cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Courier Delays

@ra1ne 

This is a small sample size but something that normally takes one business day took 7 business days (and 2 weekends) o get to me, but it's actually slightly worse than that because while weekends don't count for delivery standards, package do still get processed during that time.

Luddite
Oracle

@Catherine_T  Given how undependable Canada Post regular mail has become due to Covid, plus the stay at home orders, would a private courier service not make more sense for now?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@Catherine_T  Given how undependable Canada Post regular mail has become due to Covid, plus the stay at home orders, would a private courier service not make more sense for now?

You mean like this:

scooter.jpg

Look, no face, just like Public Mobile advertising. 🙂 Toronto to Iqaluit would be fun this time of year.

waytomatrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the option of  both pick up and post and i opted for Post.  Just want to avoid minimal in person contact with outside world.

I got SIM at my place within 5 working days which was pretty quick.  Thanks PM

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the info. Yes, it is very noticeable that delivery of SIM cards is very slow unfortunately. Hope soon it would be faster.

pkeachantu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Understandable, thank you for keeping us updated.  🙂

softech
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4  nice pic.. but we need a face mask for him .. LoL

for PM, i think they should say it clearly that it will be sent via Canada Post regular mail and include this Potential Delay announcement on the actual SIM ordering page. People should know the expected delivery time before they order 

@waytomatrix wrote:

I had the option of  both pick up and post and i opted for Post.  Just want to avoid minimal in person contact with outside world.

I think that's as it should be, at least at the moment. I do understand that some people may have lost a SIM card and need an immediate replacement.  There are also cases in which people pay for top up vouchers with cash to keep the service going.  Other than those, I don't see any reason anybody should be going to the store to activate a Public Mobile service or to purchase a SIM card. There will always be a promotion in the future if the SIM card comes later than expected. 

Jcurry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been waiting for a month for my sim card. 

Makes sense the would just send via Canada Post as a letter, even Xpress doesn't have a guarantee it will be on time. 

I know Barrie Canada Post had a small outbreak before Christmas. Which has slowed everything down if you live north of Toronto. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need a sim right away, you could purchase one through a local retailer or if you are in the GTA https://canadiancellsupplies.com offers local pickup.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.