cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks! Vote Now - Oct 25

I remember picking virgin mobile over the cheaper alternatives because I thought cheaper was inferior and 3g was an old slow tech. I did some research and realized full speed lte 200mb+ is more than anyone would ever need. I started looking for data saving techniques and realized when watching videos. lte was so fast it had downloaded most of the videos or buffered a huge amount even if I watched only 10 seconds of it. this is what led me to look into the small 3 and eventually landed at pm with the best plan any provider can offer. this plan I'm currently on is unmatched and can't be beat...

I disagree with the 3mb throttle. it's way too slow and it's not even a consistent... you would think it's throttled to 3mb all the time, but it's not. it still depends on your signal quality wether you will reach that 3mb. I don't even think pm provides full lte speed to the customers with full lte plans. it's still throttled to half the speed at 100mb or lower. can anyone test this theory? at virgin I would hit 220mb easily

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 

The bonus account with full 4G LTE only consistently hit 60mbps. Unfortunately the last time I reactivated the unthrottled 4G LTE was gone....I have another account I will test day 30 as it only has the 250mb of plan data. Won't be testing the $10 plan account anytime soon....

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gpixel4 How low do you let it run before plugging in ? My last phone, as the battery was user replaceable, I ran my ol Samsung captivate glide until the software literally stopped working with most apps 😂 at times opening a longer text made it freeze and that was my stopping point lol

My main device is rooted, but I do have a tablet which is not rooted but I still have twrp on it. I like to make complete backups every so often. I'm looking into rooting but keeping bootloader locked, since I still run Samsung software anyway. Some apps, even games (?), know now somehow if your device is rooted and won't run at all. I can trick the ones that check only at the software level, but the ones looking at the bootloader, at least currently there's no fooling it. Adb might work but I don't think it'd let you disable certain processes of an app without disabling the whole app. but haven't looked into it yet

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

it depends, when I get home from work the phone is usually around 30-40%. if I'm going out right away I'll charge it. otherwise I'll leave it till 2 hours before bedtime. I try to keep it above 20%. 

it's all about calibration. overtime your phone will start seeing your battery as 50% capacity because it's been used only at those levels(40-80) for so long. causing it to drain faster when they are above and below those levels.

@darlicious 

I thought so...

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Closed

The LG phone is up for sale so I guess the secrets' out?

On a side note, the Huawei P40 is commonly known to not have Google play services installed from factory, are the ones sold by PM able to use the Play store as recieved?  

I realize you can sideload the app but that's not the question. 😎

softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Closed

@on2wheels wrote:

The LG phone is up for sale so I guess the secrets' out?

Really??? that many of us picked the LG?  or LG is getting rid of their stocks and give PM a deal that cannot resist?

On a side note, the Huawei P40 is commonly known to not have Google play services installed from factory, are the ones sold by PM able to use the Play store as recieved?  

I realize you can sideload the app but that's not the question. 😎

No, I am not touching it even it is free.. LoL

Need Help? Let's chat.