cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

I'm on the $120/90days with Province-wide Calling and 12 Gigs of LTE plan right now, which isn't listed under the Pioneer plans in your chart, but i did receive a sms today about rates going up. So does it still affect me? Will the price go up by $10/30 days? 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Effective February 15th, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

@Litvinau_Awrote:

I'm on the $120/90days with Province-wide Calling and 12 Gigs of LTE plan right now, which isn't listed under the Pioneer plans in your chart, but i did receive a sms today about rates going up. So does it still affect me? Will the price go up by $10/30 days? 

If you're not one one of the Legacy/Pioneer plans (described in this thread's first post) then you're not going to be affected by this.

If you have any other plan (or pricing) that is no longer being offered then it's "grandfathered" and remains unchanged.  At least for a while - my plan was grandfathered almost two years, I still have the same duration/talk/text/data/bundle options as when I signed on.  If you ever wish to change your plan then you can only choose whatever options and pricing are currently offered and will lose your grandfathered plan - you can't restructure or choose from options which are discontinued.

I don't think it's ever happened yet, but if/when PM decides to discontinue grandfathered plans then I expect they'll let them finish their billing cycles and announce the impending changes at least a few months in advance, like they've done here with the Legacy/Pioneer folks.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on the 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120.

If a mod from PM wants to get in touch with me to resolve this obvious price gouging and false advertising please do so.  If not a complaint to the CCTS is already in progress.

And yes it is FALSE ADVERTISING...

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe this is an unfiar move for legacy customers as with the promotion of my plan 120$ for 12 gig plan back in late 2016. 

It states in your public forum "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises." You have falsified you advertising that I would be able to keep my plan as i signed on to. I do not not wish to move over to Koodo, and I do not agree to this price change. You have not given customers significant amount of time to make changes to their plan, nor move to a better offer. 
The reason I came to PM in the first place was reasonable prices and online support in lieu of a store presence. If koodo is offering the same offer with in-store support, why are you raising your pricesCapture2.JPG

I encourage everyone who is outraged by this blatent false advertising to file a complaint with CCTS. It's easy and will take less than 15 minutes.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i will file a complaint for sure!

This price increase is unacceptable. We were told that "as long as we are an active customer" our rates would not change, "no surprises". This is why I signed up for Public Mobile.

The proposed Koodo solution is unacceptable. I will not purchase a cell phone on Tab for the $100 credit. "UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE" is NOT the same as unlimited evenings and weekends. I refuse to sacrifice a month of my pre-paid balance to move to a plan that costs more for less service than I have now. This is deceptive and I have filed a complaint with CRTC and will not withdraw it unless Public Mobile keeps us at our promised rate.

Update: I have called the Koodo call centre myself to double check the information I saw on RedFlagDeals. The rep assured me that the minutes on the Koodo plan are anytime minutes, and that the $100 bill credit does not require a tab. He says it may take a few months to apply. We do need to pay $15 for a SIM card, though.

Mayor / Maire

@mwhall I'm not sure where you're getting your info from but you're not required to buy a phone, on tab or otherwise, and I don't believe the talk portion is only unlimited on evenings and weekends, it's all the time. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dear Public Mobile,

This is a formal attempt to resolve a complaint with regard to the $10/month price increase, as was sent to me via a text from "5133" on February 15, 2018. 

When I signed up for Public Mobile service, my primary motivator was the clause in the fine print that stated that I will be able to retain "$120 / 3-months" rate indefinitely with "no surprises". Public Mobile was a relatively new company, and I took a risk by being a pioneer with this plan. 

This price increase is inconsistent and not what was promised when the advertisement indicated the following "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". 

Please contact me directly via Phone or Email to resolve this issue. Please be advised I will attempt to pursue resolution of this complaint via the CCTS and the Better Business Bureau shortly if I do not hear back within 24 hours.

Thank you.

Hi, I was promised this deal would not change as long as my account was active