cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Winner!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you all who participated in our Community Picks program for CPO

(Certified Pre-Owned) Phones! We appreciate you taking the time to vote for your favourite CPO Phone.  

The results are in, the community has spoken. And the most popular CPO Pick is. . .

Apple iPhone XS 🥇

Jade_S_0-1629468093244.png

As mentioned in our last post, the Apple iPhone XS will join our phone catalogue and go on sale for just $521, while supplies last. Check it out before it’s gone forever.

Offer Details: On August 20, the Apple iPhone XS will be added here for a discounted price until August 26, or while supplies last.

Thank you,

-  Public Mobile Team 

31 REPLIES 31

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bummer that the pixel 5a won't be available in Canada.

@Quigley 

My pixel 3 is doing just fine....I love my new camera! It is neither my computer or my phone. It is fulfilling its purpose beautifully....

20210808_223916-ANIMATION.gif

@darlicious   That is if you're Pixel 3a doesn't get bricked useless sooner, like the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL.     😆

@rossputin 

With pixel 6 looming and it's new camera all preceding pixel phones need to be heavily discounted to prevent device envy. I will look forward to a heavily discounted pixel 6 in three years time.

rossputin

Although many people have said to just get the 4a which is $479 brand new.  

rossputin

Thanks for the heads up on the Pixel 5, @LeePublic & @computergeek541 .

$600  via PM Vs $800 via Google actually sounds reasonable depending on how pre-owned it is (battery health).  But with the 6 looming I suspect Google will discount it very soon.

If PM had the sorta sage, woulda purchased immediately.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

IMO, the worst value Android is the LG G7 One, $350 is soooo overpriced, given it stopped receiving software and security updates and it has only 32 GB.  I think it should be $150 max. Better to pay the extra $50 and get the S10. Even the Huawei P40 is better than the LG.

LeePublic

Also, noticed all of the sub-$200 Android phones are still out of stock.

LeePublic

They added the Samsung Galaxy S9, S10, Huawei P40, and the Pixel 5. The iPhone XS was on sale for $521, now increased to $579.

.. but the original contest was supposed that the winner will be "added to our catalogue for a limited time, at a special discounted price! "   So, is the iPhone selling at a much bargain price then S10 and P40?

I can't say that I'm surprised, but all 3 models are now availalbe.  Clearly, the phones were already sourced, so there was no reason not to relase them.  In addition to the 3 models mentioned in this announcement, the Galaxy S9 and Pixel 5 are also now available.

rossputin

I see it's 64 GB.

Pointless.

chainsawcowboy

I'm not an apple guy myself and find that a little pricey for a used phone. But @softech makes a good point you usually only get a one year warranty with a new phone so at least they are willing to back up a used product. That gives me more faith in the quality of the phones for sale.

@rossputin wrote:

Cosmetics are easy to gauge but how can we be sure of the battery health?

And is it 64 GB (pointless) or 128?

you can use apps to test it.   As long as it is reasonable , it should be ok.

the one thing it's good to get from PM is that it is covered by 1 year warranty

rossputin

Cosmetics are easy to gauge but how can we be sure of the battery health?

And is it 64 GB (pointless) or 128?

@ShawnC13 wrote:

iPhones are going to win all the time especially when the Android vote is split between multiple options.

So true!!

but honest, from the Community replies, we see so many posts about their vote to Samsung but not too many Apple's.   I guess Apple users are not as outspoken here and they just quietly cast their vote?  

smp99

Agreed - they would have had to source all models in the vote in case any particular one won. So the others will likely be available soon at the price they had always intended.

@softech wrote:

I didn't pick Apple.. Let's hope there is a Samsung next...

I suspect that all three models are coming to the Public Mobile pre-owned phone lineup.  While the voting was likely to a provide a little bit of fun, these devices would have already been available and I can't see any reason for Public mobile not to put the rest up for sale.  

I will add that the initial impression that I got from the original announcement thread and of this announcement about a winner was of a contest, but that isn't the case.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I didn't pick Apple.. Let's hope there is a Samsung next...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

The iPhone XS is a good pick although I picked the Samsung S10 because of the lower price than the iPhone XS.

There is also the iPhone XR which is almost similar to the iPhone XS.

@ShawnC13 

Ah....yes this survey was flawed from the very beginning!

iPhones are going to win all the time especially when the Android vote is split between multiple options.

If you are an iOS user then there is only one option to choose from.

Android more than one option, it is like our political system it splits the vote and the best option isn't always the one that wins lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

To be honest, I always despised Apple and prefer Android

LeePublic

@darlicious LOL.🤣

So.....who won the "new" previously owned not so loved apple phone ? 😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

who is the Winner for Apple iPhone XS ? so no one will winner that device 😞

LeePublic

What a nice surprise! Based on the comments on the previous forum, I thought the Samsung S10 would take the cake! The iPhone XS is a great option too! 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

That's a nice pick! I'm sure some people would be happy to have such a device.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a great option but you can find it sold at a lower cost at some retailers.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

That's great news! Good pick and price. Should sell well.

Need Help? Let's chat.