cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

DanRJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for posting the images related to each step. It definitely aids those that are more inclined to learn visually, and helps provide a checklist of exactly where to go/ what has already been done. ❤️

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kiravanskiver Ajuste looking at some of my friends post on social media they are getting to be very aggressive towards each other and venting out their different views. It’s madness lol

Kiravanskiver

COVID sucks, stir crazy

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thank you for the help and support during this unprecedented time of our lives.

The lease we could do it wash hands, wear a mask, physically distance yourself from others and use a lot of common sense. Take care everyone.

learn4ever

Stay safe, healthy and strong. Thank you for all the essential workers still keep this country running.

Go into your self service account and 20200519_120048.jpg

Stay safe.

@Vythilingam  if you have enough funds hot the reactivate button. If it still doesn't work.

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

Vythilingam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually enough fund is in the account. Even though they didn't get the money from the account in may. Now account is suspended 

Vythilingam

I am a public mobile customer. Recently my mobile phone account is suspended saying not enough find for auto pay. But it is not true. There is enough funds in my auto pay bank account. How can I activate the account now. 

@bbarwich 

If the reoccurring charge is listed PUBLIC MOBILE call your credit card company and get the transaction# and merchant details and come back here to contact the moderators. You'll be able to give them all the info they require to trace the account that is connected to the charges. Once it's determined they are erroneous they will be able to do a charge back (refund) to your credit card.

@bbarwich wrote:

I have a reoccuring charge on my credit card and don't have a public mobile phone or account.  What is the charge for? I will be cancelling my card to stop this charge.

Did you ever have a PM account ? If so, is it possible that old account is still active ?

Rather than cancelling the credit card...you could call the credit card company and have a stop future payment to PM.

bbarwich

I have a reoccuring charge on my credit card and don't have a public mobile phone or account.  What is the charge for? I will be cancelling my card to stop this charge.

brandontoddler

Good to know, Thank you Public Mobile team!

Eliza5

That is a good to know.  Good to have some sort of plan in place so we know who to ask.

Take Care, Stay Safe and Healthy.

Eliza5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kerribrown wrote:

hello

ik trying to activate my account and it’s saying I have enough fund on it but it won’t reactivate 

Does your account show as active? Or do you still see the Reactivate button up top to the right?

If active then restart your phone. If the button then click it and see what happens.

Kerribrown

hello

ik trying to activate my account and it’s saying I have enough fund on it but it won’t reactivate 

JenL

@cody_098 

If it's an emergency call 911

If you need to talk to other family members perhaps you can contact them through social media perhaps or Skype

JenL

@LurganIeUk 

@Alan_K 

@Naepalm 

I hope the ministry and the Ministers in charge are able to promote and enforce social distancing policies. Opening court and schools and doctors are on my priority list. I'm still not used to buying everything online. It would be great to get rid of the line ups. 

JenL

@liban961  If you are close to your router and your WiFi is bad it's the WiFi itself. Try to reset your router. You can as well try a booster to strengthen your signal in your apartment. 

@gblackma wrote:

@Jagroops900 according to Canada post tracking its been delivered 

https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/details/4013800093503127

Stay safe. 

I can tell from looking at the tracking number, that's not a Public Mobile shipment. It lacks the Public Mobile/Telus account number for Canada Post.  In addition, Public Mobile doesn't send sim cards with a the "signature required" option. In delivery details, sim cards shipments will also indicate Telus as the shipper (which this one doesn't).

It's possilbe that this sim card was sent as an untrackable letter.

@Jagroops900  You should remove your e-mail address. It serves no purpose to post here, because support is not provided by e-mail, and you're just opening yourself up to receiving more junk e-mail.

@Jagroops900 according to Canada post tracking its been delivered 

https://www.canadapost.ca/trackweb/en#/details/4013800093503127

Stay safe. 

@Jagroops900 wrote:

Hello I ordered a SIM card but did not get it yet please let me know what is happening. Order number is 198035 please let me 

my email address is xxxxgmail.com

@Jagroops900   You need to use the 3 dots top right of your post and edit and delete your email from your post.  You are on a public forum and should never post any personal information here.

You can try using your order number in Canada Post's tracking system to see if your order shows up.  Alternatively submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, then select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket and follow the prompts to finish.

Jagroops900

Hello I ordered a SIM card but did not get it yet please let me know what is happening. Order number is 198035 please let me 

my email address is Roop98725@gmail.com

@cody_098 

The quickest way to get help and advice here is to give very detailed info on what you are trying to do and what the problem is so time isn't wasted going back and forth trying to get these details from you. Also posting your own topic rather than tagging onto another unrelated topic will get more people reading your problem and helping you out.

AE_Collector

Unfortunately Public does not have live support. If you have access to Wifi you can use TextNow or Hangouts Dialer if its an emergency.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

cody_098

well i need help right now as i need sin activated due to family ermergency

@cody_098  If you got an error during activation then you need to wait an hour for the current session lock to clear before attempting the activation again otherwise you will get an invalid SIM error.

cody_098

i am having trouble with activating my sim card

@intricatetrade please contact the moderators(customer service here)  if you need a some help with your bill. Ask them nicely and you may get some. There is no official PM policy on this.  It seems to be on a case by case basis. Stay safe. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

intricatetrade

You are offering a one time allowance toward monthly bill. I would like to take advantage of your offer. Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.