cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Effective April 1, changes are happening to Legacy/ Pioneer rate plans

@Shutdown there must be some provision in law that prevents this. Lots of carriers do price creep all the time. But no carrier has ever just removed a service.

Even when the carrier has been informed the service was illegal.

Call centre cost is totally different even if every client switches to Koodo.

There are far more Koodo subs than Public subs so the call centre does not suddenly get alot more calls.

Plus remember that Koodo CHARGES clients every call they make to call centre.

Public is free.

In that scenario if you are someone who makes 1 call per month to call centre it is actually CHEAPER to stay on Public.

Mayor / Maire

@imm1304 I personally would migrate to Koodo or change plan but there are a few bad reasons not to switch

1- Koodo charges for call. If you go to Koodo you do get call centre support, BUT they bill you (depending on nature of call, usually between $2 to $5 each time you call in).  So if you frequently call, the Public +$3 fee is moot

2- Koodo is POSTPAID. This means:

2A- Client must be capable of passing credit check (not to be mean but trust me lots of clients can not; I worked for a cellco in the past and was quite surprised at how many people can not qualify even on BYOD plans)

2B- As plans are postpaid you now get OVERAGES and suprise charges (such as ROAMING costs if near border, or even LONG DISTANCE charges for thos in Ottawa area who get picked up on a Quebec cell tower)

3- Inertia (many people simply do not like change)

4- Light users have huge benefit from one time payment for long distance / data add ons. As these never expire, it is quite possible for someone to pay once then have access for year. On Koodo you either get billed monthly or pay much higher pay per use rates.

@CuriousRandUser not much in way of negative but see above

@Siméon brought up a good point that add-ons never expire

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@canucks4life Yes

@canucks4life wrote:

Kind of off topic but does anyone know if Intl/overseas roaming works on Koodo?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C question regarding this change

There are other posters (on the blue message board) all saying they had no idea about price changes

How is Public communicating this increase to members not on our community?

I would assume they still require 30 days notice right?

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here's what I've found

Grandfathered Plans HAVE The following:

*611/1-855-4Public Call Centre Assistance

Guaranteed *Exclusive Price

Global Text

& The Community, Email away and private messaging a PM Moderator Team Rep

LINK:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Grandfathered-vs-New-Plans/td-p/11359

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I want to activate my account that is suspended but before I do that I want to change the Canada-US talk to Canada wide instead and keep the rest as it is. 

Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@swz5005 wrote:

Some how I see some people are going to be un-happy, but it make sense as company need to adjust rate due to inflation and other stuff....

^^ What he said...

@swz5005 agreed.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunatly you don't seem to be able to comprehend the severety of the issue. I'm pretty sure if public mobile told us that they would be stopping phone service i dont think a lot of people would mind. The problem is we are being bullied into forfeiting our rights. Once we decide to go with koodo, we're going to be presented with 2 choices

1- Keep our plans with the current rates with BYOD. In this situation, Koodo will be able to, with a 30 day notice, change our plans and prices or remove ours plans completely and kick us out.

2- Bind us with a contract in order to protect our plans and by doing so adding an additionnal fee (15-18$ a month) for a phone and now accepting new terms and conditions in which we agree to the annual price hikes.

So please tell me if you were in our position, wouldn't you be worried?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I"m very disappointed about this service.
My sister closed this account (telephone 4x8xxxxxxxx5) in November 2016 and the reimbursement for her $59.00 was never ...made in her account. Now the account visa is closed and today we spoke with Mr. Rafael (employee number 14xxx) and says that HIS SUPERVISOR says the only way to get the amount is ONLY in the credit card that is closed.
The SUPERVISOR DIDN'T WANT TO SPEAK WITH US, says it's politic no speak with customers..... IS IT A JOKE?
The employee that received the information in November did not do his job properly and they have to find another solution for us.
We now emphatically demand a check by mail to my sister as soon as possible.
I'm very disappointed with this company.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@humonculi... sorry mate, didn't mean to cause grief. I come from the Rogers world which makes what you are describing and what I have experenced here... well, kinda like heaven.

I hope you are able to find a solution that meets your needs....

Peace!