Community Spotlight - Luddite

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

WPM0812-01-LithiumCommunity-Spotlight-EN.jpg

51 REPLIES 51

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No problem, @Martin.  Thanks for the update.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @srlawren,

Due to unexpected problems, unrelated to Bob and Sue et al, I need to postpone what I promised. My apologies.

Martin

srlawren

@Martin I'm on the edge of my seat here....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I sense an alien abduction story coming! Quick everyone, bring out the popcorn!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @srlawren,

I'm going to answer your question, but I first need to private message @Luddite to learn how much I can divulge about him vis-a-vis Bob and Sue and their Mother Ship. Considering that it's after 9:00 pm EST, @Luddite is surely sleeping, unless he took a swig or two of concentrated Geritol. If he did the latter, there's a strong possibility that his thinking is now clouded. As a result, I'll answer sometime tomorrow.

Hang in there!™

srlawren
Okay, I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking, but curiosity has finally gotten the better of me. What's with all the references to Bob and Sue and the mothership?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 788,

I understand that you're currently cash-poor, especially living in Raincouver.

That said, Bob and Sue are, for the time being, mediating an inter-world conflict. It is so time-consuming that Wednesday's meeting, that @Luddite and I were scheduled to attend, will most likely be postponed. Further, Bob and Sue are very benign beings, and it would unethical, in the extreme, to ask them to act in a corrupt manner.

FYI.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your exceedingly kind and generous offer. However, I regret to inform you that I am currently suffering from a high degree of broke-ness, owing to (pun intended) my problem referenced in the last post. Would you mind asking Bob and Sue for help? Maybe they'll be able to grease the palms of the WSA volunteers with something other than $500 (maybe an inverted colander made from Peruvian copper)?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're a prime candidate for the 12-step program. Unfortunately, there's a 18-month waiting list. Since I know the organizers through @Luddite, send me $500 by cheque, and I'll arrange that you're in the next program.

Sounds doable?

Cheers.

"Hi everyone. I'm 778, and I'm an Overpaying-For-Phone-Service addict."

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Luddite,

Welcome back, and congrats on being featured!

Through you're quite long in the tooth, so to speak, you might be able to use your being featured in a resume, should you decide to go job-hunting. If I were you, I would omit your experiences outrunning dinosaurs, while snacking on a Coffee Crisp. The reason is that HR folks want to know what you've done in the past 5 years, not eons ago.

With regard to your grandkids abducting you, I'm sorry to hear that. @DK, that traitor, has been known to create shape-shifters. As long as the children, whether your grandchildren or @DK's shape-shifters, treated you with the respect due to your considerable age, that's all that matters.

Coincidentally, while you were with who knows whose children, I was visiting the planet Gorgon with Bob and Sue. To say that the planet was interesting is an understatement. Its atmosphere consists entirely of sulphuric acid, and the planet surface is completely lava-covered.

Last but not least, Bob and Sue have all but openly stated that Donald Trump was in the first group to wear inverted colanders to communicate with the Mother Ship. Unfortunately, there was a serious manufacturing flaw, which predisposed wearers to outlandish beliefs and statements. All but one of those colanders were eventually collected by Bob and Sue. The only user who refused to hand over his colander was Donald Trump; his justification was that he enjoyed its effects!

That's it for now.

P.S. Don't forget Wednesday's meeting aboard the Mother Ship.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @DK, (TRAITOR!)

Please excuse the extended delay in replying to your post. It was only a few hours ago that I returned from the planet Gorgon while travelling with Bob and Sue.

Thank you for believing that @Luddite is in good company by being a Mayor, as I am.

I want you to know that I developed an upset stomach while composing this post, knowing that you're a customer of that carrier whose name starts with R and ends with S. Have you thought of joining WSA, Wireless Subscribers Anonymous, which is a 12-step program designed to help participants stop self-destructive behaviour, such as being non-PM customers? If you want further information, feel free to ask @Luddite who graduated from the program.*

* I have his permission to reveal that.

FYI.

Rockdaddy22
Congrats @Luddite great accomplishment.
I guess when you're that old, these stats are easy to come by. 😜

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats @Luddite. You are in good company! @Martin

Many thanks for all the good wishes.

I was a bit late picking them as I was abducted by my grandchildren; at least that's who they claimed to be. Since I was without my colander I could not check with the mother ship, nor with @Martin, so am just riding out the experience for the weekend.

Hang in there*, all.

* By permission of the authour.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

Congrats @Luddite!!!

Sounds to me like a Deputy Mayor slot just opened up! *hint hint*

DonS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

congrats!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Luddite 🙂

Congratulations and enjoy your new Mayor's status!!

Cheers 😄

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Luddite,

Congratulations!

I'll convey the good news to Bob and Sue of the Mother Ship. I know that they will be very happy to hear it.

Cheers.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Congrats 🙂

He sure deserves it.

Need Help? Let's chat.