cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Email Notification for Suspend Status

Just keep in mind that moderators cannot re-activate an account that has been inactive for more than 90 days, as the account will automatically be closed permanently.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lauremartie 

You may want to purchase a voucher and use that to pay for your plan and reactivate your account. It may take a couple of days to get your credit card out of this verification quagmire that's been happening lately. Vouchers can be purchased at London drugs (out west), SDM, Shell stations, Mobil stations,TMS at RCSS etc....these retailers have instant top ups or vouchers that can be loaded onto your account immediately thru self serve or 611. Ask at other retailers as some vouchers can take up to 24 hrs to become valid. See the voucher catalogue for reference....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

But do customers get notifications BEFORE the account is suspended?  And do customers also get notifications WHEN the account is suspended that actually say the service is suspended?  Because, by itself, that makes no sense to wait 3 days.  If it's in addition to other existing notifications, then it makes sense.

I say this because my service was suspended after a single auto payment attempt failed, & then I received a text that the payment failed but it didn't mention that I had also lost service, which I had no idea about until a member of the community asked after I posted about it.  The reason was not my fault (I had funds available, nothing like payment info had changed) & it was not clear to me if it was PM's fault or my financial institution's fault.  The moderators resolved the issue, thankfully.  I had to pay with a different method temporarily - that worked.

What PM was at fault for was having a system set up so poorly that if something went wrong with the payment no matter whose fault it is, the customer lost service & didn't know it.  I asked the moderators to forward my complaint about that to management & they said they did.  Now hopefully PM is working to fix this gaping hole.  A notification 3 days after suspending service certainly doesn't fix this problem by itself.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

You certainly know now but the text message telling you your payment method failed is your notice. It's presumptive that with a prepaid service if your payment fails do does your service.