Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Closed

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Community Picks! 

We've closed the voting polls and will return on Wednesday, November 3, to share the winning phone you want added to our Certified Pre-Owned Catalogue.

Stay tuned! 

- Public Mobile Team

-------------

Hey Community, 

We’re back with another round of Community Picks! 

What is Community Picks?

Since we started offering CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) phones, there’s been a growing number of customers asking for more options to choose from. This has sparked our interest to find out which CPO phones you would like to see added to our catalogue for a limited time, at a special discounted price!. 

Our Certified Pre-Owned phones are refurbished phones that are tested, inspected, cleaned and re-packaged to look and function like new. Because of this, we are able to offer them at a price you and your wallet will love.

Vote for your Community Picks choice:

We want to hear from you! We have chosen 3 great phones, but we need your input on which one will be the newest addition to our Certified Pre-Owned catalogue

How to Vote:

Visit this link and select your favourite CPO phone. Voting will close on November 1  

CPO Phone Picks

• Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S9
  • LG G8X ThinQ Single Screen

Once voting has closed, the phone with the most votes will be crowned the Community Picks winner, and will be included in our CPO Catalogue with a discount for a limited time only. We’ll announce the winning device and offer details in a follow-up post. Stay tuned!

- Public Mobile Team

45 REPLIES 45

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I don't personally like either of them, but phones get outdated very quickly. So I chose the latest Samsun S10.

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

Yes, $400 for S10.🤔.. 

Kind of expensive? Looking at kijiji you can get 'mint' for $300 or about... Of course it is 'do you feel lucky...'

And kijiji is going down the drain. Searched for 'samsung s10' and got 3 pages of all kind of garbage before some of S10 started to appear...

@Yummy, no warranty issued by kijiji, and no worries about your phone being blacklisted a few months after you purchase it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech wrote:

Yes, $400 for S10.🤔.. 

Kind of expensive? Looking at kijiji you can get 'mint' for $300 or about... Of course it is 'do you feel lucky...'

And kijiji is going down the drain. Searched for 'samsung s10' and got 3 pages of all kind of garbage before some of S10 started to appear...

@darlicious wrote:

Im not understanding the point of this exercise? Pm already offers the S9 and the S10 so the only new phone to be offered is the LG? So is the question not should we offer the LG phone despite the fact LG is no longer manufacturing phones and updates will no longer be available?

I heard on this board LG is Not exactly desirable phone to have even though its hardware is good...

umayal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i would love to pick Samsung Galaxy s10 , i love Samsung

@0PX9O4 wrote:

It would be nice to be able to read why folx picked the option that they did.

I'll go first: I picked the LG G8X ThinQ because it offers the best value i.e. combination of technical specs and price. On the downside though, this device is not upgradeable to Android 11, much less to Android 12.

I picked the S10 just as the highest-end phone, but I am waiting for my pre-ordered Pixel 6 to arrive!!  14 days and counting.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 

Seems to me 2 out of 3 are already available...

Screenshot_20211025-161341~2.png

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Maybe there needs to be a 4th option

4) None of the above.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I do supect that once gain, all three models will soon be available.

I agree 100% .. LoL

Yes, $400 for S10.🤔..  only good news is that S10 still getting Monthly Security Update this year.. but will shift to quarterly soon

If I had to pick one, it would be the Galaxy S10.  However, I don't see $400 for a model that is pushing 3 years old to be great.  I would also suggest that members stay away from the LG G8 ThinQ because of the LG software experience.  I do supect that once gain, all three models will soon be available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

#WSS ^^ 🙂 LG is exiting the mobile phone business. Why sell them?

Edit: I doubt WSS is a thing and these days T is politically correct but there you go.

Im not understanding the point of this exercise? Pm already offers the S9 and the S10 so the only new phone to be offered is the LG? So is the question not should we offer the LG phone despite the fact LG is no longer manufacturing phones and updates will no longer be available?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It's good there is no iPhone in this round.  The Apple lovers will really skew the result one way, we seen it from last time LoL

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would be nice to be able to read why folx picked the option that they did.

I'll go first: I picked the LG G8X ThinQ because it offers the best value i.e. combination of technical specs and price. On the downside though, this device is not upgradeable to Android 11, much less to Android 12.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thanks for another announcement thread that welcomes the entire community to voice their opinion and feel they have made a contribution to the community that is not a narrowly focused help only post. I am looking forward to reviewing the options you have presented.

Need Help? Let's chat.