cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: EXPIRING SOON: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

@More_Chaos oh okay sorry it's a bit unclear.

If there is no promo option currently available, the plan difference between prov-wide talk and canada-wide talk is $15/90 days, with all other options (text, data chosen) remaining equal.  

However, when PM offer up a promo plan, it is always for a *specific* talk option (thus far, always province-wide talk), a *specific* text option (so far always global texting), and a *specific* data amount (so far either none or 12GB/90).  The particular plan they offer up at that time includes a greater discount than the same plan would include without the promo.  There is NO substitutions on any of the talk/text/data options.  If you want to choose something different, say Canada-wide talk instead of the prov-wide included in the promo, you lose the entire additional discount that the promo provides.  So what this means is that if you have promo plan prov-wide+global+12gb and compare that to non-promo canada-wide+global+12, the price difference is the $15 PLUS whatever the promo discount amount is.  

So for a practical example, let's say you joined PM during the recent FM->PM promo plan, or last fall's promo plan.  In those cases, you would currently be paying $120 (- any rewards, + tax) for your 90 day, prov-wide, global text, 12gb plan.  Today, if you wanted to switch to the 90 day, canada-wide, global, 12gb LTE data plan, the cost is $240 (- any rewards, + tax).  Meaning, instead of costing you $15 more, it would cost you $120 more over 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren

Ah! I get it now! You mean if the promo were applied across the board (for nation-wide vs province-wide talk, or whichever item we wished to be comparing), then the promo would be an extra bonus. Thanks for clarifying!

Mayor / Maire

@More_Chaos yes--although my main point in the context of the recent discussions here was that the value of the add-ons really depends.  If you're on a regular non-promo plan and it only costs you $15/90 to upgrade to Canada wide, your "break even" point on that move is about one $15 add-on (400 minutes) over 90 days.  If you need more than approx 133 mins a month, then you'd be better off to upgrade your plan.  However, if you're on a promo plan, that break even point in terms of spendature is a lot different.  In the case of the fairly extreme example I gave, the differential on the plan change would be $120/90 days, which would be enough to buy you EIGHT $15 400-min add-ons.  In this example, you would need to need, on average, more then (8 * 400) / 3 or approximately 1,066 mins of long distance per month in order to make the plan change worth the $.  

Like the answer to just about every question in life if you really think about it, the answer here is: "it depends".  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren

"It depends" is what I would like to answer on many survey questions (along with "not applicable"), then give me a comment box LOL.