Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting with you during this time

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

I hope you’re all feeling safe and healthy during these uncertain and unprecedented times. While we are all practicing physical distancing and staying home as much as we can, it is important now, more than ever, that we try to stay as connected as possible. 

Last week we announced some of the ways we’re providing support, but we’d be remiss to not recognize the unique opportunity we have here to connect with you all on the Community more socially. As always, we have The Lounge available where you can go to chat about anything you’d like, Public Mobile related or not. In addition to that, I’d like to reach out and ask you for your input: should we do anything else on the Community (such as post more blogs, contests, games, etc.) to help foster a sense of connectedness? Do you think it would be beneficial for you and the Community? If so, please let us know what you’d like to see in terms of content or activities here on the Community. 

Whether it is blogs, contests, games, something completely different or nothing at all, if there’s something you think we can do to help make physical distancing a bit easier, please let us know!

Hope you’re staying safe and healthy, everyone!

- The Public Mobile Team

53 REPLIES 53

PsyJade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

More contests would be fun. I know it's a hard time financially for a lot of people right now, so winning something would be really uplifting. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Tiana_V  has anything come out of this thread that we can look forward to?

Yup! Lots of great ideas here. I've read through and have a few things coming 🙂  

Pop1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Tiana_V 

That’s a great post.

Im pretty sure it’s got everyone thinking now.

How about we out here all reach out to you and your family and the rest of the PM team and theirs..

Keep safe and well everyone in these unprecedented times.

Lets all hold hands electronically and beat this nasty experience together as one BIG FAMILY..

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can we Look forward to some promotional gimics... ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V  has anything come out of this thread that we can look forward to?

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks.

I've never been to The Lounge but will check it out.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We have to encourage each other stay strong, and stay safe.Soon things will be back to normal, we have to stay positive

ichor

I chose PM because they don't hide the cost of phone upgrades into the plan price.  I'm very happy with my antiquated flip phone.  No upgrade needed here.

My wish - stay solvent and keep offering low prices so we can keep benefiting from paying less.  (also games.  games are fun and maybe some fun artwork badges)

AdamLove

I think we can get new phones.... Perhaps iphone Samsung LG. At discounted prices.  Phone plans to match phone specs....

Can we be rewarded upgrades to....

Bonuses for loyalty and frequently paying our bill on time.... To enable a free cell phone upgrade and planj discounts....  And most of all to show you value us as customers of auto pay and loyalty discounts and friend federal programs....

Show us that you car for us and give us something for our hard work....

Thank you,

Adam

AdamLove

I think we can get new phones.... Perhaps iphone Samsung LG. At discounted prices.  Phone plans to match phone specs....

Can we be rewarded upgrades to....

Bonuses for loyalty and frequently paying our bill on time.... To enable a free cell phone upgrade and plan discounts....  And most of all to show you value us as customers of auto pay and loyalty discounts and friend federal programs....

Show us that you car for us and give us something for our hard work..

zblackma

Thanks. some games and contests would help.

Nanqui

Tank you pm for your wonderful job !

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hey Community, 

I hope you’re all feeling safe and healthy during these uncertain and unprecedented times. While we are all practicing physical distancing and staying home as much as we can, it is important now, more than ever, that we try to stay as connected as possible. 

Last week we announced some of the ways we’re providing support, but we’d be remiss to not recognize the unique opportunity we have here to connect with you all on the Community more socially. As always, we have The Lounge available where you can go to chat about anything you’d like, Public Mobile related or not. In addition to that, I’d like to reach out and ask you for your input: should we do anything else on the Community (such as post more blogs, contests, games, etc.) to help foster a sense of connectedness? Do you think it would be beneficial for you and the Community? If so, please let us know what you’d like to see in terms of content or activities here on the Community. 

Whether it is blogs, contests, games, something completely different or nothing at all, if there’s something you think we can do to help make physical distancing a bit easier, please let us know!

Hope you’re staying safe and healthy, everyone!

- The Public Mobile Team

Yes, I think Games, Contests, something that can give way to a learning curve.

I think could be beneficial for everyone

mobileguy

I was just reading through these posts and found out about the 1gb data add-on for $15.  So I went ahead and picked it up.  Doubt if I'll ever use it but it's good to have since it doesn't expire.  Hope everyone is doing their best to keeping safe and keeping others safe as well.  Cheers!

Irv

Thank you so much for reaching out during this period of changes.

Polls, contest, games are great ideas.

I don't know if live webinars/workshops/training/tips could be feasible... Could be nice. Just a thought. 

Dolphin1

@Korth these are great ideas.  
@Tiana_V perhaps a point system that people could earn points for free gifts, minutes, data etc.  Not sure how easy it would be to administer.  I certainly don’t want to add more work to the Mods.

Contests seem to always be popular.

I think special badges for participating (or winning) in contests would increase general interest.

Indeed, new badges across the board for a variety of "achievements" with PM. For contests, surveys, best jokes, best photos, best recipes, whatever.

The prize doesn't always have to be stuff like a data add-on or a month of "free" service.

It could be dinner for two, movie tickets, or (especially appealing during this crisis) gift cards for groceries. Stuff people might appreciate and remember long after their GB of data is gone.

XionBunny

contests all the way 🙂

AdamLove

Sounds good here waiting for 5he games and prizes

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tiana_V   Thanks for the outreach,  but I don't think adding games or quizzes or  polls etc   is worth the time nor effort on PM side of things to implement,  for the minutes/seconds interaction  of interaction they will distract people.    There are many sites out there that are full of these type of things already.    

If people really  want they could even start their own chat room or even create a group (skype, whatsapp etc,)  all of which would be  self regulated.  

I did like the idea of thinking outside the box  maybe create a new lounge type board with some open topics, and open only to replies.

• what plan (s) would you like to see
  • how can we market PM better
  • what features would you like to see
  • ect...

add a new question  every week, and add a reminder that PM is the 3rd tier provider which should not compete directly with Telus or Koodo

I would also not have this area not count towards rewards like the lounge.  

dac13

I would love some contests.

@Jb456  Lol....that was funny and reminded of me of when I quit smoking well over a decade ago.....gee and too bad public mobile no longer has simple $0.15 mobile roaming rates.

I agree the Public Mobile forums are a technical and social asset. They are amazingly vibrant, and active. I personally like hearing about and telling about technical 'tips and tricks' that maybe aren't widely known or well documented by public mobile officially. Maybe the Lounge type discussions could be enhanced by promoting national unity with interesting questions/polls to see what we have in common, or debate some lighthearted topics to 'get to know' each other...

The "community" forum, if offered, by pretty much any other carrier - Even Telus! are pretty much completely devoid of activity. Learning about the $15 1GB data plan from astute forum members is pretty slick too.

Contests seem to always be popular.

I think special badges for participating (or winning) in contests would increase general interest.

Indeed, new badges across the board for a variety of "achievements" with PM. For contests, surveys, best jokes, best photos, best recipes, whatever.

The prize doesn't always have to be stuff like a data add-on or a month of "free" service.

It could be dinner for two, movie tickets, or (especially appealing during this crisis) gift cards for groceries. Stuff people might appreciate and remember long after their GB of data is gone.

@carlaspapa  Good to see you participating!

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I like the idea of contests and games because I can't really help people but it makes it more interesting for people like me!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V 

First of all thank you for offering the discount on the 1gb data add on. That alone shows you are listening to the community and following the posts....as many had brought up this suggestion but we really didn't think it would happen. I purchased two as a back up on my $10 plan....a nice emergency data back up plan.

While this is primarily a help forum.....that some insist stays solely a help forum....it is also a discussion forum. Members seeking help are easily receiving it...in fact it's more of a case lately of two many cooks spoil the broth. There seems to be way more members with time on their hands wanting to help or engage with other members....than there are those seeking help. Posting some games, contests, trivia, blogs....etc....to give so many of us isolated in our homes alone or with family (that may or may not be getting on your nerves) an outlet to socialize that is so important to mental health, gives us a chance to bond as community members and public mobile customers. We have given much needed support to many members experiencing difficulty during the covid-19 pandemic that may have little to do with public mobile itself but has given support to users feeling desperate, alone, helpless or frustrated. Being able to reach out for a little "group" therapy from the community goes a long way in endearing the community to public mobile and it's current, new and potential customers.

Do not forget the community is an integral part of public mobiles business model, brand and marketing campaign. Every other mobile provider has a "community" that provides for the most part exceptionally poor help, customer service and generally is not a place you would return to...ever! The lounge does provide us with an area for non phone related posts but how many members have actually explored how many helpful threads have been started in there....from free resources, adult and child learning, popular games, drawing apps, recipe threads, community pets, the list goes on.....but none of it comes up on the main community landing page for all members to see.....its only if you are in the know or specifically tagged. Any community engagement from public mobile would be more than welcomed....at least by me anyways.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V, I think Public Mobile, the moderator team, Oracles and the rest of the community is doing an awesome job under the circumstances. It's a great idea in trying to connect with the community.

I think everyone who is really a concern is the data caps. Maybe, have a free-add-on for 1 gig or something for people who will really need it. It may not sound like much for some people, but if I can recall, @cowboyDave was in a bad spot as well another person too who was stuck in isolation on a porch or something!

I myself don't need the data add-on, it's a nice to have just in case, but maybe we could do something for the first line and essential services such as fire, police and ambulance to nurses, doctors and care-aides. And don't forget about the stores that are left open to help with essential items. I would love to see something fun and giving to those. 

As  well something to the community that some may feel the crunch or in a rough spot too. Not everybody is in a good spot, especially if you are laid off. While others are good to go, let's remind ourselves to be nice to people (aka @tazpolish !)

@Eliza5  as far as I know those promotions were available during the last Lunar promotion. There are no such promotions presently available. Could you please link us to them? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.