cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

Hey Community,

We have some important information to share with our Legacy/Pioneer customers. As a reminder, Legacy/Pioneer customers are those who continue to have access to the call centre and are on one of the five plans listed below.

• $25 Province-Wide Talk
  • $33 Canada-Wide Talk + Text
  • $45 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data
  • $65 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data

On March 17, 2019 the call centre that Legacy Public Mobile customers have access to will be removed. Why you ask? Well, as many of you know, Public Mobile has been on a journey to provide online-first support. Removing our Legacy call centre is one more step in that journey. We want to reassure you that this doesn’t mean we’re shutting down; we’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service.

More importantly, we have options for you because we know that change is always better when we can decide how it affects us. To learn more and make an informed decision, please visit publicmobile.ca/serviceupdate.

If you have any questions, please let us know! We appreciate your continued support as we continue to grow and evolve.

-The Public Mobile Team

Oracle

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

Good morning @Alan_K, your announcement is a little late lol many found out through the self serve and I awoke to an few private messages on the matter lol  I am sure there will be more throughout the day

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Re: Effective March 17, Legacy customer will no longer be able to use the call centre

Most important is to get this message out to pioneers. It does not affect any of us on current plans. In the end, it's good for them to get on the current plans because it will be cheaper with loyalty rewards. if call support is very important, move to Koodo. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Oracle

As a non legacy customer, I suppose a warm welcome to the community forum for the legacy customers is warranted.  The lack of a call center is not such a big deal.  The community members here are very helpful.  The moderator team is great.  You will be well looked after. 

Mayor / Maire

I dunno... many Legacy clients HAVE been paying MORE simply for the access to call centre

I am guessing many of them are not currently registered online here and do not use self serve

Probably very few remaining at this point

Mayor / Maire

@NDesai

Koodo has already killed off call centre support in favour of a virtual assistant

As well most of the legacy plans would cost more on Koodo (unless another migration is offered, but they have resisted all changes so far so not likely)

@NDesai wrote:

Most important is to get this message out to pioneers. It does not affect any of us on current plans. In the end, it's good for them to get on the current plans because it will be cheaper with loyalty rewards. if call support is very important, move to Koodo. 

Oracle

@kav2001c wrote:

@NDesai

Koodo has already killed off call centre support in favour of a virtual assistant

As well most of the legacy plans would cost more on Koodo (unless another migration is offered, but they have resisted all changes so far so not likely) 

"With Koodo Assist, you don’t have to worry about waiting on hold. Koodo Assist saves you time and answers your questions right on your phone. And if more information is required, Koodo Assist will schedule a call-back with a rep at a time that works best for you. "

If legacy customers want to move to Koodo, they will be on postpaid plans and so they will have access to call center. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K while this is surely unhappy news for the remaining Pioneers, I do want to say that from a look at the link in your announcement (/serviceupdate) and the pages it further links to, that your team has done a pretty good job of communicating the options available, steps to take, and so forth.  I hope the folks affected will take the time to digest this information and come to a decision that works well for them. 

The only negative to this communication is the timing, as noted ( by @ShawnC13 ) this information was available in self-serve before posted here.  In the future, it would be great if these types of changes could be better coordinated so that all pieces of the communication are made available as closely to "at the same time" as possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It doesn't matter to me I am not a pioneer but there were resources that went into this and no more call centre = savings for public mobile. "We’re growing and we have exciting plans for our future that continue to reward Canadians who want to take back control of their wireless service. "

Can you share these exciting plans? While doing research I read about plans for improvement all over the forum going back years but still see almost all of the same complaints, issues and bugs today. Where does this capital go? Will there be more community moderators for faster response time? Cheaper plans? Bonus data? SMS add-ons? 30 Day US roaming packages? Are you hiring a project manager? Will Simon actually have abilities? More focus on development or a real ticket system, bug fixes, more user self-serve access, maybe even a reopening of the public lab?

I know it must seem overwhelming but as a customer I would feel better knowing that someone somewhere is actually taking things seriously and has a plan in motion because there is a habit of no follow through or at least a lack of communication at where things stand but we are still working on X. Not sure how to put this nicely but is there actually any good news for the customers?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Waouh!!!! @Jessica_T you have exposed every question I have!!! I'm a curious personSmiley Wink..Thanks