cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

I think this is a great idea, it's always very important to verify that you are speaking to the right person.  From a privacy perspective this is something that should have been implemented awhile ago, but better late than never.  

 

Good job PM.

Oracle

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner


@TMS wrote:

Live chat would help this whole conundrum, as long as there isn’t a 1 hour delay. 

 

 


I kind of hinted at that as a "natural" progression for evolution of customer service here.  The verification approach makes sense provided that it is automated so that this new process does not add to an already very slow response.  Back in the day when response times were in the order of an hour or two, I don't see this to be a problem but with response times being days, anything that can lengthen response is not good. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner


@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

 

Respecting your privacy and taking great care to safeguard your personal information is of utmost importance to us. Along these lines, we are introducing an enhancement to how we verify that you’re the account owner. This new process provides even more security for your private information and reduces the time you’ll spend with our Moderator Team confirming you are the account owner.  

 

Starting December 21, 2018, here’s how the new process will work:

 

  1. After you privately message our Moderator Team about a question that requires you to verify that you are the account owner, our support team will reply with a unique link to a secure online form.
  2. You will need to provide either your Public Mobile:
    1. Self-Serve username and password, or
    2. Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
  3. If you are unable to verify using the options above, our Moderator Team will share an alternative option we have available for you.
  4. After you’ve provided the information, please reply to the existing private message thread you have with our Moderator Team, and they will provide you with full support.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team

 

 

FAQs

Spoiler

Q: What are some examples of requests that require me to confirm I am the account owner before a Moderator can help me?

A: Here are a couple of examples:

  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.
  • Your earned Rewards are not showing up.
  • You need further assistance with your number transfer from another phone carrier.

 

Q: I’ve found myself in the scenario where I don’t have access to my phone and I can’t recall my Self-Serve username and password. How can I confirm that I’m the account owner in this circumstance?

A: Great question. We hope that you don’t find yourself in this situation, but, if you’re in this pickle, we do have a solution for you. First, if you are unable to authenticate because you’ve forgotten your Self-Serve password, please try resetting it here. If this doesn’t resolve things, please let our Moderator Team know that you’ll need to validate using an alternative method.

Q: Where can I read more about Public Mobile’s privacy policies?

A: Your privacy is important to us, and we’re committed to protecting your personal information. In addition, we believe that an important part of protecting privacy is to be clear about how we handle customers' personal information, and to make information about our approach easily accessible. To learn more about how Public Mobile and its affiliated companies use personal information for client service, marketing and product development purposes, you can review our Privacy Policy.

 



@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

 

Respecting your privacy and taking great care to safeguard your personal information is of utmost importance to us. Along these lines, we are introducing an enhancement to how we verify that you’re the account owner. This new process provides even more security for your private information and reduces the time you’ll spend with our Moderator Team confirming you are the account owner.  

 

Starting December 21, 2018, here’s how the new process will work:

 

  1. After you privately message our Moderator Team about a question that requires you to verify that you are the account owner, our support team will reply with a unique link to a secure online form.
  2. You will need to provide either your Public Mobile:
    1. Self-Serve username and password, or
    2. Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
  3. If you are unable to verify using the options above, our Moderator Team will share an alternative option we have available for you.
  4. After you’ve provided the information, please reply to the existing private message thread you have with our Moderator Team, and they will provide you with full support.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team

 

 

FAQs

Spoiler

Q: What are some examples of requests that require me to confirm I am the account owner before a Moderator can help me?

A: Here are a couple of examples:

  • You would like to change your Self-Serve email address, or make other Self-Serve account changes that you are unable to do yourself.
  • Your earned Rewards are not showing up.
  • You need further assistance with your number transfer from another phone carrier.

 

Q: I’ve found myself in the scenario where I don’t have access to my phone and I can’t recall my Self-Serve username and password. How can I confirm that I’m the account owner in this circumstance?

A: Great question. We hope that you don’t find yourself in this situation, but, if you’re in this pickle, we do have a solution for you. First, if you are unable to authenticate because you’ve forgotten your Self-Serve password, please try resetting it here. If this doesn’t resolve things, please let our Moderator Team know that you’ll need to validate using an alternative method.

Q: Where can I read more about Public Mobile’s privacy policies?

A: Your privacy is important to us, and we’re committed to protecting your personal information. In addition, we believe that an important part of protecting privacy is to be clear about how we handle customers' personal information, and to make information about our approach easily accessible. To learn more about how Public Mobile and its affiliated companies use personal information for client service, marketing and product development purposes, you can review our Privacy Policy.

 


 

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

Why can’t there be a live chat with queue for only customers of public mobile?

 

EDIT: PM would only require two Mods working 9am-9pm EST to cover all of Canada 🇨🇦. Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner


@TMS wrote:

Why can’t there be a live chat with queue for only customers of public mobile?

 

EDIT: PM would only require two Mods working 9am-9pm EST to cover all of Canada 🇨🇦. Smiley Happy


@TMSThis would be great, but might be pretty hard to implement. What happens when there is 4219 people queued in line at 6pm and they can handle about 40 requests per hour? At 9pm when they close does it drop all the people waiting and say "sorry, the mods went home, sorry you waited in line for 11 hours try again tomorrow" What happens if at 8:55pm I click live chat and they have 4000 people still waiting?

 

If its not 24/7 there would have to be some way for the chat to only accept a certain number of queued members so they could not only go home at the end of a shift but also not make us sit there all day. So it will ultimately end up when you click live chat "Sorry, all queued spots are full try again later" it would be so frustrating to sit there and keep trying to get a spot you may never get. To be honest, I would prefer sending one message in a ticket system with some sort of ETA / how many requests are infront of you and not having to check back until I am notified with their response or solution.

 

I am not a fan of outsourcing but if public mobile has to pay say $40,000 per support agent it makes sense to keep it tight we are a budget provider the cost is so low... but when you can hire a service in India that will charge you pennies on the dollar maybe its time to look into a 3rd party company to deal with live chat.

 

When it takes a week to get a response from the moderator team simply changing the method of contact isin't going to speed things up,at the end of the day fixing self serve glitches, giving customers more self-serve abilities and increasing support staff is the only thing thats going to really help imo.

 

 

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

@RobertQc

 

LOL 😂  “4219 in queue”.  

 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

gee it wou;ld be nice just to get some service I have been trying for over two weeks now!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner


@RossN wrote:

gee it wou;ld be nice just to get some service I have been trying for over two weeks now!


@RossN 1) what's the issue you're having?  And 2) did you send a private message to the moderator team?  Please see here for more info:  How to Get Help


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

A ticketing system would be ideal.

Retraité / Retired

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

Hey @VERYANGRY,

 

thanks for getting back to us.

 

According to your other post, you stated that you have an account - therefor I am doubtful a "ghost" payment was taken - it could have been applied to your Public Mobile account.

 

In order for me to verify this, I'll need some of your details. Can you please send me a private message?

 

Thanks,

 

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **