cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

See my post in PublicLab.   This should help even out some of the playing field...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Canada-150-Plans-suggested-packages-pricing...

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Well then go to Quebec and get that plan.  Stop wasting time here.

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Good, but not competitive in Quebec

Right now Koodo offers
Text, unlimited CANADA WIDE talk and 5 Gig data for $49

I recall when I first looked in PM.  The $90 for 90 day plan was what I wanted to eventually activate, but when I finally decided to pull the plug on Wind, I missed out by a couple days.  Yeah, I was intitally ticked off, but I still saw the benefit in the new $111 or 90 day plan.

But, I didn't get that either.  The $120 for 90 regular price plan was a great deal for 6GB over 90 days, and frankly, still is in Ontario.  Considering the cost of data addons here at PM, switching from 6 to 12 for 90 days will be a huge savings, compared to buying addons.

@ShawnC13 i agree. Way too much moaning and complaning. Kind of a first world problem if you ask me. I still find it offers much better value in provinces like: Ontario for instance. WE have little to no compeition here since everything is owned by the big 3- minus freedom but we all know how receiption is there. 

You either take the plan or you dont. Until we have real compeition in Canada, we will be stuck paying higer than average phone prices vs the world. Or until the CRTC can figure something out ( I doubt that will happen). But who knows, maybe one day unlimited data (LTE data) will become a thing (remeber when he had "x" amount of texts per month and had to pay for extra messages). Not what feedom is doing where only newer phones will work for LTE (frequency issue)

Also, so what if there's no real roaming. By a roaming sim card, those are quite afforadbale and the plans aren't that bad either. A good competitve advantage that rogers and fido have are the roam like home plans, but rogers is way too expensive for most people.

Sorry about this but reading through this and hearing all the moaning and complaining about this pricing got me going.  You have two options A) take the promo B) don't take the promo and if you don't want the promo and aren't happy with what you are paying here now for what you get why waste so much time in here posting about it when you can be out dealing with other providers TRYING to get a better pricing plan or more data that suits your needs better.  Complaining in here isn't going to get the price lowered or have FIDO or Rogers  hunt you down offering you an amazing price.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@bamby50, you can still pay monthly and keep the autopay reward.  Each month go into your account and you can add funds and it will sit in your available funds account do that the second month as well and then the 3rd month let autopay do its thing.  It will take money from available funds and rewards and anything left owing will come out of your credit card you setup on autopay

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Harvir_K

My mom is with Fido and I'm going to see if i can get a good deal with Fido for me.

CalvinW
@CoolCanada couldn't agree more, this actually makes me want to jump back to Fido.

CoolCanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a horrible plan. I switched to Public Mobile from Wind during the $40 for 4gb promo. I have been happy with the service (though I HAAATE having to keeping an eye on data levels which I didn't need to worry about before). This plan would definitely not have made me jump ship. This is the kind of "promotion" you would expect from one of the big 3 (which Public Mobile is a part of).

Hopefully the CRTC moves to open up wireless networks to third party resellers. We need real competition.

Vickel
This needs an extra 1-2 gbs per month and Canada wide calling.

@CalvinW
Agreed can't be compared with others big b companies most of them now charging regular prices average 100 dollars for 5gb which is almost double then pm
And about fall promo have a feeling won't be offering in near future
55 dollar plan not super attractive but still way better then what others offering
if someone already on Falls promo they been comparing between 55/40 dollars 💵 which personally doesn't make much sense it's a last year promo if they keep offer same promo after every six months then no one will take any other plans pm also in a business to make some money I think lol but still Offering what they can offered now strong feeling better promo will come end of summer time back to school promos hopefully but. I don't see any chances for 120 dollar 💵 12gb plan in future
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

CalvinW
I'd rather have nothing at all right now, and wait until they can come up with an actual promo.

CalvinW

@homer It would be fine if PM advertised this as a new lower pricing, but advertising it as a promo was just a bad decision. Judging by the current backlash over at RFD, this ordeal was just a big flop. Quite disappointing coming from a company that challenged the market pricing when they came out with the Fall promo. The Fall promo even forced Fido to match their plan. But this time around, PM seems to be on the losing end of the stick. 

homer

Not the best promo, but still better than nothing 🙂 

Harvir_K
I agree with you CalvinW I'm going to try getting back my Freedommobile plan I had 6gb for $45

CalvinW

Or first, they should make 12 GB more affordable. I'm dying with my 6 GB here. The price jump is so massive and unreasonable

Agreed with @pckku
4gb monthly it's pretty much on dot if you using data on minimal usage I would love to see a plan with at least 6gb monthly I m on 12gb plan too but I have to keep checking my daily usage I don't want to go over my daily usage which is hard sometime hopefully in future they offer 6 gb monthly
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

pckku

@Jeremy_M  Thank you for sharing this new promotion with us. I am sure this will be attractive to many users. However, 4Gb monthly is still low for those who operate away from their home most of the time or who simply need more data for streaming etc.. Hopefully PM will in the near future to roll out 6Gb and 8Gb monthly plans. This is definitely a step in the right direction - offering more data options to PM customers.

Harvir_K

Ya that is true. And with the rewards you can make it even cheaper. I'm thinking about switching to it.

@SD08
Thx for adding this information in my system 😉
Appreciate your clarification

nishufan

It's a little expensive than last year, but still cheap compared to another carriers expect freedom. Good job PM. 

Harvir_K

I dont know. I'm new i switched to public mobile yesterday.

bamby50
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok because right now I pay 60 $ can ill  texte ill 2 gig , and I would like more gigs without paying 80$ is that possible ??

CalvinW
@RogerI Man, I feel you. I missed the fall promo as well. I knew the SIM card wouldn't arrive on time so I didn't even buy one. Later I found out they still allowed the promo if you purchased the SIM card within the deadline. I was totally bummed. Unfortunately, at this rate, the next promo is going to be $65.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Bmadriaga wrote:
How do i change my plan into this promo

@Samianauman wrote:
...you can setup future plan change date but you only able to get a promo plan if promo still run until your future date if promo over then you won't be able to get it

@Bmadriaga  @Samianauman

Actually, you can future date a rate plan change at any time during the promotion and still get it, even if you set the promo rate to start running after the end of the promo offer.  As an illustrative hypothetical example, let's suppose PM decides the promo offer ends on May 15, but the customer's currently running plan doesn't end until May 30. To get the promo, the customer can simply go into their self-serve account before May 15, and future date a plan change to the promo to begin on May 31. The key is, the action of future-dating must occur during the time the promo is running (b4 May 15 in this example) in order for the customer to take advantage of the promo. Any future-dating operation that is done after that promo end date will simply not have the promo option available.

In case there is any doubt about this, here's the relevant quote from the announcement above:
"If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan. Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!"

FYI, the Fall 2016 Promo was handled exactly this way as well. That's the great thing about PM -- they let both current and new customers take advantage of any promos. No one is left out.  Smiley Happy

Harvir_K

I dont think you can do that. But if you want you can keep adding money every month and have auto pay on too.

bamby50
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I have this promo per month and not for 90 days , I pay per month ??

CalvinW
@Harvir_K Looks about right to me. Apparently the glitches were all fixed since early morning. And no, that's just normal pricing
Need Help? Let's chat.