Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave is making his final curtain call

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

There are a few days in my career that I will never forget:

• October 31, 2013, when I was told we had bought Public Mobile and they wanted me to help transition customers to the TELUS network, pending Competition Bureau approval.
  • November 29, 2013, when the Competition Bureau approved the acquisition of Public Mobile.
  • December 3, 2013, when I first stepped into the old Public Mobile office at Yonge and Davisville in downtown Toronto.
  • And tomorrow, February 28, 2020, as my last day leading the Public Mobile brand. Yes, you read that right. I have made the tough decision to leave Public Mobile.

It’s been an incredible 6 years full of ups and downs. From the infamous $40 for 4GB LTE in the fall of 2016, to scrambling to manage system challenges and repeat defects that sometimes felt like a cruel game of whack-a-mole, to having a dear friend and Public family member, who was an original Oracle, pass away too early – rest in peace Martin.

Over the years, this community has helped hundreds of thousands of people. What I’ve been most proud of is how this community has always held our feet to the fire to be better. Your feedback has influenced our investments and focus over the years and, wow, is some great stuff coming in 2020!

Public has truly become a brand that is more than just a transactions-focused, weekend discount machine like some of our competitors. Public is about you and built by you, with the Community at its core.This is why we shifted our logo to represent you better. Every letter in the logo is different and changes all the time, representing the individual nature of each of you, yet when put together our letters (and you) all make Public Mobile.

Together we’ve become the fastest growing wireless brand in Canada. We crush our peers in customer retention. We’ve become the number #1 wireless brand for Likelihood to Recommend in Canada as of Q4 2019. We deliver the most affordable wireless on the best network in Canada. And we’ve done all this together by doing wireless differently in Canada, even when everyone said this was not possible.

It doesn’t end here either. We have some incredible things in our back pocket that will begin to roll out shortly. Public Mobile will continue to improve and I am proud to leave it in an incredible position, with a passionate and committed team, to continue to move forward. We’re for you and always will be.

May you always enjoy affordable wireless service at Public Mobile. Thank you for all of the memories!

Dave

84 REPLIES 84

Farewell in all your endeavours.

Peace!

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

All the best! 

@Dave_M , thanks for being a big part of the driving force behind PM.  Personally I want to thank you for your openness and willingness to always share with us at the Oracle Connect calls.  Taking our questions, telling us what to look forward to and the plan to get there.  I don't think there is another provider out there that has the customers interact as much as PM does with its corporate leaders.  So great to hear about all industry-leading numbers that PM is on top of.  Again thank you and all the best in whatever is next for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dave_M   Thanks for your work guiding the evolution of Public Mobile since 2013.  Good luck and best wishes to you for the future.  Smiley Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave_M congrats on your accomplishments with the Public Mobile brand.  We have something in common in terms of work.  I hope you are invited to the April meet, we can share some stories and a couple of pints.  Good luck on future endeavors.  Most importantly, good health.  

@smp99 wrote:

Thanks and good luck Dave

But I think the 2016 Fall $40 4gb plan was famous, not infamous. 

Infamous is a bad thing. The offer was good but, perhaps the infamous part was the delay in customers receiving support.

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks again for making the Public Mobile brand how it is today!  It's sad your leaving us but good luck in your future endeavours!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks and good luck Dave

But I think the 2016 Fall $40 4gb plan was famous, not infamous. 

Rubyz123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Enjoy your life Dave. 🙏

srlawren

@Dave_M well this was unexpected!  It's been a fun ride, sorry to see you get off.  Are you able to share what's next for you, or prefer to keep that closer to your chest?  Whatever it is, break a leg--I know you'll crush it (the job, not the leg!).

Wishing you all the best!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Encore, encore. Take another bow @Dave_M . Good luck with your future endeavours.

imm1304

Hi @Dave_M !

Thank you for your leadership and vision. Without it, PM would not have transformed into a successful and fast-growing wireless brand in Canada.  

Wishing you nothing but the best in all your future endeavours. I am confident that you will overcome any challenges and excel at whatever you do next.  

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dave_M   All the best in your future endevours. May the sun always shine on your side of the street. Cheer, Lar

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

👍 Thank you for your efforts and all the best!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like a very eventful and interesting few years and nice to hear that more changes are on their way to make PM better. 

Good luck and best wishes on your future plans:)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Dave,

All the best in future endeavors. Thank you for building this great brand!

How about a last hurrah? Maybe a Dave Bonus? 1 gig Dave bonus? 😝🤷

popping

Thank you Dave_M for leading Public Mobile to a well known brand with affordable wireless service provider.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M wrote:

It doesn’t end here either. We have some incredible things in our back pocket that will begin to roll out shortly.

First of all, good luck with whatever you move on to. 👍  That, and can you give us a teeny hint at what you alluded to above???

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M Thank you very much for everything. Best wishes and good luck in the future!Smiley Happy

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wishing you a lot of success in the future Dave!

Cheers

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good luck in everything, wherever you go.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Best wishes, Dave on your future endeavors.

Good luck and best wishes, @Dave_M 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dave_M wrote:

Cheers Dave_M.

May you have continued personal success wherever you go. (hopefully still in the Telus family)

Need Help? Let's chat.