cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

Note: Please clear your cache to optimize your experience on our portals.

Hey Community,

We’ve got some exciting news to share with you!

As you may have noticed already (sorry – hard to hide this one Smiley Happy) we’ve updated our look! From a new logo, new colours, to fresh, fun illustrations- we got a makeover. Why? Because, we’ve been on a journey since 2015, and we’ve learned a LOT along the way. Our recent research, suggested our brand identity didn’t accurately reflect our mission: Public Mobile is the wireless company with you in mind. We didn’t name ourselves Public Mobile by accident after all. Everything we do – from offering the most affordable phone plans in Canada on the largest network, to rewards that save you even more, to this online community run by passionate customers is with you in mind.

And so, this new design truly embodies the personal, unique, simple and community first approach that Public Mobile stands for.  We hope you like the changes as much as we do. But that’s not all, beyond the makeover, we’ve also been hard at work working on some new initiatives that we think you’ll be pretty stoked for and are a long time in the making:

1.     New ticketing resolution process – yes you read that right, it’s coming! More details to come this week (as this in itself warrants its own full Community post) but essentially, this process will make it faster + easier to track, manage, and resolve issues when submitting a ticket to our online Moderator team.

1.   System improvements  - over the coming weeks, we’re excited to bring through a variety of system improvements. First up is an improvement to our latency and reliability of our web portals, meaning faster loading speeds in Self-Serve and fewer occasions of activation issues related to timing out. We’re also doing some fat trimming and are saying goodbye to our build your own plan calculator. While we love the flexibility of our plan calculator, the tradeoff is the ability to reduce pressure on our systems, help the general upkeep of our portals, and simplify the plan purchasing experience for customers. We know some plans can only be accessed via the plan calculator today, we plan (pun intended Smiley Wink) to bring some of those options  back in the near future! Lastly, as you're likely aware, we transitioned to refer-a-friend codes a few weeks ago to better protect your privacy and make referring easy Smiley Happy

We can’t wait to hear what you think about all this goodness and are thrilled to deliver initiatives like #1 and #2 to simplify and improve the customer experience. We know we have more to tackle and are absolutely committed to continuing to make wireless simple, uncomplicated and accessible to all Canadians. Why? Because you’re the public, we’re for you.

Sincerely,

Dave

Mayor / Maire

Re: Exciting changes to our brand and customer experience

@Dave_M   Still digesting the changes, kinda of like it and kinda not, but I don't hate itSmiley Happy

Happy to hear about improvements in the online ticketing are on the way and hopefully that will facilitate better response time for the users.

But when do we get the quote button back?

Update: Thanks @Dave_M  reply button is back at least!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really like the idea of an online ticketing system. It would save so much headache and make the process a lot more streamlined.

Mayor / Maire

Looking forward for the faster self-serve portal...

On the mobile site:

No way to reply to a specific post? No way to quote? Solution button missing?

Guys, what have you done?

(this was fixed shortly after)

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 

I see it isn't just me. Please say these are just temporary regressions...

@savvy wrote:

@computergeek541 

I see it isn't just me. Please say these are just temporary regressions...

Upon further examination, they are there but only in desktop view. The mobile site is missing reply, quote, and solution buttons.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hyperlinks in posts should be darker.  The ‘orange’ is see is very light, and not very different in contrat from the background (what colour is the the background?

Im still going to advocate for accessibility around here, contrast is better for those with vision issues, as the harder to read something, the harder to fully understand quickly what is be read.

Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M I like the fresh coat of paint and I'm extremely excited about the ticketting system (though, also trepidatious until I actually see it live).

However, why the removal of the plan builder?  Can you please provide more info on exactly what problems this was causing?  I'm sure that in recent history, the ready-made/promo plans have been very popular, but is there not still a non-trivial percentage of the userbase that currently has a pick-and-pay plan?  I think that for a lot of people, that's one of the great things about PM, so that they can pay for exactly the services they really need.  I'd love to hear more about what the challenges are and what the advantage is to removing the plan builder.  Are existing pick-and-pay customer plans grandfathered indefinitely?  If so, can you really gain any operational efficiencies while maintaining that backward compatibility?  Could we maybe get a developer's blog entry on this?  cc: @Alan_K 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.