Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Phone Spring Sale! | March 18 - 31

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Jade_S_0-1647613771542.png

Hey Community, 

Freshen up for Spring🌷 with a new phone! 

From now until March 31, you can buy a Certified Pre-Owned phone and get a $20 bill credit. Plus, we have some limited time discounts on all of our most popular devices. Don’t miss out on phones as low as $19!

How to get his offer:

1. Purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone, and get a free SIM card. 
  2. Use the email address associated with your Public Mobile account during checkout. 
  3. Get a $20 bill credit during the last week of April.

Offer details:

• Certified Pre-Owned purchase must be made by March 31, 2022. New customers will have until April 7, 2022 to activate with any Public Mobile plan.
  • Your Certified Pre-Owned warranty has you covered for any manufactured defects for 1 year (excluding physical / liquid damage), starting from the date of purchase. 
  • If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if the bought online. 

Start your Spring off right, and save on your next phone! 

• Public Mobile Team
57 REPLIES 57

@darlicious wrote:

And yes.....yes I did buy a $19 flip phone.

I tried to buy the ZTE Cymbal 2 since Friday but it’s out of stock! Maybe they only had 1! ☹️ It seemed like a good deal for a basic flip phone.

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for quick reply!!  So I stole yours + others idea and suggested PM to allow using points to buy phone.  Hopefully, I'll get few more Bravos . . . wonder if that will help me to get Community Rewards.  I don't come to Community often.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Montrealpost 

Lol....knowing my cat Max exceptionally well I am pretty sure that since that thread predates the sale of CPO phones at pm I don't recall anyone adding that wish though I have suggested it to a few people.....

And yes.....yes I did buy a $19 flip phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Montrealpost

@darliciousThanks!!

So, u did buy the $19 phone? 

The link u provided would be interesting reading . . . .  with already 125 replies/wishes and the poster asked (legitimitly) Avoid repetitive wishes . . . .  it will take me more than a week just to figure out if I can comment on that post . . . haha!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Montrealpost 

Subsidized phones on contracts always look like a good deal but the plan price is how they make their money by keeping you chained to a plan for 24 months. Unless you need a large data plan and can't afford to buy a phone outright the phone will always cost you more than searching out a phone deal that you buy outright on your own. I never thought I would ever by a CPO phone from pm but a $1.28 and a free sim card was too good of a deal to pass up!

Try adding your wish here....quite a few have come true!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Montrealpost

@computergeek541   Absolutely agree with you!!!

The CPO prices of PM don't appear good, however I'm not up-to-day on phone prices.  Just remember the good old days when Koodo offer good prices and or discounts, especailly during Christmas.  I wonder about Koodo phone prices now . . . .

Montrealpost

@darliciousand @Korth , good point in PM allow using points to redeem phones.  Is there a forum, or where in this community to put that suggest forward?

@darlicious wrote:
Unfortunately you cannot use self serve account account credit to purchase CPO phones. We can only wish.....but you never know they may allow points program customers to redeem points for phones in the future?

That would be smart. Offering some high-cost objectives encourages customers to hoard points by paying for higher-cost plans, paying for add-ons, and "loyally" sticking around a long time ... rather than constantly paying for the lowest-cost plan possible, buying add-ons with points (instead of with cash) as the smaller, quicker increments become available.

If you're looking at a $300 phone - or a $300 discount off a phone - then you'll try to work your $200 point balance upward. If you're not looking at a phone - because it's not even an option - then you'll just blow your points on add-ons you can use or on a "free" month of service now and then. You're able to walk away more easily if you're not worried about losing more than ten bucks worth of points.

The in\troduction of a $19 price piont is nice, but unfortunately, that device is out of stock. Rather than a $20 bill credit, I'd much rather see better device pricing. The CPO pricing hasn't been good. For example, when a CPO device is price only $10 less than the suggested retailed device of a brand new phone of the same model, there aren't going to be many buyers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

If you snooze you lose.....the ZTE flip phone is OOS (SOLD OUT.) Lol....gee I wonder why?

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

Just make sure you use your self serve account email in your phone order so that you get the account credit.

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EdN   The April 7th date is for anyone who is not currently a customer to activate a new account in order to receive the $20 credit.   March 31st is the deadline to order the phone and qualify for the $20 account credit.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not clear on activation by new customers by April 7. How does this impact existing customers who purchased phone and SIM card for someone else?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@EdN   Yes the $20 credit will apply to your existing account if you're already a customer.  You can keep the SIM that comes with the phone purchase as a spare to use for referring a friend or family in the future.  The promotion runs until March 31st.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Will I get the $20 credit applied to my existing account if the sim card is not activated on a new account? what is the cut off date?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

@meotao 

Only 1 $20 credit per customer. To clarify, if you purchase 2 phones you will receive a $20 credit. 

@J_PM   Thanks for clarifying that customers will only receive one credit of $20 and would not qualify for another if ordering more than one phone.  Perhaps your promo post could also have that proviso to avoid confusion?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tahiti 

Unfortunately you cannot use self serve account account credit to purchase CPO phones. We can only wish.....but you never know they may allow points program customers to redeem points for phones in the future?

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#.

Tahiti

@meotaoGreat question in if we can buy 2 phones and get 2x$20=$40 credits!!

Hope @J_PM will answer soon, as a friend may want me to buy a phone for them also.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@meotao 

Only 1 $20 credit per customer. To clarify, if you purchase 2 phones you will receive a $20 credit. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thanks Public Mobile! 

I just replaced my flip phone with its broken screen with a CPO flip phone and a spare sim card for $21.28 - $20=$1.28! What a deal!

@popping 

I couldn't quite get as good of a deal as you can but by far this the cheapest phone I have ever bought! I'm not disappointed that I didn't win the contest for free phone now.....

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This promotion is not just for new customers. The April 7 date is key for customers who don't have an account activated with Public Mobile. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@meotao   Hmm...that's a good question but I don't see why not.   Usually it's limited to one credit per customer but that isn't mentioned in the details of the promo post.

Hopefully, Jade_S will clarify for you.

meotao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will I get $20 credit one time only or I can order 2 phones and get two times $20 credit? Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lieux   I could be wrong but I don't see this offer only for new customers as existing customers should be able to purchase the phones at the discounted price and would qualify for the $20 account credit similar to the last time PM offered a $30 account credit for purchasing one of their phones.  However, in order for a new customer to get the $20 credit, they would need to open an account within the promo dates.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is paying the subscribers with the Alberta shipping address to take the flip phone $19+GST=$19.95

Less: $20 bill credit = 5 cents

It is a good backup phone for the subscriber who is using a flip phone. 

It is a free phone after bill credit if you live in Alberta.

Tahiti

Question:  Can I use money in my Public Mobile account to buy phone? 

I tried to order online, clicked "Log In" right above email box.  Tried to sign-in with my email and password for MY ACCOUNT, doesn't work (Error message: Wrong password).  Open new tab, sign into MY ACCOUNT, but cannot find Buy Phone.  Thanks in advance!!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM  Question: and what will happen if the buyer don’t activate any plan before the 7th of April? Only for new customers?

Need Help? Let's chat.