cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

I think they might have been referring to the loyalty reward but not certain 🙂
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

brobinson5662 explained how to switch from your current plan to the promo plan after your billing cycle end. I was not clear on that until he explained it.

Highlighted

@justmag Glad I could help!

Highlighted

Re: NEW: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan for a limited time only!

@SD08 wrote:

@More_Chaos wrote:
@SD08, @kav2001c

Thanks for the tips guys... hope I'm doing it right... not sure how to do the embedded quote.

@More_Chaos

Looks like you got the tagging right.

As for the embedded quote, like I did with your post here, you would first of all use the 'Reply' button (not 'Quick Reply' as this doesn't give you the option to quote someone).  Then you would simply hit the big black 'Quote' button before typing anything else.  A copy of the other person's post would appear just like yours did here.  When you type your reply, make sure your text appears outside the grey vertical bar on the left side that indicates the quoted text.

@SD08

Thanks! Got it 🙂 Sorry, I'm really bad with keeping up with forums, especially since I don't like following them on a browser on my phone (how's that app going, PM?)... I'm rarely on my laptop now that my phone is so versatile...

Highlighted

Re: EXPIRING SOON: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
It's definitely a worthy promo just not as much as last time lol. I'm still waiting for a promo with national calling, that'll bring in people that wouldn't consider PM otherwise.

@Rockdaddy22

But how often are you actually making nation wide calling? If not that often, I find the long distance add-on is a good deal since you're not paying every month for it, and it lasts as long as you have minutes left on the add-on. I got the 400 international minutes (includes nation wide and US), and I've only used 2 minutes since January of this year. If you're travelling out of province and make local calls in that area, they're local minutes. If you want to call home when travelling out of province, how long do you realistically plan on talking on the phone?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@More_Chaos yes, that's the advice we hand out when asked on the community, too.  Some people do have a legitimate need for more Canada-wide minutes than would be practical to accomodate with the add-ons.  And there is a segment of the market that just wants the peace of mind of just having the calls available without having to worry about how many minutes credit they have left.  Simplicity can be valuable.  

Much like @Rockdaddy22, I think a PM promo including Canada-wide talk would be VERY popular.  Even though I probably don't need it myself, I do understand the appeal.

EDIT: I should add:  when comparing Canada-wide vs. Province-wide on non-promo plans, the difference is $5/30 days or $15/90.  So, if you typically need 400 mins or less of long distance every 90 days, the add-ons are advantageous.  But if you typically need more, it would be more economical to be in the plan.  However, the prom plans to date have all only included province-wide talk, making the price differential very high.  I do think if there was a promo that was $15/90 more than the province-wide promos we've seen, it would be popular.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@srlawren

I agree with the simplicity comment.

I'm confused about the last comment about $15/90 province-wide promo, isn't that the same? Am I misreading something?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@More_Chaos he was calculating the difference in cost per month vs cost per long distance minutes

In other words for most people (like myself) it is cheaper to buy the long distance add on and use it for the minutes when you need it (we just prefer to have Canada wide or US wide unlimited for peace of mind, it actually costs far more long term)

Highlighted

@kav2001c@srlawren

Nono, I got that first bit, it was the last bit about if there was a $15/90 promo that confused me, because the numbers didn't actually change...why would people go for such a "promo" is my question.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@More_Chaos wrote:

@kav2001c@srlawren

Nono, I got that first bit, it was the last bit about if there was a $15/90 promo that confused me, because the numbers didn't actually change...why would people go for such a "promo" is my question.

The base cost of the plan should be cheaper for 90 days vs 30 days... But the cost difference for adding national calling vs provincial calling is the same per 30 days, no matter whether you choose a 90 day or 30 day plan.