cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Doing wireless different has its ups and downs

You're right on point with the labour of love trumping any nominal financial incentive!  I have already spent hours on the forum test-driving the community support and it has been great as hectic as it appears.  

I will look into that app. Hope it's free!  ( Member SD08 mentioned an app called My Data Manager (by Mobidia Technology) for good accuracy.  That one sounds familiar too. )

Really hope this model works out for PM / Telus in the long run,  whether I join or no. 

cheers from Victoria

Mayor / Maire

@VictoriaBC it is free for PM customers. You can find more info on my posting here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-Andr... Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Oops,  I see you had already mentioned My Data Manager.  I checked my phone backup and it was already installed!  albeit running under 1 month / too little usage, so I will have to do a fresh test with new phone & plan to compare the two apps.  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When your a star, they let you do anything..... grab them by the pu***.  LOL Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Is it true that Public Mobile customers get less network prioirty over Telus and Koodo? Because I've been hearing a lot of reps from those respective companies saying that.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Telus2Koodo2PM wrote:

Is it true that Public Mobile customers get less network prioirty over Telus and Koodo? Because I've been hearing a lot of reps from those respective companies saying that.

It's pretty much bull****. The rep would say anything for you to stay with them.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it's untrue because the MVNO probably purchases "bulk" bandwidth allocations.  Bandwidth which must still fully comply with the network's normal Quality-of-Service standards.

Telus takes profits from Koodo and Public Mobile.  They might be able to squeeze a little more profit by establishing the "Telus Mobile > Koodo Mobile > Public Mobile" service methodology (and reputation) ... but I doubt they'd ever dare do it (or ever dare admit it) because the loyalties of disgruntled cellular customers are fickle and any squeeze at all will drive customers towards competing service providers.

I also agree with @jimmyche - it seems far more likely a salesman will tell you exactly what he thinks you want to hear (and earn his commission) than disclose proprietary information involving strategic and technical decisions he's not positioned to personally learn or confirm.  This fellow should probably be warned for unethically misinforming potential customers, or should certainly be punished if such things actually were truthful because he'd be unethically violating (and damaging) his employer's confidentiality.  Another reason I'm happy that Public Mobile does wireless differently, lol, I never want to listen to greasy sales pitches.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Didn't we already go through this, Public Mobile isn't an MVNO.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can we get more support??

Finally joined this awesome provider! Looking forward to the experience of being with this great community! Thanks Public Mobile!