cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Contest Closed] CPO Flip Phone Giveaway!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

As many of you know, Public Mobile offers a wide range of Certified Pre-Owned Phones at affordable prices. And when we’re talking about variety and affordability, we can’t forget the newest addition to our CPO catalogue: the ZTE Cymbal 2 flip phone is our lowest priced device at $69!  And now, you have a chance to get your hands on one, for free.

Do you remember flip phones? Did you ever own a flip phone, or are currently rocking one? We want to hear from you. Let us know in a short survey, and you’ll be entered into a giveaway to win one of three ZTE Cymbal 2 flip phones. 

Polls are now open, and will close on February 17, 2022

Here’s how to enter:

Step 1 

• Click this link to access our flip phone survey and answer a few simple questions.

Step 2

• Fill in your Community user name directly on the survey.  

Step 3

• After you fill out the survey, submit your answers to be automatically entered for a chance to win a flip phone! 

What kind of Flip Phone?

Checkout the ZTE Cymbal 2 in our phone catalogue for details

Jade_S_0-1644524582075.png

Feature Highlights:

• Easy to use keypad with physical buttons
  • Front and back camera 
  • Convenient speakerphone button

We can’t wait to hear from the flip phone experts in our Community. Good Luck! 

-   Public Mobile Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

1.     HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must complete and submit the online survey located at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community.  Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs February 10, 2022 - February 17, 2022 at 17:00 (EST).

To be eligible, entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date. To be eligible, you must be a Canadian resident 13 years of age or older. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation (“TELUS”), its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled. 

By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree to that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

2.     THE PRIZE

There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) ZTE Cymbal 2 (mobile flip phone) (approx. retail value: $69.00) (the “Prize”)

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with TELUS for cash. If Prize awarded is a mobile device or tablet, Prize does not include activation and all activations are subject to a credit check and the TELUS Service Terms (telus.com/serviceterms). TELUS reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
3.      THE DRAW

A random draw for the Prize will take place at the TELUS office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, on or about February 18 at 12:00pm ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrant will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. No telephone contact or correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within four (4) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within seven (7) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded.
4.    PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by TELUS, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in TELUS’ privacy policy located at telus.com/privacy.

1.       QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 
6.      OTHER

All entries become the property of TELUS.  TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged entries. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified.  In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final.  This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

All entrants that are customers of TELUS at the time of entry and/or at the time of Prize award must have their TELUS accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the Prize.

FOR LEGAL APPROVAL OF YOUR CONTEST, PLEASE FORWARD TO

MARIE SPRATT AT marie.spratt@telus.com

POUR L'APPROBATION LÉGALE DES CONCOURS QUÉBÉCOIS UNIQUEMENT,

VEUILLEZ FAIRE PARVENIR À marie-chantal.soucy@telus.com

47 REPLIES 47

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Your entry is still valid. As long as you have your Community user name listed. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Yes, you will require to sign in or create a google email to enter, this ensures customers only enter the contest once. 

As for the email requested on the forum, you can add either one. Just make sure your community user name is correct as we will reach out to winners via private messaging.

Thank you,

Jade

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Anyone can enter, as long as you fill out the google form. 

Community account email please. 😊

Hi @J_PM   there inlies the issue.

...And, I did not see that instruction listed that way in the announcement.

My Community account email is an alias that does not have a google account directly.

Therefore, I had to use an email that does have a google account (hence, it does not match my Community Email).

So, was mine a valid enter or not? Because, it still let me enter the contest without it giving me any errors.

@J_PM wrote:

@J_PM 

Unfortunately, entering the contest requires members to sign into a Google/Gmail account.  While this isn't an issue for me, many who don't already have a Gmail account aren't going to sign up to one simply for the purposes of entering this contest.  Ironically, ater logging into the Google account, the member is then prompted to type in an e-mail address (although not everyone will have the Gmail e-mail addresss that was used linked to Community and Self Serve accounts).

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LeePublic wrote:

Entering now! Wouldn't mind one of these, though I would donate to the local shelter! 😁

Would be a nice gesture but I think that they would just toss it in the recycling bin. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

This will make a great gift.  There is always a senior that could use a shiny new phone.  

I know that your heart is in the right place and you don't mean to be condescending BUT  ---Ya right - let's give seniors hard to use obsolete  junk -and  hey don't forget to also address them as "sweety" "honey" "deary" etc. My retired old, Florida wrinkled (don't tell her I said that)  lawyer mother in law goes ballistic when persons assume that because she's in her 90 s she has become a simpleton.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_PM,

So can anyone enter this contest as long as they have a google account to log into this contest with?

Also, does the email need to match either the Community account or the Self Serve account emails?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good luck to everyone who enters 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This will make a great gift.  There is always a senior that could use a shiny new phone.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

Can we have a real Flip phone next time?  the Samsung Galazy Z Flip 3   🙂

Not sure how its Otterbox/griffin case will look like but I would love to test that one in the field. 

LeePublic

Entering now! Wouldn't mind one of these, though I would donate to the local shelter! 😁

hstraf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Flip phone would be nice for younger children, because it is basically a phone in a hard shell protective case. 

@esjliv wrote:

For a second I thought this was for only NEW REWARDS accounts. But it is for all!!

FUN 😃

HI @esjliv   I thought so too in the beginning..  Glad it is good for us all

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

For a second I thought this was for only NEW REWARDS accounts. But it is for all!!

FUN 😃

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @J_PM   Nice contest.

Can we have a real Flip phone next time?  the Samsung Galazy Z Flip 3   🙂

pkaraa

Done. Finger crossed. 😄

Need Help? Let's chat.