cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

Slow down, @VERYANGRY!

Whats the problem?  

Do you have an account with Public Mobile? 

If yes, are you seeing this $65 charge on the credit card you have provided to Public Mobile?

Its rare but sometimes there is a glitch with the activation portal or payment processing.  

Easiest solution is to write a private message to @Moderator_Team and get help.  The mods will make sure that you are happy and any error will be rectified.  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imm1304 wrote:

Slow down, @VERYANGRY!

Whats the problem?  

Do you have an account with Public Mobile? 

If yes, are you seeing this $65 charge on the credit card you have provided to Public Mobile?

Its rare but sometimes there is a glitch with the activation portal or payment processing.  

Easiest solution is to write a private message to @Moderator_Team and get help.  The mods will make sure that you are happy and any error will be rectified.  

I even tried private messaging this op, because they were not replying to my responses on here, and the reply was incoherent. After that no replies...

Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

I even tried private messaging this op, because they were not replying to my responses on here, and the reply was incoherent. After that no replies...

I thought it was interesting that a couple of brand new community accounts showing anger and trashing PM.  If something was important enough to trigger emotional outbursts like these, I wish they did their homework beforehand and learned how to get help or pick a more suitable carrier.  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c wrote:

Question #1

@Alan_K

Is this system *automated*?

I am a bit concerned if this new method requires Mods to respond back to EVERY support request (doubling number of messages required, as well as possibly impacting response times)

Question #2

Why not just scrap the entire "send a private message to Mod"?

Seriously

It seems far easier to go the route your competitors have chosen

(EG, *REQUIRE* login to self serve account, THEN click a button to submit request)

Seeing as this message board community is in no way tied to our actual Public accounts I think it is well past time that method of support is scrapped

This is an excellent idea. Would simplify redundant messages and lighten the moderator's workload on doing mundane verification.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a BULLSHET! First off, y fo the need username n password? You have already went thru those ?Security? Measures b4 u can even send a message SOUNDS SHADY!!!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gamblewithandy wrote:

This is a BULLSHET! First off, y fo the need username n password? You have already went thru those ?Security? Measures b4 u can even send a message SOUNDS SHADY!!!

This community forum is separate system from the PM self-serve system.  When you request support, moderator need to verify your PM account information before working on your account issues.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I personally don't like this. Account information shouldn't be passed around as verification. It's part of the rule of the weakest link. The self-serve account doesn't matter how secure you make the password anymore, if your community account gets hacked, they also have access to your actual account. 

I also dislike the authorization you're giving your service desk. I've worked tier 1 service desk as well, we went through account issues too but we never had full access to account credentials. Only one of the group had increased authorization which allowed them to see more information or forced password changes and they were closer to tier 2.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Live chat would help this whole conundrum, as long as there isn’t a 1 hour delay. 

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K what happens if I provide the needed information in the original message (username + password) or pin  and email or telephone number?   

Oracle

@mimmo_L wrote:

@Alan_K what happens if I provide the needed information in the original message (username + password) or pin  and email or telephone number?   

That would be the 2nd form of verification if a customer would fail to provide info requested on the new form. If they provide needed info in the initial PM, mods would have to manually verify the info, and it would get complicated if another mod takes over the case. So the new authentication method suppose to provide a global check in the system so mods can easily see that user has already verified his/her account. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.