cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out our new Help Videos!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We know that everyone takes in information differently- and so a while ago, following the launch of our new Help Articles, we reached out to you to ask about which ones you’d like to see become videos.

We hope you enjoy these videos as much as we do- We love that they’re snappy, fun, and easy to digest. Plus, they’re super easy to share with others! So, the next time a friend’s got a question related to these topics, feel free to send them a video!

Without further ado, here they are:

Video

YouTube Link

Self-Serve Account Management

Watch

How to use your Phone & Plan Features

Watch

Rewards

Watch

For now, you’ll find our Help Videos on our YouTube page. Keep your eyes peeled for when they make their way into our Get Help page and all sorts of other places 🙂

Let us know what you think down below!

-Public Mobile Community Team

27 REPLIES 27

nelliott17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, thanks for sharing 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Fergusson wrote:

I like this kind of video. Not commercial and fun to watch but most importantly, it gets the message across. Good job.

@Fergusson what was the message that came across to you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Nice video.  Good for new user. Smiley Happy

mimmo

Wow finally watched the videos. I echo the reviews above.  Definaty not really helpful.  

Liked how the 25 +25 refer a friend promo was visable on the self serve. And not really sure how Hotspoting was a plan feature. 

I think some of these are actually better/more informative  as help videos :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHbFXfETAs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pIf6L4hyFhc 

@kav2001c wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

The announcer was too fast, the music was too much.  I agree with all that has already been said.

A howto vidéo should be 3-5 minutes in length, focused on one subject, and spoken at a pace about about a word every 2 seconds.  These need to be instructional, and should also be.captioned, and bilingual.

Have you ever seen a 5 minute commercial before?  

Lots of times?

Even some online streaming services let you view a longplay commercial to then watch your show uninterupted

Tons of movie trailers are in the 5 minute mark if you still go to the theatres as well

At a movie theatre I expect 5 minute trailers, so that’s helpful for me when I want to see what is coming.

If I want a help video, I am looking for step-by-step instructions, with gothchas and tips for why I might choose one option vs the other.  5 minutes can be a game changer when used wisely.

Fergusson

I like this kind of video. Not commercial and fun to watch but most importantly, it gets the message across. Good job.

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

The announcer was too fast, the music was too much.  I agree with all that has already been said.

A howto vidéo should be 3-5 minutes in length, focused on one subject, and spoken at a pace about about a word every 2 seconds.  These need to be instructional, and should also be.captioned, and bilingual.

Lots of times?

Even some online streaming services let you view a longplay commercial to then watch your show uninterupted

Tons of movie trailers are in the 5 minute mark if you still go to the theatres as well

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I like the fact you added the timestamps as if someone was looking for a specific feature they wouldn't watch entire video

Having seperate videos though would also let you see which features / issues are more prevelant among your users though

@srlawren wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

Another example of the pace being too fast, I only saw the "just leave apartment and suite number blank" note the second time I watched the video. That note should be said out loud. 

@Someone_here oh there was a visual note?  I was too distracted wondering if the credit card number used was an actual valid number (most marketing material use an ovbiously fake CC number, but this one looked like it might belong to someone!) and then they moved on.  It most assuredly should have been mentioned verbally!

I actually asked around as a joke if anyone had tried using that credit card number. I too, only noticed the card number and nothing else on the screen.

srlawren

@Someone_here wrote:

Another example of the pace being too fast, I only saw the "just leave apartment and suite number blank" note the second time I watched the video. That note should be said out loud. 

@Someone_here oh there was a visual note?  I was too distracted wondering if the credit card number used was an actual valid number (most marketing material use an ovbiously fake CC number, but this one looked like it might belong to someone!) and then they moved on.  It most assuredly should have been mentioned verbally!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dna2016

@Alan_K very catchy advertising with a hint of help.  Although I enjoyed watching the videos very much, very funny and light, I'm not sure if these tackle some of the true issues people are having.  Although you can't put everything into a video, because if you did it'll turn into a 10 minute video that nobody will watch, maybe having a more comprehensive pdf manual somewhere for people to go to and scroll through the menu to find what they need (or lok through table of contents), kind of like a vehicle owner's manual.  That might be helpful and cover the more complicated situations that these videos don't mention.

But I will say definitely a nice first crack at it.

TheOldVR

I like the idea of videos and these videos are a good starting point.

Hopefully PM will consider some of the community's feedback and continue to create more of the same.

Thanks PM!

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The music should be removed from the videos -- annoying and distracting.

Lolow

I'm glad I'm reading all the comments on the pitfalls to look for when changing plans, rather on just relying on the video!  I haven't watched the videos, so can't comment on the actual videos. 😛  

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Are these commercials?  It sure seems as if they are. To me, it seems as if the whole messages is to say "look how easy everything is" to the potential new customer.  My understanding of the new help pages was that customers didn't like how the emphasis on community members helping each other turned in one big rewards advertisement and the potential $0 plan.  Yet, the rewards "help" video seemd to just do it all over again.

@stonechucker wrote:

My comments are mostly the same than what was said.

Same thing for what was said about the "change plan now" being showed to people without warning of any type. 

Furthermore, the video about rewards has a lot of background noise, and it is not realistic nor honest to mention $20 for community reward for the target audience of these videos. 

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RossN wrote:

I will keep it short and sweet,sorry but the videos really suck!! I hope you didn't pay anyone to make them  lol

Of course they didn't, PM doesn't spend too much money on making those vids so we can pay less on our plans!!!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I will keep it short and sweet,sorry but the videos really suck!! I hope you didn't pay anyone to make them  lol

I see these videos as marketing tools.  

For the rewards video, I can't see many people keeping track of the calculations in their heads, and the example used again of how customers can get a $0 plan seems more of a commercial than anything else.

In my opinion, the other two videos are better, but go through so many topics in such a fast pace, that essentially nothing was demonstrated in any in depth detail.  Less is more in this case.  I also see the multiple topics in each video just confusing customers more.

It almost seems as if you snap your fingers and it's all done.  I believe that people who understand most of the content in these videos will have already been familiar with Public Mobile.  I'm not so sure the new customer is going to be able to digest all this.

Just watched the videos and in agreement with everyone here.  I found them a way to fast paced to actually be a help video.  The change plan will just anger people when they are asked to pay again.  I am knowledgeable and comfortable with the self-serve and still found it fast to follow.  I found it more of a commercial than a help video

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@Alan_K I have to echo @Anonymous and @popping :  the self-serve account management video is going to do more harm than good becuase it doesn't talk about the two options for plan changes and the implication of doing an immediate plan change.  You are setting up the moderator team and community for a flood of people that will not understand why they have been charged again and wondering where their refund is for unused portions.  Also:  when talking about setting up the credit card you should mention that the name and address have to match up exactly like they display on your credit card statements.  

Don't even get me started on the rewards video.  Sorry, it's pretty dreadful.  And what is he talking about as long as his referrals stay active they both save?  No, only the person who referred the new customer.  

For overall tone, I have to agree with @will13am also that these are more glossy/marketingy than actually HELPful.  Sorry.

EDIT: I'm going to elaborate on this last point.  These videos don't actually tell you how to do anything, or offer tips on things that commonly lead to issues and confusion (entering your credit card info, filling out the porting form, options for changing your plan now or later and what they do, etc etc).  Thus, these are not help videos, they are just marketing promos.  

EDIT 2: if you'd like some examples of how confusing the plan change system is and why you need some how videos around it, let's start with this current example: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Changing-Plans-before-current-expires-unable-to-do-so/m-p/246974/highlight/true#M28972.  I can start tagging you on every instance of this confusion that I see if you like, @Alan_K !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I find these videos contain too much of a "marketing spin" as if focused on telling customers what this service offers rather than a theme of providing how to help.  The discussion is way too fast for a new customers to take in everything.  The topics are not covered exhaustively.  Other members already picked up on the need to cover both immediate and future dated plan change with detailed explanation of both with ramifications. 

popping

One of the video shows plan change now without explaning the pitfalls of chancing plan on a prepaid plan.  Big NO refund of unused days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K 

Further ado should be taken for fixing the autopay issues.

The first video demonstrates a change plan. It directs the viewer to do change plan now. This should have a warning in the video. The demonstration should really direct the viewer to change plan at next renewal.

The announcer uses a little too much vocal fry a little too frequently for my liking. But that's just me.

Other than those two nitpicks...nice.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Videos are a great idea.  Maybe they should also be posted under Knowledge base and getting started.

They did seemed to be fast paced and announcer's voice had the tone of an infomercial.

Need Help? Let's chat.