cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

Re: Changes to select bonus data and promotions

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Brooke_C, thanks for the update and it is great to see the 8GB (6+2) is still available for $50.  Is the bonus 2GB a limited time offer?

Yup, it's technically a limited time offer!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

Not bad.  The $50 plan is the same.  The $40 plans are a bit more expensive.

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed ----> now available for $45 for 4.0 + 1 GB

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed-----> now available for $45 for 4.0 + 1 GB

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed (with US calling) ---->  $40 for 6.0 + 2 GB

Hi @Dunkman and @mimmo_L

Some lower price options/ special plans i'd suggest:

$15 for text only (which might be $13 with autopay reward).

(similar to Koodo pre-paid which is $15-10% with auto-pay).  Customer could add-on minutes or data as needed/ emergencies.

2. I like the $10 50/50 plan (& in fact young daughter is managing it very well & working on getting my dad to switch from Speakout) but would be nice to see either:

2i) text add-on for the $10 50/50: (as can add some minutes or data now)

or

2ii) plan ~ $15-$20 for something like 100+ texts/ 100 minutes/ 250Mb data (like Freedoms $15 Home plan ($20-$5 auto pay) which has unlimited text/ 100 minutes (unltd incoming) /250Mb)

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's okey, if promotion stays forever, then it's not a promotion. Definitely that had to end, hopeful that something new would come up, holiday season is coming and it should be there. Happy to be there with PM

Mayor / Maire

@Shapla001  as mentioned before basically look at what chatr and lucky offer in terms of promos and PM will probably follow...  or vice versa  

@mimmo_L wrote:

@Shapla001  as mentioned before basically look at what chatr and lucky offer in terms of promos and PM will probably follow...  or vice versa  

I am definitely in favour of PM, I usually don't consider Chatr (Robbers) and Lucky (Robbers - Resurrection) as comparison to PM, due to :

1.   Their plans, which are usually similar/close in price point with PM, but, in zone only. Thats a big restriction. Personally, I suffered a lot once I was with migratory Chatr from Mobilicity. At this era, I would never think of limitation in terms of zones. That's really mean.

2.   I have experienced Chatr 3G speed, real slow.

However, my point was - all good promo plans have a lifecycle, from seller's point of view, as well as buyer's point of view. Thereby, these promos 0f 40 and 45 has to come to an end. I personally welcome this ending, with a hope of new beginning with real competition with ROBBERS and their sequels.

Cheers

Mayor / Maire

@Shapla001 wrote:

I am definitely in favour of PM, I usually don't consider Chatr (Robbers) and Lucky (Robbers - Resurrection) as comparison to PM, due to :

I personally welcome this ending, with a hope of new beginning with real competition with ROBBERS and their sequels.

Lucky Mobile isn't Rogers. It's owned by Bell.

Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C

I have to ask why?

What is the difference in a $50 plan with 8GB vs a $50 plan with 6GB + 2GB?

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community,

With the change of seasons, we also have some changes to bonus data and promotions. Last night, as you may have noticed, we discontinued the following promotional plans:

• $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, have no fear. For starters, we’ve made the decision to offer something similar to the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed promotion available in the calculator as $50 for 6 GB + 2 GB BONUS at 3G speed. To check out the other changes, all of which are taking effect today, please check out our plans page at publicmobile.ca/plans  or by selecting plans from the top header of our site. 

I almost went with Lucky until I checked out PM forums and all their specials.  Then the choice was clear for me.  I got two other friends and two other family members to join.  I'm just waiting for my two Bell accounts to expire before I can jump to PM.

Long live PM!  Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@Brooke_C

I have to ask why?

What is the difference in a $50 plan with 8GB vs a $50 plan with 6GB + 2GB?

I think we both know that there is no difference. 

The way I see it, 6+2 is just so that it can be advertised as a bonus.  When they original started offering the $50 promotional plan with 8GB, they marketted it as a brand new plan.  And it was a new plan, because this plan originally did not include U.S. calling.  Being a brand new plan, they can't really call that 2GB part a bonus when the plan never existed to begin with. That's the way I see it at least.   I compare that to the situation where a store can't advertise an inflated regular price unless they at least once point sold the product for that price.