cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Connecting with you during this time

@z10user4 @computergeek541  Half price? Count me in. Picked 2 up, although I will probably never use them. Score. Thanks Public Mobile!

data.jpg

@z10user4 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

reduced price of the 1gb data add-on.

@z10user4That's good news. When did the price get reduced? Do you know if this permanent or just temporary? I can't find an announcement on this.

@RobertQc 

It was noticed somehow this morning mid-morning ET by computergeek541. Perhaps he was informed as an Oracle. Or he just happened to notice that it was now $15 in Purchase Add-on and/or the Plans/Add-on page.

No mention of permanency...not likely very long. But what do I know.

Alan_K did a text mic drop acknowledging it earlier.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Ditto. Two too. Thanks PM.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Current Promotions

Hi,

I am a newbie and was wondering if I qualify for these promotions. I was not aware of them until now.

Screenshot (108).png

Eliza5

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Current Promotions

@Eliza5 absolutely you can get these offers. Click on the question Mark and contact a mod, you can submit a ticket to talk to someone and change to whatever plan you want. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Current Promotions

@Eliza5  as far as I know those promotions were available during the last Lunar promotion. There are no such promotions presently available. Could you please link us to them? Thanks.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V, I think Public Mobile, the moderator team, Oracles and the rest of the community is doing an awesome job under the circumstances. It's a great idea in trying to connect with the community.

I think everyone who is really a concern is the data caps. Maybe, have a free-add-on for 1 gig or something for people who will really need it. It may not sound like much for some people, but if I can recall, @cowboyDave was in a bad spot as well another person too who was stuck in isolation on a porch or something!

I myself don't need the data add-on, it's a nice to have just in case, but maybe we could do something for the first line and essential services such as fire, police and ambulance to nurses, doctors and care-aides. And don't forget about the stores that are left open to help with essential items. I would love to see something fun and giving to those. 

As  well something to the community that some may feel the crunch or in a rough spot too. Not everybody is in a good spot, especially if you are laid off. While others are good to go, let's remind ourselves to be nice to people (aka @tazpolish !)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V 

First of all thank you for offering the discount on the 1gb data add on. That alone shows you are listening to the community and following the posts....as many had brought up this suggestion but we really didn't think it would happen. I purchased two as a back up on my $10 plan....a nice emergency data back up plan.

While this is primarily a help forum.....that some insist stays solely a help forum....it is also a discussion forum. Members seeking help are easily receiving it...in fact it's more of a case lately of two many cooks spoil the broth. There seems to be way more members with time on their hands wanting to help or engage with other members....than there are those seeking help. Posting some games, contests, trivia, blogs....etc....to give so many of us isolated in our homes alone or with family (that may or may not be getting on your nerves) an outlet to socialize that is so important to mental health, gives us a chance to bond as community members and public mobile customers. We have given much needed support to many members experiencing difficulty during the covid-19 pandemic that may have little to do with public mobile itself but has given support to users feeling desperate, alone, helpless or frustrated. Being able to reach out for a little "group" therapy from the community goes a long way in endearing the community to public mobile and it's current, new and potential customers.

Do not forget the community is an integral part of public mobiles business model, brand and marketing campaign. Every other mobile provider has a "community" that provides for the most part exceptionally poor help, customer service and generally is not a place you would return to...ever! The lounge does provide us with an area for non phone related posts but how many members have actually explored how many helpful threads have been started in there....from free resources, adult and child learning, popular games, drawing apps, recipe threads, community pets, the list goes on.....but none of it comes up on the main community landing page for all members to see.....its only if you are in the know or specifically tagged. Any community engagement from public mobile would be more than welcomed....at least by me anyways.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like the idea of contests and games because I can't really help people but it makes it more interesting for people like me!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa  Good to see you participating!