Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Community Terms of Service & New Community Guidelines

But it is a Manly phone case

http://dudeliving.com/phone-holster/

And it's aged well (although the leather squeak admittedly isn't quite as exciting as it used to be).

What's not to like?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 

Lol....

Maybe it didnt like the idea of @Korth having a manly phone case?

...Python Spam sketch menu item....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

I've seen (not seen) some of my posts disappear because - I suspect - they get flagged away after edits, too many, too quick. I'm reasonably confident it's not censorship because I can still find some of my posts which offered unflattering criticisms about PM.

I have received auto-warnings about using naughty words, lol. But they didn't takedown existing posts.

PM probably also tinkers with their forum and filter setups so unstylish "spam" parameters of the time could have changed. And could always change again. Each time taking down posts which have long been considered unoffensive.

Did you edit your "missing" posts?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Editing your unmoderated items still will not allow you to post them thats why i recommend the screenshot. However I now believe the spam filter learns from each individuals posts and once a minimum amount of posts have been made it learns that youre ok....may sound strange but disappearing post bug occurs with newer or infrequent users. I have not changed my style of post and probably edit more than ever but have not lost a post since Tiana gave me the feedback on pm's study of the issue. It does still occur as evidenced by @dougc and a couple other new members recently. The cure just takes awhile to take force.......

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

"The cure just takes awhile to take force......."

And  interim  due to a excessively restrictive robotic spam filter ,   appropriately nicknamed *poof* magic dragon,  hundreds of  PM users  likely  have  exercised personal option,   and ceased to  continue to  "join the conversation"  !      

Which is a loss since a lot of them would have preferred to continue to share their information found on the web',  experiences with PM,  and work' arounds they have used.     

IMHO

dougc

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What to do with people like RaspberryQueens sending advertising to win a phone and when you follow the link... you have to sign up for a 1$ trial for 3 months ...

I am not interested in such advertising.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@guyco wrote:

What to do with people like RaspberryQueens sending advertising to win a phone and when you follow the link... you have to sign up for a 1$ trial for 3 months ...

@guyco 

They just signed up today and you're getting ads from them?

Report them.

And for heavens sake, don't follow links. Especially if you're not interested in it.

You can use the Ignore button in the private messaging system.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

And for heavens sake, don't follow links. Especially if you're not interested in it.

The moment you answer, click, or respond in any way that indicates it's an active account with somebody home ... you've signed up for a lifetime subscription to more spam from more spammers. Even the link to "unsubscribe" is a trap.

Just block, mute, and ignore. Go out of your way to send no response or recognition whatsoever. Don't worry about being rude, it's actually the rudeness of the spammers which forces your behaviour.

You can configure your messaging app to not mark items as read, to not issue any sort of receipt to the sender. So merely looking at the message won't already tip them off.

Built-in messaging apps seem to conspicuously lack this functionality, though there's still plenty of options available if you look for them.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@guyco wrote:

Hi @guyco mark those links as spam and/or block them.  As already suggested above, don't click on unknown links.  They could be virus and then there goes your phone.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth : it's why I don't download and show images in emails. They're tracked. I'm subscribed to a vendor somewhere. They send me emails somewhat frequently. They sent me one asking "We've been sending emails, but haven't seen you open any of them!". Ah ha. I replied yes please. But that tells me all I needed.

But pm's are a little different. And some time ago they used to show the whole thing in the email notification. Now they just show who from and the link to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.