cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fujiyama
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: VOTE NOW

Good promo! My pick would be the Samsung Galaxy S10, but I don't feel like logging in to actually vote lol (sorry :p)

BlueB
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jade_S 

This would have been fun if this "voting" came with 1 lucky winner (contest) to receive the phone that gets introduced to the catalogue!  😀

Edit: Even if the cost of the phone is too much, a prize would still be nice, like a free Data add-on or $credit or something to get more attention and votes form some of us who don't want to create or log into a Google account just to fill out that vote.

popping
Oracle

@z10user4 & @Koombassi

My post listed the reason why I need an new iPhone or Samsung phone because of my new hearing aids which I am testing and buying.  I did not anticipated that it triggered the off-topic discussion. 

Hearing aids selection is an important topic for our community members.  I will move our off-topic posts to a new thread called "Hearing Aids Selection" under the Lounge category later tonight when I have more time.  Let me know if anyone has better suggestion.

Stay positive, test negative, have a better and better days ahead...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@popping : As gentle ribbing...your post was off-topic anyway as it wasn't about voting for a small selection of phones to call Members Choice (or whatever).

But then wha'd'ya know...your fellow Oracles didn't seem quite so zealous in hacking it all out and dumping it down to the lounge. Started by one of their own? hmmm

But nor am I the type to get all hot and bothered about off-topic posts. It always comes back around. A couple Oracles seem so inclined though not nearly as fanatical as I've seen elsewhere.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping : As gentle ribbing...your post was off-topic anyway as it wasn't about voting for a small selection of phones to call Members Choice (or whatever).

But then wha'd'ya know...your fellow Oracles didn't seem quite so zealous in hacking it all out and dumping it down to the lounge. Started by one of their own? hmmm

But nor am I the type to get all hot and bothered about off-topic posts. It always comes back around. A couple Oracles seem so inclined though not nearly as fanatical as I've seen elsewhere.

@popping had asked for instructions on how to move and split posts and he now has the information on how to do it.  It was discussed and wasn't left because it was started by an Oracle.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 : Why wasn't it promptly hacked out like ALL the times before? hmm? As if. And what, popping himself couldn't explain that? You of all people had to pipe in. I have no ill will towards him. You on the other hand....

softech
Mayor / Maire

@BlueB wrote:

@Jade_S 

This would have been fun if this "voting" came with 1 lucky winner (contest) to receive the phone that gets introduced to the catalogue!  😀

Edit: Even if the cost of the phone is too much, a prize would still be nice, like a free Data add-on or $credit or something to get more attention and votes form some of us who don't want to create or log into a Google account just to fill out that vote.

@BlueB   You have great suggestion!!!

ShawnC13
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Why wasn't it promptly hacked out like ALL the times before? hmm? As if. And what, popping himself couldn't explain that? You of all people had to pipe in. I have no ill will towards him. You on the other hand....

@z10user4 at times you ask for explanations or why things were done or not done and when an explanation is presented there is still backlash.  I was away from the community for a couple of days camping as to why I didn't move anything.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

LeePublic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would vote for all of them, I'd say the more options offered, the wider range of customers who might be looking for a smartphone. 

But if there was one choice, I would pick iPhone XS.

I also vaguely remember Public offering a Samsung S10, but it was in the $700-750 range. Hopefully, it'll be offered at a lower price.

LeePublic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BlueB Fab idea! Maybe 250 MB data? Every bit counts!

Need Help? Let's chat.