cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

d_estrela
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Congratulations everyone. 🙂

@AE_Collector  

Did you get yours yet? Nothing for me so far.

Wonder when the 1 gig will be credited to the accounts? Maybe the new Oracle's could check their Oracle forums 🤔 see if anything is mentioned. 

Unless I answered the skill testing question wrong. Was a huge brain twister 😂 lol

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector I have not modified anything in the forms, I put my information in it...

@stevenanto 

“Modified” what you entered into the forms. 

AE_Collector

stevenanto

@AE_Collector What do you mean by gamed the system?

I have responded to Catherine but have yet to receive a response. 

@stevenanto 

Then you are a “back up” winner... one or more initial winners didn’t respond to their “you won” message in the first couple of days so they are drawing more names to fill the empty spots.

There is no “transfer” the award, they typically dont do that. But as @darlicious  and @Jb456 pointed out, you could have gamed the system a little bit possibly to move it elsewhere. It’s tricky though as you could wind up with nothing. It’s only 1 Gb....

AE_Collector

stevenanto

@Jb456 @darlicious @AE_Collector Yes that is the exact form that I received. I filled it out and all but didnt see anything about being able to transfer it to someone else. I literally received the email at around noon yesterday so I had until January 9th until midnight to fill it out.

@stevenanto  I won the 1 gig as well (if that is the one you're asking about) You had to submit the forum by Jan 6th 11:59 PM EST.

Nothing on the forum to transfer to another member. Unless maybe PM can do that for you if you open a ticket and ask I don't know.

PS. If you still have the message in your inbox and click the link it still opens up but all that was on the forum were.

• Name
  • Username
  • Address
  • City
  • Province
  • Postal code
  • Email
  • Answer skill testing question
  • Today's date
  • Print name in block letters
  • Declaration & release terms in English/French
  • Click to agree

@stevenanto 

I'm pretty sure you can...I can't quite remember what the form looks like but as long as you know your intended recipients info that they are asking for on the form it should be transferred into their account no problem. You could always message Catherine_T to be sure.

@stevenanto 

I’m not certain how this works when you fill in the forms. I gave mine to my wife but ... that was easy to accomplish since I have her email registered for my community activity so that any community rewards go to her PM account.

AE_Collector

stevenanto

Woohoo, can’t believe I won, I usually never win anything. Thank you for choosing me. 

Would it be possible to give my 1gb of data to someone else? I don’t think I’ll end up using it..

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My congratulations to all the winners! Happy New Year!

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So sweet of you! 😘

xoxo

@_Daniel_ 

Nicely said.....I've started out the year by putting the right foot in my mouth when I should have left foot kicking my assumptions to the door of no return.     sigh*

_Daniel_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is the Achilles heal of text communication... no body language, no verbal queues, no inflections, etc... that often can be subject to interpretation... especially with all the extra pressures and discomforts in society today that have people on edge for one reason or another... things get off the rails.

i think some stresses needed to be released... and sometimes its hard to control when, where, and how they do... and at the end of the day, sometimes all we can do is own up to how stressed we and pretty much everyone around us are... and share a bit of compassion for one another, and ourselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Cheers

@Anonymous 

/sláinte

Edit:

I would have thought it was obvious but (I'm not sorry if I correctly) assigned you with a keener sense of complex thinking......that takes a little more time to get going in the morning.  I' m not all that clever at that time either!  Two peas in a pod my brotha from another motha....next you"ll tell me you're a scorpio born in the year of the monkey.

@Anonymous 

This would be a lot easier if i could just make you a nice cappuccino served with a peace of community pie.....I'm thinking Butter-u-up-with-scotch mousse pie?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : What would I apologize for? You put in your bit of snark about a "complaintant". I think I'm the only one that has written any kind of "complaint". So who's right foot is starting the new year? Or will it just be a continuation.

I've also written that it's only a gig of data. Not the end of the world. The other gift card draw seems much more likely to be fair. These posting entries are not.

@Anonymous 

I do believe it was Tiana that answered the question. If I happen to wander thru that area of posts I will keep my eye out for you......we have to nake sure we start out a new year on the right foot... right?  I hardly think it takes much of a program to extract and enter an email once and reject any repeats.

I'll expect a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates with that apology shall I? I'm partial to peonies and purdy's. Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : This "same complaintant" asks - how do you come to know that that is the method? You asked one mod? You and I both know all too well that different mods very often say different things. Were you pestering the likes of Tiana or Catherine etc prying out the method?

I hardly think the seeming budget around here would pay someone to be sure everything's on the up and up.

My short memory has no recollection of this being answered long ago. My deepest and humblest apologies if it had. /s

stevenanto

First world problems lol

@LurganIeUk 

Same debate, same complaintant, same skill testing question, one year later.....I guess covid 19 really does bring on brain fog. For those concerned, with short memories, the curious, the new ones or the old ones this has already been answered....it goes by email. Once you post the email associated with your community profile is noted and entered into the contest....once....after that it doesnt matter how many times you post you are only entered once.

Come on folks. I doubt if they are reading in the same format as what we see.  Likely they can do a sort by user name and then another by bravos and by ones that are comments to a post and what ever other criteria helps them narrow down to a list to select from. 

edit. And if you did your one post for your favourite Christmas memory and did a comment only for another post......that may have eliminated you. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Since any post in the topic was considered an entry I have just disqualified myself by posting that I won! well, maybe not assuming it was cut off on Dec 31. But then again I posted a couple extra times commenting about posts of others I think so that apparently did not disqualify me automatically. I guess they must have someone other than SIMon scanning the posts, making a list and checking it twice.

I wouldn't think that anyone would have been disqualified for posting more than one message. However, no matter how many messages were posted, it should have only been counted as one entry. 

that's my take too... I think they will simply count each entrant once... otherwise anyone answering a question in this thread after already posting to enter would be disqualified  😕  Not likely... after all, we are just talking about 1GB of data... not something that will change anyone's life or anything 😉

@LurganIeUk  @Jb456 @AE_Collector 

Congrats guys so richly deserved.....checked on 8 accounts and no winners and 4 others did not post.  There's always hoping to win an amazon card.....or one of my friends!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Since any post in the topic was considered an entry I have just disqualified myself by posting that I won! well, maybe not assuming it was cut off on Dec 31. But then again I posted a couple extra times commenting about posts of others I think so that apparently did not disqualify me automatically. I guess they must have someone other than SIMon scanning the posts, making a list and checking it twice.

I wouldn't think that anyone would have been disqualified for posting more than one message. However, no matter how many messages were posted, it should have only been counted as one entry. 

@Anonymous 

Since any post in the topic was considered an entry I have just disqualified myself by posting that I won! well, maybe not assuming it was cut off on Dec 31. But then again I posted a couple extra times commenting about posts of others I so that apparently did not disqualify me automatically. I guess they must have someone other than SIMon scanning the posts, making a list and checking it twice.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@pm-smayer97  maybe a bit less. The spoiler says one entry accepted. So maybe people that did multiple posts got disqualified.

While it's only a gig of data, I sure hope so. Entirely disqualified even if their name comes up again. I scrupulously stay away from these draw threads other than my entry.

The other Amazon draw at least was limited to customers.

@pm-smayer97  maybe a bit less. The spoiler says one entry accepted. So maybe people that did multiple posts got disqualified.

Need Help? Let's chat.