cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: VOTE NOW

@z10user4 

Yeah, after reading my post and noticing the topic; it's like....what???

To be clear @z10user4 , my Kirkland hearing aids are not Apple specific. Yes, Apple has been working with hearing aid makers for awhile, but mainly I think to ensure folks like us with hearing issues can have some relief. For Apple, it goes to their intense focus on all things related to health. What really rips me is why the sound technology that's built into today's devices hasn't migrated to hearing aids. So, yes you can stream sound but the quality is definitely lacking. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Yes but where will they put it? Is it lounge worthy? Or PM worthy? That is the question.

softech
Mayor / Maire

yes.. maybe we can vote based on the camera quality?  anyone can post some pictures from any of those models so we can judge based on that?    🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Well the camera is the deal breaker for me unless I was shown otherwise it would be Samsung all day.

popping
Oracle

@z10user4 

My last pair of HA for 5 years is by Phonak which does not has built-in Bluetooth support inside my Phonak.  I need to wear a Phonak Bluetooth device.  This device is acting as the middle man between my phone using Bluetooth and my HA using its own wireless protocol to send/receive audio.

But since last year, every manufacturers are adding Bluetooth 5 (a.k.a Bluetooth low energy) chip to their hearing aids.  Therefore, I can connect my phone directly to my new HA without wearing another intermediate device. 

My problem is hearing in noisy environment.  I can hear well on phone conversion with my new improved HA using my UMIDIGI A5 Pro without the direct audio streaming.  I still have problem hearing people who speak softly with my new HA.  

Yes, my new HA is still on the Costco 90 days trial period.  But I am not testing the Kirland Signature HA at the moment.  We don't like locked phone sold by mobile provider.  Do you know that the HAs sold by Costco are locked to Costco and cannot be re-programmed by other HA provider. 

Rumor has it that if someone tests too many pairs of  HA at Costco, the audiologist will cut the patient off because Costco audiologist appointment is at least 1 month.  They don't worry about getting HA business.  I hate audiologist telling me nothing they can do with my hearing loss with the current HA technology.  I will try as many HA until it solves my hearing in noisy condition and soft speech.  I am still deciding whether to keep the new HA which solves my hearing in noisy condition and not soft speech.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Here you go....good light 12mp, good light 12 mp (texture) and poor light 12 mp.

Screenshot_20210811-215657~2.pngScreenshot_20210811-215728~2.pngScreenshot_20210811-215918~2.png

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@popping : Ok even _I_ think this has become chaos....up here. 🙂

The Phonaks started standard bluetooth now a couple years ago which eliminates the need for a secondary device.

From what I understand, Phonak is still the only one making them with standard bluetooth.

For much longer, most of the others had Made For iPhone which is not standard bluetooth.

I don't think you'll find nirvana. All we can ask is that we're not always saying pardon me or repeat that or what was that or simply withdrawing from it all. Noisy situations are even difficult for normal hearing let alone compromised hearing.
Soft speakers are also difficult but not so much for normal hearing. I have both challenges. And then throw in tinnitus and a dash of hyperacussis.

What do you mean "mobile provider"? Some non-Kirkland ones are locked. The Signature's are not. The problem might come with another provider agreeing to touch a product they don't/didn't sell. But you can also do this yourself. You can buy the programming box and the software is free.

As for return frequency...I don't know if that's an urban myth. But I'd be looking at the KS10's from Phonak and keep using your Umidigi and not spend more money for ASHA.

At the end of the day...it's a struggle. Very frustrating.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Apple iPhone XS

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Samsung Galaxy S10 is my choice too but if the price isn't good, it won't matter.

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just voted!

Based on members who joined PM is because of the low price rate.

I am a big fan of Apple and Samsung phones so I went with the Samsung S10.
I agree with @darlicious that Google phones would be a great addition to the pre-owned phones for the price points in the next round of pre-owned phone vote.

Need Help? Let's chat.