Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Phone Spring Sale! | March 18 - 31

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Jade_S_0-1647613771542.png

Hey Community, 

Freshen up for Spring🌷 with a new phone! 

From now until March 31, you can buy a Certified Pre-Owned phone and get a $20 bill credit. Plus, we have some limited time discounts on all of our most popular devices. Don’t miss out on phones as low as $19!

How to get his offer:

1. Purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone, and get a free SIM card. 
  2. Use the email address associated with your Public Mobile account during checkout. 
  3. Get a $20 bill credit during the last week of April.

Offer details:

• Certified Pre-Owned purchase must be made by March 31, 2022. New customers will have until April 7, 2022 to activate with any Public Mobile plan.
  • Your Certified Pre-Owned warranty has you covered for any manufactured defects for 1 year (excluding physical / liquid damage), starting from the date of purchase. 
  • If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if the bought online. 

Start your Spring off right, and save on your next phone! 

• Public Mobile Team
57 REPLIES 57

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ended up eventually just ordering the replacement USB-C part & replacing it. It works well again. Just need to replace the back lid which was cracked before I did the job & is now super cracked LOL.

@bluejaywpg wrote:
The failed connector happens to be USB-C, not Micro-B (not that it necessarily matters).

If you're going to pull out your soldering iron then I urge you to first lookup the reference pinouts, lol.

You might be interested in products like these. Basically a small induction pad you plug into the USB port, along with a matching magnetic coupler which is built into a USB cable. The device-side coupler can be left in place indefinitely, some people even glue them in place permanently.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Krsende-180%C2%B0Rotation-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B09CZBX768/ref=sr...

bluejaywpg

@Korth wrote:

Whenever I have to replace another broken USB port, I upsize it.

Flimsy little micro-USB connectors are a joke. You don't even have to wiggle your wire to break them, they just fall apart or fail all by themselves after enough plug/unplug cycles.

I understand the world wants thin slick elegant stuff ... Apple's and Samsung's fashion designers can't sport an ugly old mini-USB connector, eww. But it turns as the twice-as-thick "obsolete" connector almost always fits and almost never breaks. It actually has enough structural metal and enough surface contact on the circuit board and enough solid solder fillet to avoid fatigue and failure. And - added bonus - it prevents people from stealing your charging blocks and cables. It was designed back in the day when USB standards were about robustness and longevity.

I heartily recommend that anyone else doing this repair uses the same approach. Don't replace parts which failed before, upgrade them so they won't fail again.

Can you even get a mini USB connector that will plug into more modern phones' boards? And if you can, will that even work for data transfers (offloading pictures) or will one have to use a wireless connection in some way? 

The failed connector happens to be USB-C, not Micro-B (not that it necessarily matters).

At least with wireless charging (if one buys a phone with that feature), one can have a better chance of avoiding wearing out the USB port prematurely. That's exactly why I started buying phones with that feature - even if they are a lot more expensive.

bluejaywpg

@hTideGnow wrote:

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure the charging port needs replacement. So I'm going to try to fix it myself & then keep it as an emergency backup.

HI @bluejaywpg   You actually trying to replace it/

and the phone is not wireless charging , right?

@hTideGnow this phone doesn't even have wireless charging as a feature.

There are YouTube videos on how to replace the port. And the part can be ordered with all the necessary tools to do the job, except I believe a heating gun (or similar item) may also be needed, & purchased separately.

Whenever I have to replace another broken USB port, I upsize it.

Flimsy little micro-USB connectors are a joke. You don't even have to wiggle your wire to break them, they just fall apart or fail all by themselves after enough plug/unplug cycles.

I understand the world wants thin slick elegant stuff ... Apple's and Samsung's fashion designers can't sport an ugly old mini-USB connector, eww. But it turns as the twice-as-thick "obsolete" connector almost always fits and almost never breaks. It actually has enough structural metal and enough surface contact on the circuit board and enough solid solder fillet to avoid fatigue and failure. And - added bonus - it prevents people from stealing your charging blocks and cables. It was designed back in the day when USB standards were about robustness and longevity.

I heartily recommend that anyone else doing this repair uses the same approach. Don't replace parts which failed before, upgrade them so they won't fail again.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I'm almost 100% sure the charging port needs replacement. So I'm going to try to fix it myself & then keep it as an emergency backup.

HI @bluejaywpg   You actually trying to replace it/

and the phone is not wireless charging , right?

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

The sale started over a week ago.....the free phones flew off the shelves. The decently priced ones sold out by the end of the week and now you are left with meh.....

What's your budget for a phone? Must haves? Android? iPhone...lol...?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious wow I've been busy with stuff & haven't touched the forums for a while LOL.

Well, I've so far done nothing with my phone. But I bought my wife a new phone because the old phone stopped charging. I'm almost 100% sure the charging port needs replacement. So I'm going to try to fix it myself & then keep it as an emergency backup.

As for budget? I don't really have a budget so I'll get whatever phone I want when I want to LOL. It must be Android. I may attempt to repair my phone if I am successful at repairing my wife's old phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@prbinalberta 

Which phone are you trying to purchase?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

prbinalberta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to purchase a certified phone, the checkout shows the original price and not the sale price.   How do I get the sale price?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

The sale started over a week ago.....the free phones flew off the shelves. The decently priced ones sold out by the end of the week and now you are left with meh.....

What's your budget for a phone? Must haves? Android? iPhone...lol...?

bluejaywpg

I love how there's a whole whopping 6 old phones for sale (& none at $19 because it's OOS & the OP has not been modified to reflect that). And posters are saying the prices are not that great. Oh well, my already low expectations continue to remain loooooooooooooooooooooow when it comes to cell service companies.

Now I just have to decide what to do with my severely cracked phone screen that I dropped a month ago. Take to a shop? Try to fix myself? Nothing? (Nothing is an option - it still works...)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jgaoshmu 

Yes in the last week of April.

jgaoshmu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will the credit automatically applied to the account? Thanks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@b1801 

Lol...that means the other phone is coming via Canada Post....like mine nowhere to be seen til next week? Unless it rains....or worse yet snows!!

HI @b1801 it's the dish washing approach LIFO  🙂

Yes, then definitely don't wait, message them and ask 

b1801

Same phone. 2nd order arrived on UPS from same city next day (shipper/inventory company is in my city). Card already charged for both orders.

It's definitely not FIFO (First in first out)

@b1801 wrote:

Ordered two phones separately. Second arrived but first is nowhere to be found. Is @CS_Agent one to message? (I already did yesterday).

HI @b1801 

Yes, message CS Agent with the order number and they can check

Are the 2 phones you ordered the same?  If they are different , they could be sent by different warehouses and it could be the reason why there one arrived but not the other one

But, go ahead and message CS Agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@b1801 

Officially it's 10 business days for delivery so you can wait a few more before inquiring to its status. Who shipped the first phone?

b1801

Ordered two phones separately. Second arrived but first is nowhere to be found. Is @CS_Agent one to message? (I already did yesterday).

chainsawcowboy

@darlicious 

First that Lee guy steals away my phone prize and you got a steal of a deal! I really need to check in here more often.

@nik77 wrote:

Any chance of changing the associated email with the order (to get $20 bonus on another account) after the fact?

Thanks

@nik77   Usually PM Supports are very understanding and willing to accommodate.  I suggest you to simply open a ticket with them , provide them with both email addresses and see if they can help:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

nik77

Any chance of changing the associated email with the order (to get $20 bonus on another account) after the fact?

Thanks

dwclui

Figured it out after I pressed send🤣

@dwclui   CPO phone , certified pre-owned   phone  🙂

dwclui

Thanks for quick response.  What is CPO?  I guess I will go with GUEST route and use the same email address as My Account.

@dwclui   The login on the CPO is DIFFERENT from Community and My Account.  You either create a new one or you purchase as guest.  

Make sure when you put in your email address, use the same one as My Account so they can match it up and give you the $20  bill credit

dwclui

I am existing PM customer and trying to order online, clicked "Log In" right above email box.  Tried to sign-in with my email and password for MY ACCOUNT, doesn't work (Error message: Wrong password).  Open new tab, sign into MY ACCOUNT, but cannot find Buy Phone.

@speakout wrote:

Too Expensive.  Much better off going on Kijiji and finding a better phone and paying less

You won't get much argument from any of the customers here. The CPO pricing is pretty bad.  However, the warranty factor needs to be considered when a buyer decides whether to buy one of these devices.

speakout

Too Expensive.  Much better off going on Kijiji and finding a better phone and paying less

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

I am pretty sure there was at least one left noon pacific but the sale is on til the end of the month so keep checking in every day to see if pm adds any new sale stock.

Need Help? Let's chat.