cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Community Updates - May 2020

Thank you @Tiana_V  and everyone at PM for acknowledging certain aspects of the community were "broken".  By removing the bravo board and macro responses this will alleviate some of the craziness of late.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Updates - May 2020tj

@z10user4 I actually started entering edit in my post because I had observed you doing it 😀 Learning for the vets here 🙂

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow I've learned what a macro is not that I quite understand it but I guess it doesn't matter cuz it's not here anymore but I kind of like the Bravos leaderboard it's like watching golf.. That  gblackma is like Tiger Woods up there all the time when's he going to get a back injury? But I guess that doesn't matter either cuz I can't follow the leader board anymore. That's okay from what I read most people support it and that's cool too.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well, this is completely irrelevant info now, but for anyone that didn't know what the macro feature was, I did a guide on a while back that may be at least mildly interesting.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HOWTO-Create-and-use-Macros-for-repetitiv...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@brettster99 wrote:

@Naepalm  I stopped for 2 days and public mobile announces these changes. 

@brettster99 pretty sure the two are unrelated in any sort of causality.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Interesting stuff. I don’t know how I miss so many new topics here. I just finished creating a topic asking if it were only me than no longer sees the Bravo Leaderboard and was directed to this topic.

I recall someone suggesting the Retired Oracles title recently... Great move!

I have been somewhat expecting the disappearance of the Leader Board for awhile now. Will see what this change looks like going forward.

My only disappointment in losing the Macro is that I finally figured out how to use it to add my “AE_Collector” signature! Couldn’t it be limited to 20 characters and maybe only 1 macro? Or provide the option of a signature line. I think it is an Oracle perk but maybe they could bestow it on us as well? 

AE_Collector (entered manually 😞 )

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

I can't help but think why bother with your "signature". It's your username up top. If you wanted to otherwise say something else then sure. But you just have your username.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I’m old school I guess...sort of like signing a letter. I frequently find myself reading someone’s post then scroll back up to see who did the writing (I see it initially before reading but it never fully registers) so I feel as though the user name in the bottom also reminds someone who wrote what they just read Before they continue down to the next post. I know, just a little thing I guess...

okay...will try not signing and see if I can sleep tonight....

Highlighted

@AE_Collector wrote:

I’m old school I guess...sort of like signing a letter. I frequently find myself reading someone’s post then scroll back up to see who did the writing (I see it initially before reading but it never fully registers) so I feel as though the user name in the bottom also reminds someone who wrote what they just read Before they continue down to the next post. I know, just a little thing I guess...

okay...will try not signing and see if I can sleep tonight....

The main reason I see to have a signature is to warn customers against sending personal info to us (in the mistaken belief that we're able to provide account assistance), which happened a lot to the most active members, especially back when private messaging was the preferred method of obtaining help, and probably still happens to some extent even now despite the advent of the SIMon bot for ticketing. That's why you'll still see some Oracles with a signature to that effect.  I avoided a signature even when I had the option because of the clutter it adds to posts, preferring instead to keep a warning note in my profile for that purpose.  Not so important for me now since I'm not as active.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Community Updates - May 2020

@mpcdesign @z10user4 I don't see why the Community site would need to display all the confidential information, but there are plenty of sites that know which service desk account belongs to whichever user account, without having to manually verify every time you have a new issue/every 72 hours. Not to mention if you have to jump through hoops to update your e-mail.

You account e-mail address that you use to log in is separate from the e-mail address on file, which is different from the community one, so not only do you have two accounts to manage, but your e-mail address is disconnected in at least three different places (that I know of).

It's undeniable that there could be improvements with how accounts are managed.

Need Help? Let's chat.