cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: WIN A YEAR OF SERVICE by sharing what you love with #PublicMobilePDA by Nov 22!

@Tiana_V wrote:

@darlicious @madhi19 @z10user4 

This promo code that madhi19 recieved is infact for new customers to use when activating. If you're already a PM customer, the contest on the Community is where you can share a post about something you love (not just PM, although we do appreciate the love Smiley Very Happy ) and be entered for a chance to win a year of service! 

@Tiana_V, in the announcement it stated we could post to twitter or instagram

How does this work?

From now until November 22nd, 2019, anyone who shares a positive post with #PublicMobilePDA on Twitter or Instagram (see post guidelines below), will have the opportunity to have their message put on display on the digital ad boards in Canada’s biggest cities!

That is where I posted and put a link to that post in this thread.  I also received the 2GB offer for new activations which to me didn't make sense.  Why would an existing customer activate a new account

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time.

Do I need to edit my post in this thread to include what I posted on Twitter to be entered into the contest for existing customers?

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Re: WIN A YEAR OF SERVICE by sharing what you love with #PublicMobilePDA by Nov 22!

Public Mobile

Sorry for the confusion everyone! There are multiple parts to #PublicMobilePDA as follows:

1. Any post on the Community, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #PublicMobilePDA will be eligible to be displayed on digital ad bilboards in Toronto and Vancouver on Nov. 22 2019.

2. Current Public Mobile customers can post about something they love using the hashtag here on the Community to be eligible to win a year of service. 

3. People who post the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram will recieve a promo code for a 2GB data add-on to be used when activating. 

Hope this clarifies things for everyone Smiley Happy 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tiana_V wrote:

Sorry for the confusion everyone! There are multiple parts to #PublicMobilePDA as follows:

1. Any post on the Community, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag #PublicMobilePDA will be eligible to be displayed on digital ad bilboards in Toronto and Vancouver on Nov. 22 2019.

2. Current Public Mobile customers can post about something they love using the hashtag here on the Community to be eligible to win a year of service. 

3. People who post the hashtag on Twitter and Instagram will recieve a promo code for a 2GB data add-on to be used when activating. 

Do I need to be a customer to receive this promo code and does it expire?

Thanks,

Ed

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ed404 wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

Do I need to be a customer to receive this promo code and does it expire?

Thanks,

Ed

@Ed404  No. You just need to post on Twitter or Instagram and be chosen by your entry to "win" the promo code. If you do recieve one then sit on it and stack it with whatever promotion they offer with black Friday and activate an account before the end of November so your contributions to the community count towards a possible community reward.

Edit: Expires November's  30th.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't even know what is meant by item number 2 "post here on the community using the hash tag".

I am not on Instagram or Twitter but AM in the PM Forum. This "#" is the hashtag in my world (though I would much more likely call it the Pound Symbol) but I really don't know what to do with it here! 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I don't even know what is meant by item number 2 "post here on the community using the hash tag".

I am not on Instagram or Twitter but AM in the PM Forum. This "#" is the hashtag in my world (though I would much more likely call it the Pound Symbol) but I really don't know what to do with it here! 

AE_Collector

They just want you to type #PublicMobilePDA in your comment. Not sure why because they are meaningless here

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ahhh, that I can understand! Thanks Ed.... ever the helpful "Future Public Mobile Customer!"

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Ahhh, that I can understand! Thanks Ed.... ever the helpful "Future Public Mobile Customer!"

AE_Collector

LOL Robot LOL

I assure you I will become a Public Mobile customer eventually, I'm just slow at this.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

#PublicMobilePDA

Let me see.... my wife, my son, two of my sisters, my brother, his wife, 3 friends, and, of course, I... all LOVE the service for the cost of Public Mobile. We've all gotten more service for far less money. I think Public Mobile's business model (let customers help customers for the simple stuff, but chime in to help with the complex stuff) is a really good one. Everything online. The phone company that is not encumbered with call centres full of people answering phones. Public Mobile customers benefit from Community Forums where almost every question has already been asked, and the answers are all there. No answers by voice to one person. No sir. All questions and all answers are laid bare for everyone to see... and benefit from. It's a model that works in so many other areas. Leverage the internet, crowd sourcing, social media, the mindset that all answers are on the internet, all while reducing drastically bricks and mortar costs. Then ... pass the savings on to the customers. 

Keep up the great work, Public Mobile, so that we can all better afford to send our kid and pet pictures to the people we love the most, our birthday and anniversary pictures, holiday pics, and, oh yeah, even text/picture text anyone on the planet or call people by voice anywhere in the country, all included in the monthly cost. 

And the best thing? NO SURPRISE DATA BILLS! Yes - that's right - you can get a phone for your young person, and they simply cannot incur extra data charges because it is all pre-pay, and when it's done, it's done. No worries! No muss, No fuss!

Oh - and did I mention the surprise flash sales? You can switch your plan at any time to a new plan to coincide with your regular billing cycle start date, and no charge to grab that new special deal on PM's web site.

Keep up the great work, Public Mobile - bringing affordable mobile device plans to everyone in Canada, and unhooking from the "get a new phone every two years" syndrome that makes people think they are getting free upgraded phones (but are actually paying dearly for upgraded phones they don't need!). Folks - just bring your own device and sign up at Public Mobile!