Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting with you during this time

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

I hope you’re all feeling safe and healthy during these uncertain and unprecedented times. While we are all practicing physical distancing and staying home as much as we can, it is important now, more than ever, that we try to stay as connected as possible. 

Last week we announced some of the ways we’re providing support, but we’d be remiss to not recognize the unique opportunity we have here to connect with you all on the Community more socially. As always, we have The Lounge available where you can go to chat about anything you’d like, Public Mobile related or not. In addition to that, I’d like to reach out and ask you for your input: should we do anything else on the Community (such as post more blogs, contests, games, etc.) to help foster a sense of connectedness? Do you think it would be beneficial for you and the Community? If so, please let us know what you’d like to see in terms of content or activities here on the Community. 

Whether it is blogs, contests, games, something completely different or nothing at all, if there’s something you think we can do to help make physical distancing a bit easier, please let us know!

Hope you’re staying safe and healthy, everyone!

- The Public Mobile Team

53 REPLIES 53

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Eliza5 absolutely you can get these offers. Click on the question Mark and contact a mod, you can submit a ticket to talk to someone and change to whatever plan you want. 

Eliza5

Hi,

I am a newbie and was wondering if I qualify for these promotions. I was not aware of them until now.

Screenshot (108).png

Eliza5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto. Two too. Thanks PM.

@Anonymous @computergeek541  Half price? Count me in. Picked 2 up, although I will probably never use them. Score. Thanks Public Mobile!

data.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

reduced price of the 1gb data add-on.

@AnonymousThat's good news. When did the price get reduced? Do you know if this permanent or just temporary? I can't find an announcement on this.

@RobertQc 

It was noticed somehow this morning mid-morning ET by computergeek541. Perhaps he was informed as an Oracle. Or he just happened to notice that it was now $15 in Purchase Add-on and/or the Plans/Add-on page.

No mention of permanency...not likely very long. But what do I know.

Alan_K did a text mic drop acknowledging it earlier.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@AnonymousThat's good news. When did the price get reduced? Do you know if this permanent or just temporary? I can't find an announcement on this.

@RobertQc 

It was noticed somehow this morning mid-morning ET by computergeek541. Perhaps he was informed as an Oracle. Or he just happened to notice that it was now $15 in Purchase Add-on and/or the Plans/Add-on page.

There wasn't any public annoucement about this price change. As for how long this add-on offer will last, that's entirely up to Public Mobile. The add-on was no secret as even as far back as 5:45am (EDT), the $15 1GB add-on was available in the self serve accounts.  

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This happened some time slightly before 6am eastern (3am pacific). It's an unanncouced limited time price reduction and you while the website currently still says $30 (it did say $15 earlier), your self serve site will allow you to make this add-on purchase for $15.

@will13am wrote:

I am good with the community forum serving exclusively as a help forum.  I don't expect more from a service provider than their unwavering focus on providing exceptional service at the best possible value.  That said, I won't say no to the occasional contest to break the monotony.  

I also believe that this is a help forum. A social aspect wll always be present and that I just happens from people talking to each other. I don't see a need to further emphasize it. I also believe that turning this forum into more of a social gathering place will dilute and defocus the purpose of this website, and make it harder for members to get help with their Public Mobile services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc 

Eliza5

Hello,

Sorry, can't find the post in The Lounge.

@Eliza5, I wrote a post in the Lounge, with regards to getting the name on the Talent List Help for those who recently got laid off during the COVID-19 pandemic. Head over to it, and get your name on that list, or share it with others,

@Anonymous wrote:

Eliza5

Hi,

I like the idea of question of the day whether it be general knowledge or pertaining to specific topics or themes.

Perhaps even a reward for getting a certain number correct in a row.

Eliza5

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It would be fun to do games & contests.  Also trivia like Jeopardy and question of the day.

Eliza5

Hello Community,

Thank you @Tiana_V and @Alan_K for thinking of us.  I agree that staying connected is extremely important at this point for everyone and especially for those who live alone and sick.

On a positive note,  I am a newbie to PM and don't give kudos very often.

The service I received since day one has been spectacular.  The PM reps at the kiosk were very knowledgeable and set up my new phone by porting my number and taught me how to minimize my usage.  I felt they really were enthusiastic about what PM had to offer and I was really excited to get on-board.  Also, managed to refer a friend and am trying to get my spouse on board.

I have had no issues with my PM plan and the cost is reasonable.

I am always looking for great deals and reduced monthly charges where possible.

Thank you Again,

Eliza5

Eliza5

Hello Everyone,

Would be nice to have a few extra rewards at this time to reduce charges since lots of people have lost their jobs.

Thank you,

Eliza5

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you for your post and inviting suggestions. I really have no novel ideas to present but in these challenging times the connectivity is pivotal and more critical than ever before. Just ensuring that no interruptions occur in the PM network (call, text & data) would be well appreciated. Meanwhile we wish all of you to stay safe and protected. 

Eliza5

Hi,

Yes, some games and quizzes.

ELIZA5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am good with the community forum serving exclusively as a help forum.  I don't expect more from a service provider than their unwavering focus on providing exceptional service at the best possible value.  That said, I won't say no to the occasional contest to break the monotony.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiana_V , @Alan_K 

I'll take this opportunity to thank you for the reduced price of the 1gb data add-on. The roaming offer wasn't much use to me but it sure was to some and that's how all this works. Some things are good for some, other things are good for others.

Thank you

Stay well.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tiana_V  Thank you for reaching out 

Having more contests and games sounds like fun!!  That's something that will get everyone to participate 🙂

Stay Healthy, Stay Safe!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Thanks for this! Sure, more games, challenges, and blogs would be awesome. It is crucial to communicate and collaborate with each other during such times. 🙂

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the kind words @Tiana_V  hope all is well with the PM team and their families too. Stay safe. Some contest and games may help here. 

ichor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great post.  Thank you for reaching out.

I like games and contests

Need Help? Let's chat.