Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call issues this morning

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Community,

First off, thank you for your patience as we went through a local calls issue due to a software glitch. Please note that data, and texts worked during this time. 

As of 10:30am EDT, the issue was resolved and announced within the community thread. 

Going forward, we will do our best to do the following:

1. Advise the Community that the we are aware of the issue and working to resolve
  2. Update the Community through posts, social media as to any resolution updates
  3. Update the Community through posts, social media as to when the issue has been resolved

If you continue to experience any issues, please contact our wonderful moderator team.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will communicate more frequently as things arise going forward.

-Public Mobile Community Team

16 REPLIES 16

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Based on your other fetured post, I thought social media was no longer a part of Public Mobile's Support Stucture. PM is still going to post service updates on Social Media?

PM should keep updating Social Media on service updates and should keep as part of the support stucture even in a reduce role. But overall they are not send exactly a crystal clear message.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update @Jeremy_M

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

Every one of my accounts with an iPhone went down, yet Androids & a Blackberry had no issues.

@kav2001c Must. Resist. Snarky. iPhone. Bashing. Comment.....  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I am in GTA and no long distance add on with no issues at all on my personal phone

I only found out about the issue as people I activated were calling me about it asking since I normally manage multiple accounts 

Out of 8 other accounts, 4 went down (and they all had iPhones, whether it is relevant or not is unknown)

@will13am wrote:

Are you located in the GTA and did your account have long distance addon?  I think this service disruption was in Ontario only and possible just the GTA.  I am in the GTA and my account has long distance addon.  I had no disruption in service.  Every friend I have talked to so far were affected and none of them have any long distance minutes.  So, I am thinking this might be what kept my account going.

Only certain users were effected (which is odd)

I too am curious as to what was happening. Every one of my accounts with an iPhone went down, yet Androids & a Blackberry had no issues.

@MVP wrote:

- what (or who? 🙂 ) caused it? What are some technical details you can disclose?

- were all users affected, or just some of us?

- was it a local PM problem, or extending also to Koodo/Telus?

-"local calls issue due to a software glitch"... Was it the same PM software that causes all other glitches? Or different software.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@MVP wrote:

I did not experience the problem myself, but it makes me very uncomfortable,

as one of my line requires an enhanced reliability.

I guess it would be a bit more reassuring for many users to obtain some more extended info about the incident:

- what (or who? 🙂 ) caused it? What are some technical details you can disclose?

-"local calls issue due to a software glitch"... Was it the same PM software that causes all other glitches? Or different software.

Thank you in advance for some more detailed explanations...

Are you located in the GTA and did your account have long distance addon?  I think this service disruption was in Ontario only and possible just the GTA.  I am in the GTA and my account has long distance addon.  I had no disruption in service.  Every friend I have talked to so far were affected and none of them have any long distance minutes.  So, I am thinking this might be what kept my account going.

Thanks a lot! That's kind of useful info I'd love to hear from the mods about this incident.

Two of my lines are currently in GTA, one is not, no LD addons on either, nobody experienced problems

this morning as nobody made any calls till around 11am (a lazy Monday 🙂 ), but I'd imagine it it occured later during the day/evening,  there might have been some consequences.

If having a LD addon enhances  reliability of the line

in a glitchy software environment I'd definitely buy LD addons!

But Mods should tells us about this!

@MVP wrote:

I guess it would be a bit more reassuring for many users to obtain some more extended info about the incident:

MVP

RLBL

Thanks for the information... 

Ironically, my wife's voice quality on her Nexus 5x is crap. Today it was fine. While we talking the call dropped around the time state above, and when service was restored, her voice quality was crap again.

Likely a coincidence...

denkom

Thanks for the update. The community will certainly appreciate more timely communication next time. Perhaps there could be a section of the website where people could navigate to in order to check current network status? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks, Glad to see some communication. and that a communication plan has been identifed. It only took two major "loss of service issues" 😞  Maybe this same procedure can also be used when there is a backlog of support requests as well

As always an informed customer is a "happier" customer, not nessisarly a happy one.

Tracysolano77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is not working still. I already message the moderator..

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update.  Timely news is always appreciated even if it is bad news.  I take it this means the labs suggestion I just put is has progressed from new idea to idea completed in heart beat!  Smiley Happy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update. 

This is a must and should always have a dedicated person going through the community topics on a daily basis. We weren't advised about the add-on purchase and activation glitch. No matter how small the affect is, letting us know is much better than nothing. 

Jeremy_M wrote: 

Going forward, we will do our best to do the following:

1. Advise the Community that the we are aware of the issue and working to resolve
  2. Update the Community through posts, social media as to any resolution updates
  3. Update the Community through posts, social media as to when the issue has been resolved

thapager
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad things are up and working again. At first, I thought it may have been a rouge employee may have did something similar like Twitter did to Trump in the States. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeremy_M, thanks for the udpdate and glad to hear that things have been resolved.  We do hope that if this happens again that it will get posted by PM to let the users know that PM is aware of the situation and is working on it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.