Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes are coming to the Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We hope you’re all enjoying a great Holiday season. 

As we get closer to ringing in the new year, we’re excited to share some big news with everyone.

From January 4 - 7, 2022 the Community will go through some changes to bring our beloved support platform to new heights! Our members have waited some time to see our Community evolve, and we’re very excited to launch and share our new Community with you all very soon. 

Heads up: You may experience odd updates on the platform during this time, but don’t worry, we’re just moving things into place for the grand reveal. 

Community Maintenance 

January 4, 2022 12:00am ET - January 4, 2022 9:30am ET, customers will be unable to sign into their Community account during this time. 

• You won’t be able to submit a ticket, as the community will be under maintenance 
  • You can still search and browse existing posts in the Community

Email & Real Time Notifications Disabled: Jan 4 - 7 

From January 4 - 7, 2022 all email and real time notifications from Community will be disabled. You will receive an SMS notification (instead of an email) for new private messages from a Customer Support Agent (responses from a CS_Agent).

- Important: If you need to submit a ticket and are unable to receive an SMS, please make sure you check your private messages periodically or you can also provide the CSA with a temporary number, to receive your SMS notifications. 

• Email and real time notifications will proceed back on January 7, SMS will only be used from Jan 4 -7.  

We will return with another announcement to welcome and introduce you all to our new Community.

Thank you for all the support and feedback over this past year. We’ve heard many of your suggestions regarding ways to make our Community even better, and could not have done it without you!

Thank you 

- Public Mobile Team  

93 REPLIES 93

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to the upgrade.

Happy New Year everyone!

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That what I thought too😁

I guess those online news sites really hunger for things to write  , even a Community Update make it to the site:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/12/31/public-mobile-to-revamp-its-online-customer-forum/

Dtack

@J_PM  thanks for the update - excited to see the new changes!  Happy New Year!

@rossputin wrote:

Intriguing.

I wonder if an app could be involved? Doubtful I know but 🤔

@rossputin, I would not hold my breath waiting for an app.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@rossputin wrote:

Intriguing.

Nah, I always say Telus has no interested in App.. They even killed Koodo Self-serve App.  

rossputin

Intriguing.

@Korth 

Lol....thanks for making a nice change in bravos for a New Year!😉

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Namu wrote:

It should be very exciting I'm looking forward to a new year and my first full year with public mobile!

Congratulation for your first anniversary with PM and getting your first loyalty reward on your next renewal after your first anniversary day.

Namu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@J_PM 

It should be very exciting I'm looking forward to a new year and my first full year with public mobile!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Where do we place our wagers? 

Eternally wondrous and unhesitating optimism, of course!

(Since the cynical side of me long ago realized that when things already suck as badly as this Lithium/Khoros software then it's usually hard to make things get worse, lol.)

chainsawcowboy

I'm looking forward to seeing a brand spanking new community. Onwards and upwards is what I say. Happy New Year!

Dia1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

O yeah that's great .let's wait and watch

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous

Oh hey we can change the time settings? That sounds way better I hate this week ago month ago stuff. Cool. 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM 

I'm excited to see what the new community forum looks like hopefully it's not so bland and beige. The community is already so colourful the forum should reflect that. Happy New Community!

@softech 

I can't remember who told me how to change that setting but that made a world of difference!

@computergeek541   found the settings and changed as well... thanks

@dabr wrote:

@softech    If you hover over the time/day of the post, you can see the exact time of the posting.

@dabr @softech 

I find it easier to change the setting. It's under preferences, display, absolute dates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : My settings/Preferences/Display. I have it as absolute dates. This respects the Time zone under Preference options.

Thanks @dabr , now I learned something new today !!!

@computergeek541   will check the timestamp in the settings

honest, if you don't mind removing all repetitive posts after 2 hours, it would be perfect.. i just know it will be lots of work for your team.  The problem with repetitive posts (those with absolutely no new information) is very real.. and annoying

But with the current setup , a post is a post and will be counted even you moved it away, right?  At least from what I see on the user's stat.. not sure if PM secret formula will remove those posts

@softech wrote:

I always think 24 hours or 12 hours or even 6 hours is a good cut off or lock post.  But locking the post could be trouble to implement.  

I know it will be work for Oracle, but I guess Oracles should actively remove posts that are repeat without new information after the agree cutoff time to discourage people from doing that

Also, the timestamp, when past the day, the time stamp will simply be "Yesterday" , "Monday" (and other day of the week), one month ago,  Can it set up t ALWAYS show the exact time and date?  Would be helpful .. 

@softech    If you hover over the time/day of the post, you can see the exact time of the posting.

@softech wrote:

I always think 24 hours or 12 hours or even 6 hours is a good cut off or lock post.  But locking the post could be trouble to implement.  

I know it will be work for Oracle, but I guess Oracles should actively remove posts that are repeat without new information after the agree cutoff time to discourage people from doing that

Also, the timestamp, when past the day, the time stamp will simply be "Yesterday" , "Monday" (and other day of the week), one month ago,  Can it set up t ALWAYS show the exact time and date?  Would be helpful .. 

There is an absolute time stamp in the Community settings.  Whether a repetitive post is 2 minutes or 6 hours after another doesn't make it more or less repetitive although I understand that there are many times the repetitiion isn't intentional especially when its a few minutes later.  However, iit doesn't take someone 6 hours to read a thread or to type a reply.

@BeachNBeer wrote:

......🤣🤣

@Jb456 good edit just not fast enough

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Community_QA wrote:

@J_PM   Sound exciting!

Any new feature to stop people from the boring Copy and Pasting ?  

Any new feature to stop people from replying with the same information 24 hours later?

@Community_QA : Many people use copy/paste. It's the few that copy/paste a whack of irrelevant stuff from their lengthy source document without considering that some parts of their source are irrelevant to the OP of the moment and could waste their time or even cost them money.

As for the other...dunno. That would be some clever natural language processing to detect and remove those posts on deciding for itself that it's a repeat. Lock the thread after a certain number of hours?...we've seen OP's come back days later and "keep the conversation going". When the OP chooses a solution (leaving the Oracles the ability to change it if improper)? Or our favourite Oracle chooses one? Maybe lock it then. But it could remain open giving the OP the opportunity to choose it after they get the reminder email which is usually about when the favourite Oracle does it (or should 🙂 ).

But I guess us lowly punters will see it all in a few days and we can decide after some "break-in" period how well it works.

Maybe we'll all get cut out as being pointlessly superfluous when there's a crew of CSA's that can do all the helping (correctly or not) like other provider sites. Or we'll be relegated by edict (rule/policy) to the copy/paste of contact the CSA's. Now THAT would be boring.

And obviously this is all conjecture.

Community_QA

@J_PM   Sound exciting!

Any new feature to stop people from the boring Copy and Pasting ?  

Any new feature to stop people from replying with the same information 24 hours later?

jivetalker

@J_PM 

Thanks for the heads up. Well I'm interested in seeing what new changes come to the community. New year new community!

Dgraziani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh wow, cant wait to see these changes coming.

Need Help? Let's chat.