cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@More_Chaos

Just a tip...if you're going to reply to many different people in a long thread, especially if your reply is not immediately following the post you're replying to, it's a good idea to either tag the person you're replying to, just like I did with your username here, or hit the quote button so it'll include a copy of the other user's post.  That way, people don't have to go searching for, or wonder which person you're answering.

More_Chaos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I feel like you haven't bothered to read the thread...

More_Chaos

This is a question a little out from the left field, but does calling *611 work with PM?

More_Chaos

Yeah, I vaguely remember those days...I think I was still a Univeristy student with a crappy phone that had no business using data...not to mention the lack of funds...if only we could all see the future! Then we wouldn't be arguing so much on this thread about the old $40 promo (which I missed out on as well because I joined PM in January; that being said, this $55 plan is still better than my old corporate plan with Telus of 3Gb for $50/month [but I had to add-on something basic for $5/month, an not monthly discounts, so I might have gone for this plan...but I'm happy with my $120/3mos with 6Gb plan right now]).!

More_Chaos

I don't know about you, but on my old plan with Telus, I had 200 Canada-wide LD minutes every month (just part of my plan, I didn't pay extra for it), but I rarely ever used it (I was always so happy when I got to use those minutes LOL). So while having nation-wide minutes would be nice, I find having the province-wide minutes + buying one of the LD minutes add-ons with PM is enough for me because you only need to buy more when you run out (and I haven't even used 1 minute of my add-on since joining in January). Do note that I don't actually use my phone much as a phone...mostly to make appointments and such (so mostly local stuff).

More_Chaos

Don't forget the discounted phone is locked to the company though...

After my travels over the past few years, I'm really making a conscious effort to boycott locked phones since I cannot use prepaid SIMs from other countries (that are A LOT cheaper than any roaming packages from Canada; even cheaper than my old monthly plans with more minutes/data).

More_Chaos

Then shouldn't you be monitoring your apps more closely, rather than your data consumption? The best way to fix a problem is find the root cause after all...monitoring data consumption in this scenario is like sticking a finger in the hole of leaky boat.

kbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No I didn't not try.

@kbs, Pretty sure that was a glitch showing early on for the promo and was fixed quickly.  Are you still seeing this price when you set up that plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is that a glitch or is that true, switched from the current promo of $55 for 12GB to $26 for 6GB?  If so, how do I do that, would it be right after the $55 is completed?

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Not everyone feels like using workarounds

Agreed... this was implied in my post (although buried deep)  Smiley LOL

Rockdaddy22
Not everyone feels like using workarounds

RLBL

@Rockdaddy22  I thought I was as well, but I am not.

I almost came to PM before the fall promo but did not pull the trigger because the Nation Wide was going to give me only 1GB more than what I had so I decided to reseach the company and read the forums.  When the fall promo showed up I promptly switched even though it was province wide.

Many people I know did not take advantage because they thought they needed Canada Wide until I explained the following:

"Back in the day you would pick up your phone and dial.  Now with smartphones, you pick up your deivce, choose an app and dial. This app would typically be your phone app, but it does not have to be... it can be anything: Freephone, Fongo, Hangouts... Now you choose an app and dial. And when you receive a call it also does not matter what ap you are using as long as your phone rings.  It really is just a shift in your paradigm."

When I was in Costa Rica and my phone rang because someone was calling me from Canada and I was on the resort's free wifi, my travelling companions realized that they missed out on a good deal.

A canada wide promo, although it would be nice, will be more expensive than a comparable province wide deal (assuming one does not feel the need to buy add-ons for the reasons explained above...)

Rockdaddy22
It's definitely better than the regular pricing. I'm still hoping for a promo with nationwide calling.

@RLBL wrote:

@zmawani wrote:

Just not sure if perhaps I'm missing some part of it that makes it a good plan?

Is the plan good? Yes

Is the plan (pricing) as good as it was in the fall promo? No

But so what.  I once bought some ribs at $4/lbs (regular was $8). My neighbour missed the sale. The next time they were on sale they were $5/lb and he refused to buy them because the deal was not as sweet... forgetting it is still a great deal.  Seems a little silly if you asked me.

I used to have a $45 month 1GB canada wide calling plan with Koodo (a promo... at the same time I could have opted for $55 for 2GB). Those plans have never come back* and the same 2GB plan is now $70.  If one is willing to forgo canada wide (which can be had using wifi/data calling anyways) you can get 12GB over 3 months for $55/month minus discounts (you can say it is $53/month for 4GB averaged so a $17/month savings to get more data)

If you compare this plan to the price it was last fall: ok one may be dissapointed; if you compare it to other plans out there: It is a good deal, even if it is arguably not the best.

* the problem some people cannot wrap their heads around is there is no point in trying to pull a value statement out of comparing something in the present to the past.  If it comes back, great. If it doesn't, oh well. I seem to be having thoughts about a South Park string of episodes with memberberries...

You said it best! Still a great deal considering what most plan prices are now.

RLBL

@zmawani wrote:

Is the plan good? Yes

Is the plan (pricing) as good as it was in the fall promo? No

But so what.  I once bought some ribs at $4/lbs (regular was $8). My neighbour missed the sale. The next time they were on sale they were $5/lb and he refused to buy them because the deal was not as sweet... forgetting it is still a great deal.  Seems a little silly if you asked me.

I used to have a $45 month 1GB canada wide calling plan with Koodo (a promo... at the same time I could have opted for $55 for 2GB). Those plans have never come back* and the same 2GB plan is now $70.  If one is willing to forgo canada wide (which can be had using wifi/data calling anyways) you can get 12GB over 3 months for $55/month minus discounts (you can say it is $53/month for 4GB averaged so a $17/month savings to get more data)

If you compare this plan to the price it was last fall: ok one may be dissapointed; if you compare it to other plans out there: It is a good deal, even if it is arguably not the best.

* the problem some people cannot wrap their heads around is there is no point in trying to pull a value statement out of comparing something in the present to the past.  If it comes back, great. If it doesn't, oh well. I seem to be having thoughts about a South Park string of episodes with memberberries...

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zmawani You obviously haven't read the thread, yet, as this has been extensively discussed already.  This is the exact same plan as the plan you have, it's just $15 more expensive.  Yes, it's not as good as the plan from the fall - it's really only $7 off the regular price per month.  But it's still cheaper than any other in-market 4GB plan out there, for those folks not in MB, SK, or QC.  At least for non-retention plans.  Though Rogers never offered me anything near this price even for retentions, when I was with them last year.  And since nobody here has a time machine (to go back in time to get the old plan, or go forward in time and see if they're going to offer something better in the near future), this is as good as it gets right now.  

zmawani

zmawani

Is it just me or does this plan not seem that great? I'm on the 120$ dollar plan for 12GB/90 days and this seems like it's significantly worse

WearySky

@Wonder_why wrote:
With $55 peeps can get 6GB from third party, same networks

No need to pay a third party, you can get it yourself if you're willing to jump through a few hoops.  But there's always the possibility of Koodo catching on and then you have to change plans to an in-market plan (ie, don't ever call for customer support).  This is the best option at the moment outside of QC, SK and MB to get 4GB on an in-market plan, that's not retention-specific (and thus very YMMV) - and no, Freedom doesn't count because Freedom's LTE network is nowhere NEAR as good as PM's right now..

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
With $55 peeps can get 6GB from third party, same networks

It's a same plan as falls promo but different price I have a strong feeling they won't offer for falls pricing in near future so if someone waiting for 40 dollars one they shouldn't be i would say take 55 plan now if they offer 40 dollars u always have a option to switch
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jovychow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think so, but still great deal for this day

@Mana wrote:
Hi,

Is this $55 plan exactly the same as the 2016 $40 promo or are there any difference, expect for pricing?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes for $40 Promo, lots of peeps will jumping to the boats

They're the exact same. Only pricing is different

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Hi,

Is this $55 plan exactly the same as the 2016 $40 promo or are there any difference, expect for pricing?

roscorosco77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The new promotion appears really good, I would like to see a promotion that would allow me more family members with their phones and iPads to be able to share the data, as it is now when I add each device on mobile it ends up more cost than other plans being offered 

Rockdaddy22
Yes to Canadawide

smp99

@makkahn28 wrote:

I do admit, PM is doing well, BUT They do need some more Promo variety, and other stuff to really make things sizzle

Yes, I agree. All they need to do is include CdaWide in a few promos. It will get some interest but I don't think it will cause stress on the activation system

I do admit, PM is doing well, BUT They do need some more Promo variety, and other stuff to really make things sizzle

Need Help? Let's chat.