cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Updates - May 2020

@Tiana_V 

The only thing I miss about the bravo leaderboard is the ability to use it as a directory to find usernames to private message, tag them, correct spelling of the name etc....is their any way to get an alphabetical  directory of usernames so they could be easily looked up? Otherwise I have to search for posts/threads that I remember them posting in......

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@Tiana_V 

The only thing I miss about the bravo leaderboard is the ability to use it as a directory to find usernames to private message, tag them, correct spelling of the name etc....is their any way to get an alphabetical  directory of usernames so they could be easily looked up? Otherwise I have to search for posts/threads that I remember them posting in......

@darlicious 

As an alternative, you could create your own list of friends and it would appear on your profile page, sorted alphabetically.  When you find a person to add, simply click on the Friend button under their Contact Me section. If you've received a private message from someone previously, there is also an option to friend them from within that message. Friending does not require approval from nor affect the other person in any way and is purely for your reference.

Yes, it takes some work to collect many names the first time, but then it will be constantly available in your profile and you wouldn't have to worry about a directory or leaderboard being decommissioned eventually.  I realize this won't help when you're trying to find a person and really don't know the spelling of a name, but it's something you can compile as you go, and eventually it will be a useful personal directory limited to those you are likely to contact, without thousands of other names to sift through.  Back when private messaging was the preferred method of contacting support, some members used this feature to create friends lists consisting of Moderators & PM Team staff so we could see who was online.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, as soon as you type in the @ symbol followed by a few characters of their name, you can select the user name. That's what I normally do. 

Another thing, is open two browsers windows, one for your reply response and the other window to go to your own profile settings,  scroll down the page, and you should see the bravoes given and received, and you will also see their names too? Copy and past their names in the reply response message. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304, yep, your title does say retread! Oops, retired as of Sunday

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 1.26.48 AM.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 

Thank you....an excellent idea. I had asked about that feature awhile back and was given an answer that it didn't really have a useful function....now it does.

@mpcdesign 

I have tried that but it doesn't quite fulfill the my needs in this situation....but thx!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

@imm1304, yep, your title does say retread!

Now THATS not very nice... retread.... sheesh. 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@SD08 

I find using the “@“ symbol to find users extremely flakey on my iPad. Works sometime and not others. I kind of like the idea of trying by creating a friends list. Might give that a try.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

I agree I just tried it with  @hyT  and it took three tries with the correct letters but until the correct letter was capitalized it would not come up. Unlike your name its unique all on your own.....

BTW..,.my thread Braavo anomalies is screaming out for an inappropriate phone pic now that it's been sent to the abyss. Now I really need a "friends list" to tag anyone else I happen to know and would like to hear their take on things !

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious, Sorry to have caused you trouble trying to tag me. When I chose that user name, I had no idea it would complicate things. But since I have been using it for a couple of months now, I think I should just stick with it. If it ain't broke, I'd better not try to fix it. 😉

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hyT 

Lol...it ain't broke the username pop up box is in need of a tweek!