cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks! Vote Now - Oct 25

@Pete23 

No kidding....then we could actually vote on which phone will make it in the line up?😃

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@Pete23 

No kidding....then we could actually vote on which phone will make it in the line up?😃

Remember the "winning" phone will be offered at a promo price for a short time.  So even if it is on the list now it could get a lower sale price if it wins.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Irenetao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very much the Samsung S10! Definitely an awesome phone, great storage and quick run time! The only downfall is the battery, after using it for a while, battery drains out more quickly and needs recharging more often. But hey, which phone doesn't? 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pkaraa  A link to bestbuys.ca would have helped.  Having said that chances are the bestbuy.ca s10 is most likely being sold by a Scummy Market Place seller with restocking fee and pretty much no warranty. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey wrote:

@pkaraa  A link to bestbuys.ca would have helped.  Having said that chances are the bestbuy.ca s10 is most likely being sold by a Scummy Market Place seller with restocking fee and pretty much no warranty. 

@chukdefatey   Sorry, will disagree on your assessment of Market Place sellers on BB.  Have bought some items through a few of these sellers and, so far, I'm quite satisfied with the orders, delivery and price. 

Of course, YMMV and some due diligence is needed beforehand.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Irenetao 

all you need to do is recalibrate your battery. I do this everytime there is a big software update (1gb plus). or at least once every 4 months or so. 

the only way this fix will not work is if one constantly drains their battery till the device shuts off. 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I hear the LG has the best sound for listening to music with headphones. So that's my vote.

popping
Oracle

I pick Samsung s10 which is tested and working with audio streaming hearing aids using the new Android ASHA protocol.  Although the Samsung s9 also supports the ASHA protocol, but it is an older phone.

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gpixel4 Can you explain how you mean, recalibrate? I've heard that means letting the battery totally die and then charging to 100% full. Is that what you're referring to?

That said I've never noticed much change when I've done that. I normally try to stick between about 30% and 90% but sometimes, maybe once a month, I'll need more heavy usage or get distracted with something when charging and it's at 100% already. I find for some reason once I hit 30% it discharges faster, even without heavy use but I can't plug it in yet for whatever reason

That's a whole lot of ramble about battery !Lol

The days of user replaceable batteries were awesome! I'd much rather that than the water proof because I still don't even trust it. Fear I got the one that didn't seal properly and I'd be out 500$ (bought it outright brand new couple years ago)

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

I've heard that means letting the battery totally die and then charging to 100% full. Is that what you're referring to?

yes. you need to do it at least twice.

• charge to 100 then drain to 0
  • keep phone turned off then charge till the phone says 100
  • unplug the charger and turn on the phone. if it's not at 100 when you turn the phone on then plug it back in until it's at 100. then unplug and drain to 0
  • repeat steps 2-3 1 more time

if you're still experiencing quick discharges. then repeat it one more time

keeping the phone inbetween 30-90 ranges is what causes the memory issue in the software. and why your device drains quickly below 30%. because you rarely use your device at those levels, the software thinks your battery only has capacity up to those levels

for android also clear the cache and memory on the 'device health services app' this holds info on your battery. not sure if iPhone has something similar. I'm pretty sure they do. you would have to google it though

this is why gaming laptops have battery calibration tools. 

Need Help? Let's chat.