Re: Changes to select bonus data and promotions

koodo is contract 1 or 2 years

PM, no trap, pay per months or 3 months

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fonzy35 wrote:

koodo is contract 1 or 2 years

PM, no trap, pay per months or 3 months

PM is amazing.  Switched _from_ Koodo.  Cheaper, and you get more for your money.  I never really had a problem with Koodo, but at the end of the day, money talks.

Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile didn't have "Bonus" anything until this year.  It's an advertising gimmick they've picked up from the other carriers who just love bonuses.  The difference here is, the bonus does not seem to disappear from your plan at the end of a period of time like the often do elsewhere.

I've not looked at the websites for baby blue nor baby red recently, but I'm betting they've got bonus plans still, and language to say that something expires after x number of months/years/eons.

Mayor / Maire

I had many problems with Koodo Cat Mad

I started using Public way back in the day as they were the only new entrant who had coverage in both Toronto and Montreal

Even today Freedom has no zones in Quebec and no spectrum since Videotron grabbed it all

@drmartin wrote:

PM is amazing.  Switched _from_ Koodo.  Cheaper, and you get more for your money.  I never really had a problem with Koodo, but at the end of the day, money talks.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

soo I'm guessing this doesn't affect any current 4G plan customers....

TMS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RobertQc wrote:

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community,

With the change of seasons, we also have some changes to bonus data and promotions. Last night, as you may have noticed, we discontinued the following promotional plans:

• $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, have no fear. For starters, we’ve made the decision to offer something similar to the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed promotion available in the calculator as $50 for 6 GB + 2 GB BONUS at 3G speed. To check out the other changes, all of which are taking effect today, please check out our plans page at publicmobile.ca/plans  or by selecting plans from the top header of our site. 

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs below or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the promotional plans. At my next payment due date, am I required to select a new plan?

If you would like to continue on your current plan at your payment date, no change is required.

I am currently on one of the promotional plans, and am considering switching to another plan. If I don’t like my new plan can I simply switch back to the promotional plan I was on?

The short answer is no. After changing your plan, you can only change to another in-market plan. For example, this means that, if you’re currently on the $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed plan, then switch to a new plan, you would lose access to the $45 for 6GB at 3G speeds offer.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

●     $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

●     $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

●     $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have setup  a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

How do I change my plan? What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here

@Brooke_CPlease give the regular users a deal next time, its always "big data" plans, where is the deals on $20-30 even $35 for users without much data needs. This is supposed to be public mobile, "less for less" but its always "more for more" .... "more money for more data"

Agreed! Thanks for this being mentioned. 

TMS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

So the big gig deal is still alive and well but packaged differently.  It would be nice to see a bit of love for the lighter users.

I appreciate this comment. Thanks. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The promotion is back on, got the 4.5G 3g for $40 today