cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Changes to our Support structure

Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

In order to best assist you, we are making some customer support changes in the coming days.

Great question! A couple of reasons why we decided to make the change:

• Very few customers were using web forms
  • Most of the web form questions we received were general inquiries; with answers that can be found in our Community.

sorry but the reson no one used the wen form was because most othe time the answeres/solutions were usless and incomplete. it was mostly used for issues dealing with payment, money and severe system problems. Everthing else was done on here

I always thought it was people in the call centre at Telus doing tthem thats why no real effort was put into it. Well that was my experience at the beginning when I had problems. Sorry to hurt any of the offical PM moderators (Jermey etc.) feelings if they were the ones actually handling them....which I doubt
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Increase the cost of plans and decrease accessibility of customer support.
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW price hike is definite, yes.  (Though of course, not for existing, grandfathered customers that wish to stay on their previous plans.)  I suppose you could argue that the accessibility of support has been decreased but I think this particular "con" is actually a "pro" in the long run.  We're seeing way more moderators online and I think the support efforts are more focused and targetted now.  They now have one channel to intake and track, and more people supporting that channel than the previous multiple channels each had.  I'm hopful this change is for the positive.  Though yes, I hate the price hikes as much as everyone else!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@Crackmacs not sure why you keep re-posting this obviously incorrect idea (you have exact same post multiple times over last 2 weeks)

Praising the Mods does not give any additional rewards

The link you post below is exactly the reason why the change was made

Many people were trying all kinds of stuff, tagging every mod in sight, pm whoever was online, filing out an email a fb message a tweet and whatever else

The confusion to the customers especially when a person did get service is why this was killed

Since each support channel appeared to have its own queue filling out multiple channels clogged up system far worse which delayed others and prompted even more multiple complaints

Crackmacs wrote:

Not sure why everyone is so excited about this change. Sucking up for forum points? Smiley Tongue

Here's a pretty good example https://twitter.com/AQYoung/status/886580167505739778 - a customer tried to use the forums and 36 hours without a response, sends a couple tweets, staff member gets back to him and fills him in on things. Killing this kind of thing isn't going to instill confidence in any one. 

Re-think this.

Oracle

That's the point, the customer wouldn't of had to wait 36 hours to here back. These new changes should prevent that kind of stuff from happening.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kav2001c never said anything about praising the moderators? Just noticed a big uptick in people praising PM (the company, not the moderators) rather than being critical of poor decisions. Then there's people like yourself that will come to their defense seemingly no matter what they do. Offering an incentive to pad your post count seems to be directly related to it. Have you ever used forums for a service provider before? Check out Shaw's community forums for example - they have no incentive to post, and no sucking up, and no fanboys, other than the employees. 

I haven't posted the exact same post multiple times. I guess it doesn't matter though even if I had, the more the merrier right? Let's get those community rewards rather than sharing opinions.

Whatever bizarre excuses you can come up to blindly praise Public Mobile with doesn't really matter, killing off social media support in 2017 (while increasing prices at the same time) is not courageous, it's foolish.  

Oracle

Do you really think most people come here for the few dollars lol You obviously haven't been reading much around here lately, %90 has been negative on the new plans and price changes.

The changes to the support structure are a different story, most see it as a positive change. Of course a bunch disagree and that's ok. We don't have to defend PM to up are post count or whatever.

I've been with PM since Beta, Jeremy was personally a big help when I signed up. Ever since then I've supported the company big time, it's my choice to be a fanboy. It's definitely not for the money 💰 lol
Mayor / Maire

@Rockdaddy22 I'd hate to figure out the equivalent salary rate for what we can earn in community rewards!  I think for myself at least it would probably come in somewhere near a quarter an hour, based on the amount of time I end up here in a typical week.  Definitely no more than $0.50 an hour.  I could make more collecting pop bottles or asking people if they want fries with thier Big Mac.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren I actually posted to @Crackmacs in the other thread he would make more money collecting shopping carts at his local grocery store than wasting time posting fake positive things on the forums (although Debbie Downers could certainly bravo each others negative posts as well this fact seems to have been overlooked)

I can't even begin to imagine the conspiracy theories some people come up with

debbie-downer

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now this doesn't really affect me because once everything is working I rarely ever need to contact support.  But when I have, it has always been through the Community.  

However, with that said, I had no idea of this change until I randomly visited this just now.  With something as big as support, couldn't this be communicated in other ways as well to ensure everyone gets it?