problems with the calculator that would be flagged by the Community), we decided it was time for it to go.

WIth that said, anyone with a plan calculator built plan will now be considered on a grandfathered plan - that is, your rate plan features are not changing due to the calculator removal, and if you were to change your plan to something else, you wouldn't be able to go back to a grandfathered plan.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pondball wrote:

@wetcoaster "I think you have just proven their point about the 90day plans here. On the $105 plan the 3GB were to be used over the full 90days, not 3*3GB every 30days. So the $35/1.5GB/30days IS a better deal."

aha... I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that the 3Gb was per month... I stand corrected

In the meantime I bit the bullet and signed up for the $25/1Gb plan... or so I thought... pressing the activation button got me a 404 - File not found page... nor can I log into the account I thought I was starting up as it doesn't recognize my email...

nice start to PM eh!

I have a message into a moderator now but this is not as smooth a start as I would have like.

Pretty common...lots of problems...don't let that surprise you moving forward...

Mayor / Maire

@Pondball wrote:

Oh Krapppp.

Have been researching PM and others for the past month and hadn't got a chance to sign up (been super busy with other things). I had finally narrowed it down to a Build Your Own for $105 giving me unlimited NW phone and INT texting... and included 3Gig of data on a 90 day plan.

So now I see that for $35 I can buy into a monthly plan only that gives me 1.5 Gig of data. I don't see this as an upgrade. Others have mentioned getting rid of the 90 day, build your own is no big deal, but halving the data is a big deal imo.

Not too happy here!

@Pondball  While waiting for the moderator try inserting the sim into your phone. Does it connect to the PM network? If yes, then it's possible that your sim was activated just click here to register your selfserve account.

If your sim does not connect check to see if your credit card was charged. If yes, then you have to wait for the moderators. If not, then clear your browser's cache. Make sure Javascript and Cookies are enabled within your browser's settings and best to launch your browser in privacy mode or incognito mode at least 1 hour after your previous activation attempt.

Keep us posted.

@David_J, another set of buttons to fix - as they are unreadable still (from the old system to the new).

Inside the dialogue box for posting a URL link in a forum response, the cancel and OK buttons are too dark to read the dark text.

cancel and ok irl dialog.PNG

Mayor / Maire

PM Snap Shot.PNG

@Dave_M , @Alan_K , @David_J  when I saw what PM has done in regards to these changes, I'm deeply shocked, as this screen-shot of what Plan Change looks like.

PM needs the 90 Days Options and I feel that these changes will decimate PM 

Also, I hope PM has NOT discarded the LTE 4G as I think that the 3G is laughable, and not something to be taken serious.

Cheaper is NOT always the Answer, and taking on Chatr and Lucky, feel PM can do a lot better than that.

Why not PM make the Plan I am on, the Can-Wide+US Talk+ Global Txt+ 6GB Data LTE for $165 for 90 Days

No need for a Calculator

My opinion, IF PM had a 2 Tier System, one that caters to those on a Budget, the other for those who can afford More, maybe that could be an answer

So,

PM 6 Cylinder = Lucky/ Chatr

PM HEMI = The big Toys

Just saying, I feel that PM might not survive these obtuse Changes

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM account and Community pages - have new look.

Just a few minutes ago I noticed that the PM account and Community pages have a totally new updated look. When did this happen?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic wrote:

@Pondball wrote:

Oh Krapppp.

Have been researching PM and others for the past month and hadn't got a chance to sign up (been super busy with other things). I had finally narrowed it down to a Build Your Own for $105 giving me unlimited NW phone and INT texting... and included 3Gig of data on a 90 day plan.

So now I see that for $35 I can buy into a monthly plan only that gives me 1.5 Gig of data. I don't see this as an upgrade. Others have mentioned getting rid of the 90 day, build your own is no big deal, but halving the data is a big deal imo.

Not too happy here!

@Pondball  While waiting for the moderator try inserting the sim into your phone. Does it connect to the PM network? If yes, then it's possible that your sim was activated just click here to register your selfserve account.

If your sim does not connect check to see if your credit card was charged. If yes, then you have to wait for the moderators. If not, then clear your browser's cache. Make sure Javascript and Cookies are enabled within your browser's settings and best to launch your browser in privacy mode or incognito mode at least 1 hour after your previous activation attempt.

Keep us posted.

Sim is in card but it returns a no signal at the top of the screen.

Nothing new has been posted to my Credit Card.

Mayor / Maire

Re: PM account and Community pages - have new look.

@Beer since the last time you looked lolSmiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@Pondball wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Pondball wrote:

Oh Krapppp.

Not too happy here!

Keep us posted.

Sim is in card but it returns a no signal at the top of the screen.

Nothing new has been posted to my Credit Card.

@Pondball  In that case try the activation again sometimes it requires more than one attempt to get the activation going. Hang in there it will work. Smiley Happy

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: PM account and Community pages - have new look.

Likely your browser cache was showing the older branding and the browser update and refreshed to show the newer branding.

The new look and feel was announced here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-changes-to-our-brand-and-custo...