cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

@KamWest wrote: I would be happy if I could just put my 4 lines under one login, having to login 4 times is absurd.

@KamWest @Dave_M @Alan_K I agree this would be wonderful!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KamWest wrote:

I would be happy if I could just put my 4 lines under one login, having to login 4 times is absurd.

Try 8 or 9. I had up to 12 at one point.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So no more plan builder and no more LTE (that isn't throttled to 3G speeds)? 

How long  will these effected plans be grandfathered? Shortly after I started with public mobile they were retiring plans from 1-2yrs previous... How will I find out when they are no longer going to be available? Am I going to have to log in here? or a banner on the self-serve page? Do I have a year? 2? Will these plans slowly become throttled? I know what speedtest is, live near a telus tower and am not afraid to use them! Smiley Wink lol! 

To be blunt, I won't be sticking around to wait for a phone with no connection. So how long do I have? 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile is owned by Telus. That answers most questions like that. They want you to leave PM and sign up with Telus.

Indeed, I understand they are one in the same, along with Koodo. That said, I won't go with Telus either at this point, Telus pre-paid plans are horrible and I have no interest in a contract.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Grandfathered Plans have an indefinite duration. They'll continue until they're Terminated (after 90 days of non-payment and Suspension), or the customer changes to some other Plan, or PM stops doing business. 

Many people still retain Plans and deals from years ago. 

Many people have switched to other Plans because of better value (mostly because Data allocations keep on increasing).  They chose to get more or pay less with some other Plan (which often itself became grandfathered the next time PM restructured their Plan offers).

As far as I'm aware, PM has only shutdown grandfathered Plans once or twice. The first was last year, with their ancient "Pioneer" Plans being replaced by "equivalent" Plans but losing access to their exclusive (but underused and unsustainable) Call Center. The second was last year's botched Koodo promo-migration deal(s) which forced customers to abandon their PM Plans - and caused a lot of unhappiness to those who came back to PM after (briefly) being enticed to join Koodo. My understanding is that even the oldest of legacy Plans (from before 2013) are still maintained for customers who stubbornly refused to abandon or relinquish them.  PM's promises are just promises but PM's track record is actually not too bad overall. 

My logic is that even if I lose a grandfathered Plan to some sort of random PM/Telus treachery later on, I'll still  get to enjoy my good deal from PM for at least a few years. Nothing lasts forever so why worry too much about when it's going to end. 

Annotation 2019-09-15 181351.png

Why? for exactly reasons like this. PM is so buggy I don't even know where to start. I was willing to look past that when I could get the speed I wanted with the data I wanted for a much better price than the other companies and be able to build a plan as I need/want it. Now that I can't do any of that, I will end up wondering if I'll have service tomorrow, or in 30 days, or 60 days... Or will my plan actually expire one day before it should, like the overview page says. That snip was from 6:13pm MST. Long before the cut off. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, I have a bad feeling about them too!