cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Check out our new Help Videos!

@RossN wrote:

I will keep it short and sweet,sorry but the videos really suck!! I hope you didn't pay anyone to make them  lol

Of course they didn't, PM doesn't spend too much money on making those vids so we can pay less on our plans!!!

Mayor / Maire

My comments are mostly the same than what was said.

Another example of the pace being too fast, I only saw the "just leave apartment and suite number blank" note the second time I watched the video. That note should be said out loud. 

Same thing for what was said about the "change plan now" being showed to people without warning of any type. 

Furthermore, the video about rewards has a lot of background noise, and it is not realistic nor honest to mention $20 for community reward for the target audience of these videos. 

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

The announcer was too fast, the music was too much.  I agree with all that has already been said.

A howto vidéo should be 3-5 minutes in length, focused on one subject, and spoken at a pace about about a word every 2 seconds.  These need to be instructional, and should also be.captioned, and bilingual.

Have you ever seen a 5 minute commercial before?  

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

The announcer was too fast, the music was too much.  I agree with all that has already been said.

A howto vidéo should be 3-5 minutes in length, focused on one subject, and spoken at a pace about about a word every 2 seconds.  These need to be instructional, and should also be.captioned, and bilingual.

Have you ever seen a 5 minute commercial before?  

Are these commercials?  It sure seems as if they are. To me, it seems as if the whole messages is to say "look how easy everything is" to the potential new customer.  My understanding of the new help pages was that customers didn't like how the emphasis on community members helping each other turned in one big rewards advertisement and the potential $0 plan.  Yet, the rewards "help" video seemd to just do it all over again.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm glad I'm reading all the comments on the pitfalls to look for when changing plans, rather on just relying on the video!  I haven't watched the videos, so can't comment on the actual videos. :-P  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The music should be removed from the videos -- annoying and distracting.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I like the idea of videos and these videos are a good starting point.

Hopefully PM will consider some of the community's feedback and continue to create more of the same.

Thanks PM!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K very catchy advertising with a hint of help.  Although I enjoyed watching the videos very much, very funny and light, I'm not sure if these tackle some of the true issues people are having.  Although you can't put everything into a video, because if you did it'll turn into a 10 minute video that nobody will watch, maybe having a more comprehensive pdf manual somewhere for people to go to and scroll through the menu to find what they need (or lok through table of contents), kind of like a vehicle owner's manual.  That might be helpful and cover the more complicated situations that these videos don't mention.

But I will say definitely a nice first crack at it.

Mayor / Maire

@Someone_here wrote:

Another example of the pace being too fast, I only saw the "just leave apartment and suite number blank" note the second time I watched the video. That note should be said out loud. 

@Someone_here oh there was a visual note?  I was too distracted wondering if the credit card number used was an actual valid number (most marketing material use an ovbiously fake CC number, but this one looked like it might belong to someone!) and then they moved on.  It most assuredly should have been mentioned verbally!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@Someone_here oh there was a visual note?  I was too distracted wondering if the credit card number used was an actual valid number (most marketing material use an ovbiously fake CC number, but this one looked like it might belong to someone!) and then they moved on.  It most assuredly should have been mentioned verbally!

I actually asked around as a joke if anyone had tried using that credit card number. I too, only noticed the card number and nothing else on the screen.