cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: EXPIRING SOON: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

@More_Chaos wrote:

@kav2001c@srlawren

Nono, I got that first bit, it was the last bit about if there was a $15/90 promo that confused me, because the numbers didn't actually change...why would people go for such a "promo" is my question.

The base cost of the plan should be cheaper for 90 days vs 30 days... But the cost difference for adding national calling vs provincial calling is the same per 30 days, no matter whether you choose a 90 day or 30 day plan.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@More_Chaos oh okay sorry it's a bit unclear.

If there is no promo option currently available, the plan difference between prov-wide talk and canada-wide talk is $15/90 days, with all other options (text, data chosen) remaining equal.  

However, when PM offer up a promo plan, it is always for a *specific* talk option (thus far, always province-wide talk), a *specific* text option (so far always global texting), and a *specific* data amount (so far either none or 12GB/90).  The particular plan they offer up at that time includes a greater discount than the same plan would include without the promo.  There is NO substitutions on any of the talk/text/data options.  If you want to choose something different, say Canada-wide talk instead of the prov-wide included in the promo, you lose the entire additional discount that the promo provides.  So what this means is that if you have promo plan prov-wide+global+12gb and compare that to non-promo canada-wide+global+12, the price difference is the $15 PLUS whatever the promo discount amount is.  

So for a practical example, let's say you joined PM during the recent FM->PM promo plan, or last fall's promo plan.  In those cases, you would currently be paying $120 (- any rewards, + tax) for your 90 day, prov-wide, global text, 12gb plan.  Today, if you wanted to switch to the 90 day, canada-wide, global, 12gb LTE data plan, the cost is $240 (- any rewards, + tax).  Meaning, instead of costing you $15 more, it would cost you $120 more over 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren

Ah! I get it now! You mean if the promo were applied across the board (for nation-wide vs province-wide talk, or whichever item we wished to be comparing), then the promo would be an extra bonus. Thanks for clarifying!

Highlighted

@More_Chaos yes--although my main point in the context of the recent discussions here was that the value of the add-ons really depends.  If you're on a regular non-promo plan and it only costs you $15/90 to upgrade to Canada wide, your "break even" point on that move is about one $15 add-on (400 minutes) over 90 days.  If you need more than approx 133 mins a month, then you'd be better off to upgrade your plan.  However, if you're on a promo plan, that break even point in terms of spendature is a lot different.  In the case of the fairly extreme example I gave, the differential on the plan change would be $120/90 days, which would be enough to buy you EIGHT $15 400-min add-ons.  In this example, you would need to need, on average, more then (8 * 400) / 3 or approximately 1,066 mins of long distance per month in order to make the plan change worth the $.  

Like the answer to just about every question in life if you really think about it, the answer here is: "it depends".  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren

"It depends" is what I would like to answer on many survey questions (along with "not applicable"), then give me a comment box LOL.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to upgrade to this plan but it doesmt seems to work need help.
Highlighted

Are you currently with Public Mobile?
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I started last week ,i took the pick and pay but realised I didnt have text so Ivfiguref U might upgrade and get this plan or add on the gloval texting. I TRIED the plan upgrade but it hasnt gone through.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Cocodale post it in a topic in the community because if you hust post it here, not a lot of people will read it.

Highlighted

@Cocodale I'd definitely send a mod a private message about this. Do you have enough money in your account currently for the new plan?
Need Help? Let's chat.