cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

@dna2016 wrote:

Shutting down the call centre eh, does that mean more savings for PM, which in turn means more hiring of MODS?  If not then does some of those savings get passed on to us the consumers (i.e. larger community rewards, more promo deals).  I'm going to assume not, but I guess we'll see what happens.

We can only hope, but discussions that they hold and the reasonings behimd their exact decisions probably aren't going to be public knowledge.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

they need more mod to operate in a quicker fashion.  

How is the ticket system btw.  

Mayor / Maire

Online chat is way better than phone !

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Online chat would be better, but the thing is that they are using private messages (can be treated as a ticket basically) and they don’t respond real time because there’s only a small team managing this, unlike the huge expensive call centres.

At least the legacy customers will soon move into inmarket plans that are better since there’s no more call centres to use.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's supposedly "huge expensive call centres." They would like you to believe that, but in reality, it's not that much because they pay their workers 30 dollars a day in Guatemala City for Telus and same with Koodo in neighboring El Salvador. In fact it's just outside Salvador City. I have friends working at both centres and travelled before. The sad part is, these call centers pay a little more than regular jobs there due to needing english profiency. I guess if Telus slapped a large call center in one of the large cities in Canada with Canadian workers, I would start considering that as huge and expensive. haha. 

pY
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

time to modernize people!

Prove it @Lag333.  I’m betting call centres are in Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Modernize??   What stop being able to talk to real people and get real answers instead of the robot answers of that they dint understand the question?!  Haha

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Legacy customers their most loyal customers they will take away from.

But they give concerts, cookie dough, ice cream and commercials to potential new customers. Giving these things to those in their most infostructure developed markets. Yet we still are getting mixed message about the whole less for less thing.

To grow they have to get new customers while retaining the ones they have. Have to try to view what customers truely value. Advertising might bring in new customers but is not truely valued by customers overall and will not retain them for the long run.

They could just merge call centers between Kodo, Telus and Public Mobile and have only slightly higher training costs.

Oracle

@danielj the thing is PM is going away from call centers completely, and have for a long time. This is their goal. Maintaining any portion of  a call center is a cost they no longer want to have.

Legasy customers were given 2 opportunities to switch. I believe their current plans cost more than regular plans  and they are not eligible for rewards.  If they switch voluntarily they will maximize their loyalty rewards, and have access to cheaper plans.