cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Community Updates - May 2020

@computergeek541 what! no pension plan for retirees? 

that's okay, cause "you have the powerrrrr!" 

Highlighted

Re: Community Updates - May 2020tj

@computergeek541  its actually smart in saving a.minute amount of server space as well. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Naepalm, this has more to do with generic messages being posted that don't answer the question or them being used to be the first person to reply at all costs, sometimes with edits being done later (after someone else has provided that answer further on in the thread).

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@Tiana_V 

1. By removing the Bravos board, you meant deleting it permanently from the forum and not hiding it from sight. Right?
  2. Its great that Retired oracles are recognized for their previous  efforts. But why the almost Oracle controls?
  3. And what constitutes a macro? Thanks. If I post an answer and keep linking to it. Is this a macro?

Thanks. Stay safe

1. Once removed, the leaderboard will not be available at all. 

2. Retired Oracles are trusted to perform critical actions such as helping to remove private info or inappropriate content from posts so that the Community can be safe and enjoyable for all users.

3. Macros are a specific capability within the Community that allow users to save templates to use and reuse. Linking to other posts is still possible. 

#2 is a nice addition, giving recognition to significant contributors.

Anyone previously using #3 will simply use another way to have canned replies, so what is the point of removing it from the forum?...And removing #1...oh well...I won't bother with this one.

So really, these changes do not amount to anything meaningful (except #2)...nothing to see here folks.

Is this just change for the sake of change, just to make it look like something useful is being done?

What about actually focusing on what truly matters and has real impact, like changing the private messaging system and its links to the customer ticketing system? Now that would be more meaningful.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr There are some behind-the-scenes differences, but most members would likely see the abilities among Oracles and Retired Oracles as largely the same.

@computergeek541   Thanks for clarifying and I was also wondering if retired oracles would have the ability to remove private info from a customer's post but TianaV has clarified in her response to gblackma that will be one of the functions you will have.  I think that's a good idea on the whole so that we can tag any of the oracles to remove those kinds of details that sometimes get posted.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Naepalm, this has more to do with generic messages being posted that don't answer the question or them being used to be the first person to reply at all costs, sometimes with edits being done later (after someone else has provided that answer further on in the thread).

And how does this change stop that? Copy and paste are still available. Nothing wrong with replying to a thread describing the solution and also use a "generic" macro to direct the OP to the next steps that need to be taken.

I guess work harder not smarter is the new approach!

Highlighted

@Naepalm  I stopped for 2 days and public mobile announces these changes. Overall I feel that this is a good step forward for everyone and I can't wait to start more regularly again

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I agree. I think doing that is a bit cheatee. Which is why I would say "Edit:" and then go on to say my change. Mostly. 🙂 (in case someone finds proof otherwise as I know I have done some inline edits beyond just typos)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I agree. I think doing that is a bit cheatee. Which is why I would say "Edit:" and then go on to say my change. Mostly. 🙂 (in case someone finds proof otherwise as I know I have done some inline edits beyond just typos)

I would agree because I'm sure I've read just a one line response before I post a response and by the time I've hit post on mine, there's a whole page of suggestions instead of the one or even two lines I saw prior.   I think changing for grammar or typos doesn't require that you add edit, but if adding additional information, then yes edit should be indicated.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great improvements to the community thank you.